Page 1 of 1

Re: 2018 Record Membership

Posted: Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:43 pm
by innsaneink
With three grounds all over Sydney I guess everyone finds at least one or two difficult to get to.... As snake said anywhere in Sydney's difficult to get to nowadays.
Suck it up

Re: 2018 Record Membership

Posted: Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:44 pm
by Tiger Steve
Russell wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:41 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:31 pm
Hey I’ve got an idea. Let’s play all games inside Fox studios. Referees can be called directors and reserves can be called extras. We only need a crowd of 20 - jammed in nice and tight for multiple camera shots. Games can be prerecorded with multiple endings played out. Then the NRL can easily choose who they want to win. No more stadium nonsense and no more fans . This should delight the NRL because this is what the useless dicks want!!
Many a true word spoken in jest Steve.
Sadly you are correct

Re: 2018 Record Membership

Posted: Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:45 pm
by Harvey
gallagher wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:41 pm
The NRL want clubs to move to stadiums to increase crowd numbers. It may not work, but that's their motivation.
Need to get the government on board to build a 200,000 seat stadium, cause the ones that hold 40,000 and 80,000 aren't attracting enough people.

Re: 2018 Record Membership

Posted: Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:51 pm
by gallagher
Harvey wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:45 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:41 pm
The NRL want clubs to move to stadiums to increase crowd numbers. It may not work, but that's their motivation.
Need to get the government on board to build a 200,000 seat stadium, cause the ones that hold 40,000 and 80,000 aren't attracting enough people.
But moving to WSS will get us out of an 80k seater to a 30k seater.

Re: 2018 Record Membership

Posted: Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:56 pm
by Harvey
gallagher wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:51 pm
Harvey wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:45 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:41 pm
The NRL want clubs to move to stadiums to increase crowd numbers. It may not work, but that's their motivation.
Need to get the government on board to build a 200,000 seat stadium, cause the ones that hold 40,000 and 80,000 aren't attracting enough people.
But moving to WSS will get us out of an 80k seater to a 30k seater.
So if the NRL can build crowds to 30k (which they often are in Brisbane) that stadium is not big enough.

Re: 2018 Record Membership

Posted: Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:57 pm
by PrattenParkMagpie
Harvey wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:23 am
hank37w wrote:
Wed 06 Jun, 2018 3:00 pm
Don't think I want to go anywhere near Parramatta.
Same with me, transport from the Southwest to Parra on weekends is terrible. Will mean I don't attend as often as I do now.
Direct services from Liverpool to Parramatta on weekends and direct services from Glenfield to Parramatta on weekdays, requires two changes on weekends but the waiting time is minimal with services every 15 minutes, the Glenfield change requires walking from platform 1 to platform 2, a whole 5-6 metres.

The waiting time at Glenfield is 1 minute, the waiting time at Liverpool is 11 minutes, an alternative is to change at Granville instead of Liverpool, Granville platform 3 to platform 4 (another 5-6 metre walk) and the waiting time is 5 minutes.

The travel time from Campbelltown to Parramatta is 56 minutes.

Re: 2018 Record Membership

Posted: Sun 10 Jun, 2018 1:02 pm
by gallagher
Harvey wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:56 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:51 pm
Harvey wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:45 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:41 pm
The NRL want clubs to move to stadiums to increase crowd numbers. It may not work, but that's their motivation.
Need to get the government on board to build a 200,000 seat stadium, cause the ones that hold 40,000 and 80,000 aren't attracting enough people.
But moving to WSS will get us out of an 80k seater to a 30k seater.
So if the NRL can build crowds to 30k (which they often are in Brisbane) that stadium is not big enough.
Youre giving me a headache. Do you think they should have made WSS bigger?

Re: 2018 Record Membership

Posted: Sun 10 Jun, 2018 1:05 pm
by Russell
gallagher wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 1:02 pm
Harvey wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:56 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:51 pm
Harvey wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:45 pm


Need to get the government on board to build a 200,000 seat stadium, cause the ones that hold 40,000 and 80,000 aren't attracting enough people.
But moving to WSS will get us out of an 80k seater to a 30k seater.
So if the NRL can build crowds to 30k (which they often are in Brisbane) that stadium is not big enough.
Youre giving me a headache. Do you think they should have made WSS bigger?
Pretty stupid to spend all that money to increase it by about 5k.

Re: 2018 Record Membership

Posted: Sun 10 Jun, 2018 1:08 pm
by gallagher
Do people living in Campbelltown ever go to AFL, cricket, union, concerts, the beach or anything else that isn't in Campbelltown?
Their poor kids mustnt go anywhere. Its all too hard.

Re: 2018 Record Membership

Posted: Sun 10 Jun, 2018 1:12 pm
by gallagher
Russell wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 1:05 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 1:02 pm
Harvey wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:56 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 12:51 pm

But moving to WSS will get us out of an 80k seater to a 30k seater.
So if the NRL can build crowds to 30k (which they often are in Brisbane) that stadium is not big enough.
Youre giving me a headache. Do you think they should have made WSS bigger?
Pretty stupid to spend all that money to increase it by about 5k.
It only held about 20k after they got rid of the hills and I would have thought a refurb would have been enough aswell. But it's being built so may aswell take advantage.

Re: 2018 Record Membership

Posted: Sun 10 Jun, 2018 2:02 pm
by tigerbenji
Tiger Steve, So true mate.