Wests Tigers Discussion
4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Bagging Ivan

Post by 4jtigers » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:23 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 7:13 pm
Despite the trend down in form, we are still infinitely better than every year gone at this point of the year. We are in all but one game, competed for 80 minutes.

Some selections baffle me and probably contribute to losses, but the attitude of the squad alone and their refusal to concede cheap points every game is something of legend for this club.

It still hurts to lose but at least I'm finding that I am often saying that they didn't stop trying.
x2 - so true - "they didn't stop trying"!!!
Old Ways won't Open New Doors – author uknown

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 12:19 pm

We do however need to rediscover the line speed in defense that was the hall mark of our early season victories

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 1:37 pm

i dont think people are bagging ivan as such, but myself iam wondering where he is going regarding signing new players, as we need 2-3 very good forwards, and it appears that other teams are signing any forward that comes on the market, yet we dont seem to be interested in any, and the fact that woods would come with the dogs paying some of his wages, seems crazy that we would not look at him. i know we got mbye, but he should be here now not next season seems all other clubs can get transfers throw but not us. like i say not bagging him just wondering what hes doing to get get us new players.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 1:41 pm

Doc Tiger wrote:
Fri 08 Jun, 2018 9:01 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 9:25 pm
Doc Tiger wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 7:21 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 7:06 pm

I’m not criticising the squad, I think it’s better than a lot of people give it credit for.
I'm not saying you're criticising the squad, but you're criticising the coaches selections and suggesting he made his bed & now he has to lay in it.
The fact is team is average and his team selections are restricted. Our average team is in the middle of the ladder. Seems ok. We've all said for years that we just want to be competetive. We are now. Next step is to be a threat. I'm sure we're heading in that direction. It's not an over night thing though.
Don’t mind GNR he just really misses JT and can’t handle that we have already won more games than last year and that defensively we are the best we have been in a long time despite the ex coach never being able to improve it.
Don't be stupid. Nobody misses JT. At the time, those that wanted him to stay were predominantly sick of the players running the show and wanted a contract to stay a contract. We were the laughing stock not because of JT. But rather due to those further up the food chain. GNR I think, is genuine in his criticism of the coach in terms of holding him to account, but off the mark in so far as the coach has had a very small pond in which to pick his fish to date.
Cheers Doc. Im glad you understand at least where im coming from even if you don't agree. I don't think my criticisms of Cleary (if you can even call them that) have ever been anything but constructive. Neither have anyone elses. He's by far been the least criticised coach since Sheens. Deservedly so. Which makes this thread a bit hard to understand.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 6:15 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Fri 08 Jun, 2018 8:49 am
You know its not about wanting it to happen immediately. I really think its simply because most people see we are very close. Just need a couple more pieces to the puzzle and we are all over the top 8.

Most people are excited is all.
We are nowhere near a team that’s going to consistently compete for premierships. Yes we are at best fringe top 8, which is a long way away.