About time many of you got a life.

Wests Tigers Discussion
Tigers17

About time many of you got a life.

Post by Tigers17 » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:55 pm

My devotion to the West Tigers is as strong as any contributor on this forum.

I follow a policy of not Bagging the Coach Ivan Cleary. His record speaks for itself, he has done exactly the same job as required by the Tigers at the Warriors and Penrith.
If his many detractors on this forum should actually listen and digest to what he has said time and time again, "The rebuilding of this club is in its INFANCY.
Nobody can argue he has turned our defence around, he has turned us into a side that competes until the final whistle EVERYWEEK.

I don't bag the CEO, Justin Pascoe who inherited a club in a diabolical state. Under his leadership record membership, record sponsorship. Front office in the best shape its been for well over a decade.

I don't bag the players who play in one of the hardest physical sports on the planet, and at this time of the season many are carrying niggling injuries week in week out. To be able to play and sustain an NRL career takes a lot of ability, toughness and a lot of guts, and some backbone, something that's sadly lacking in a great many posters on this forum.

Some of the criticisms levelled at both Ivan and the team are just INFANTILE. (Adjective-characteristics of or befitting an infant, childish).

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:01 pm

As predictable as the sun coming up tommorow the MEDIOCRITY thread!

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:01 pm

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:03 pm

So nobody can have an opinion that’s different to yours. Great post Champ

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:03 pm

Much easier for most to sit on the couch and be critical. I for for one am very proud of the team's effort throughout this year.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:05 pm

I enjoyed 70 minutes of the game

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:06 pm

True we need to be patient with Lolohea we may need him to kick one from the sideline.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:10 pm

Fact is we are a few players short, missing some class and strike power.

There’s a couple of guys who are stop gaps, hopefully we can recruit well in coming months and improve.

Tigers17

Post by Tigers17 » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:10 pm

tiga4eva wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:03 pm
Different Opinion, couldn't care less.
What irks me is the constant whinging.
Learn to take the good with the bad.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:15 pm

helmesy wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:10 pm
Fact is we are a few players short, missing some class and strike power.

There’s a couple of guys who are stop gaps, hopefully we can recruit well in coming months and improve.
I am sure that Wests tigers supporters are hoping that the club sign Mbye, a capable back up hooker and fast defensive centre before June 30. to say the team needs them for the rest of the season is an understatement. The club certainly has the money to do this. Everybody needs to forget about Nathan Cleary for the immediate (2019) future.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:17 pm

Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:10 pm
tiga4eva wrote:
Different Opinion, couldn't care less.
What irks me is the constant whinging.
Learn to take the good with the bad.
When we're good we’re bad ..
When we’re bad we’re woeful .
What don’t you understand?
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:17 pm

Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:55 pm

I follow a policy of not Bagging the Coach Ivan Cleary. His record speaks for itself, he has done exactly the same job as required by the Tigers at the Warriors and Penrith.
If his many detractors on this forum should actually listen and digest to what he has said time and time again, "The rebuilding of this club is in its INFANCY.
Nobody can argue he has turned our defence around, he has turned us into a side that competes until the final whistle EVERYWEEK.

I don't bag the CEO, Justin Pascoe who inherited a club in a diabolical state. Under his leadership record membership, record sponsorship. Front office in the best shape its been for well over a decade.

I don't bag the players who play in one of the hardest physical sports on the planet, and at this time of the season many are carrying niggling injuries week in week out. To be able to play and sustain an NRL career takes a lot of ability, toughness and a lot of guts, and some backbone, something that's sadly lacking in a great many posters on this forum.

Some of the criticisms levelled at both Ivan and the team are just INFANTILE. (Adjective-characteristics of or befitting an infant, childish).
Can you please explain the record that Ivan has that speaks for itself?
11 seasons coaching for 5 finals appearances
1 grand final appearance for zero wins
284 games coached 134 wins, 147 losses & 3 draws (47.2% wins).

He is not the messiah.

fibrodreaming

Post by fibrodreaming » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:18 pm

tiga4eva wrote:
Don't think he said (or implied) that.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:20 pm

Tigers17 wrote:

Hear, hear
Go Tigers :sign:

Tigers17

Post by Tigers17 » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:21 pm

Harvey wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:17 pm
Tigers17 wrote:

He is not the messiah.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:24 pm

Don’t think I can remember a season when the forum has been this devisive. That’s taking into account all the years of Wests v Balmain, JT vs Farah etc. People now put individual players above the team and support them no matter what which creates ridiculous arguments. The forum has lost its mind.

Tigers17

Post by Tigers17 » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:26 pm

Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:21 pm
Harvey wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:17 pm
Tigers17 wrote:

He is not the messiah.
1- Rebuilt and took the Warriors to a Grand Final in 2011.
2-Started the rebuild a Penrith, had the guts to make the hard decisions, e.g. get rid of Michael Jennings, Luke Lewis both beneficiaries of extremely poor cap management.
3-Taught the Tigers how to tackle.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 5:28 pm

You want others to "get a life" yet you log on and read comments that annoy you?

Maybe you need to learn to take the good with the bad