Ash Nisbet

Wests Tigers Discussion
Post Reply
User avatar
Roar Power
Member
Member
Posts: 458
Joined: Tue 12 Jul, 2011 6:16 am

Ash Nisbet

Post by Roar Power » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 10:59 am

ONE TO WATCH

Ash Nisbet. A former Australian Schoolboy, Nisbet is a graduate of the NYC and currently running around in the NSW Cup. Now at the Tigers after two seasons with Cronulla, the backrower has been a standout in recent weeks. Turning 21 in November, Nisbet is on a part-time deal with the Tigers and started the year playing off the bench for Wests in the Ron Massey Cup.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 926f6f2507

Sorry if there is already a thread on this but does anybody have insight into this fella?


User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33018
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 5:52 pm

Given the floggings our ISP side has endured this season I can't comment, Geo has seen a few games though and may have more of an idea of how the kid is travelling.

bp tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2466
Joined: Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by bp tiger » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 6:23 pm

from what i have heard, a lot of the problems are down to the coach, it appears he has lost the dressing room and the players have turned on him.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 6:59 pm

This puts a very sinister edge to Lockyer's claim in his weekend column that DCE only had to produce a MOM effort over in Perth for Manly to earn his origin jersey. Was this column designed to put him off his game? Cherry answered the call with a stiring performance which saw his side comeback from a large deficit to win...and still gets dudded. I honestly think that the appointments of Locky and Kev to selection roles along with that dinosaur Gene Myles is the worst thing that has happened to Queensland football in a dozen years. They completely screwed up game 1, were lucky game 2 after including Glasby, ignoring guys who were playing outstanding football for their clubs and have now picked a bloke who isnt in great form, ignoring arguably the top form half currently playing in the NRL.

QLD may well win next week but these selections are political and are a concern moving forward. We've been laughing at NSW for years for this exact reason. Pick the best 17 available for christ sakes.

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2637
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Post by diedpretty » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 7:03 pm

stryker wrote:
Mon 03 Jul, 2017 6:59 pm
This puts a very sinister edge to Lockyer's claim in his weekend column that DCE only had to produce a MOM effort over in Perth for Manly to earn his origin jersey. Was this column designed to put him off his game? Cherry answered the call with a stiring performance which saw his side comeback from a large deficit to win...and still gets dudded. I honestly think that the appointments of Locky and Kev to selection roles along with that dinosaur Gene Myles is the worst thing that has happened to Queensland football in a dozen years. They completely screwed up game 1, were lucky game 2 after including Glasby, ignoring guys who were playing outstanding football for their clubs and have now picked a bloke who isnt in great form, ignoring arguably the top form half currently playing in the NRL.

QLD may well win next week but these selections are political and are a concern moving forward. We've been laughing at NSW for years for this exact reason. Pick the best 17 available for christ sakes.
You forgot about the main selector C Smith.


User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 7:05 pm

Wrong thread

Donald Trump
Member
Member
Posts: 452
Joined: Tue 15 Nov, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Donald Trump » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 10:29 pm

Who?
Let's make the Tigers great again!

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29331
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 10:38 pm

willow wrote:
Mon 03 Jul, 2017 5:52 pm
Given the floggings our ISP side has endured this season I can't comment, Geo has seen a few games though and may have more of an idea of how the kid is travelling.

Has played Ron Massey for most of the year and hasn't really stood out there...I think he has only played a couple of ISP games ..One I do remember he played in the centres and didn't do a great deal...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2712
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Wed 29 Nov, 2017 4:16 pm

Off to the Dragons apparently.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33018
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Thu 30 Nov, 2017 1:47 am

Tacky wrote:
Wed 29 Nov, 2017 4:16 pm
Off to the Dragons apparently.
Nothing gained, nothing lost. Good luck to him.

User avatar
Kip Drordy
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue 27 Dec, 2016 8:39 pm

Post by Kip Drordy » Tue 05 Dec, 2017 8:26 pm

Nisbet had a high work rate in the 20s but nothing special. Was ordinary for wests in Massey and tigers in ISP when he got a run (they'd run out of players). He might kick on but surprised he's been picked up

Post Reply