hammertime wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 12:50 pm
willow wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 12:35 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:19 am
Tigerdon wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 8:09 am
Sounds more like their CEO is just trying to get a better deal. As are the WSW.
Yep... Holding out.
They'd cop some real severe backlash if they didn't play there at a all next year... Would be a PR nightmare for them
Yeah I think they're taking the attitude that the stadium was basically built for them, and if the developer wants them to play there, then they have to pay top dollar for it to happen. I'd be interested to know what sort of deal the Tigers negotiated in comparison to what has been offered to the eels.
Parramatta will be the ones who end up looking silly here. The stadium can really set the terms. Since the same mob look after ANZ, that limits their alternate options.

The Tigers would have been hamstrung by the deal that was already in place with the parent company. I don't think the commercial terms would have changed much.
Depends whether the terms set out explicitly said other venues owned by the parent had to be considered.

I would think that if the ANZ owners/leaseholders are being compensated for the downtime of ANZ (which I swear I read was the case but happy to be corrected if otherwise,) that Wests would be free to look elsewhere until the redevelopment of ANZ was complete? Can't be compensated and then still maintain your agreements, that stinks of double dipping.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 2:52 pm

willow wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 12:35 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:19 am
Tigerdon wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 8:09 am
Sounds more like their CEO is just trying to get a better deal. As are the WSW.
Yep... Holding out.
They'd cop some real severe backlash if they didn't play there at a all next year... Would be a PR nightmare for them
Yeah I think they're taking the attitude that the stadium was basically built for them, and if the developer wants them to play there, then they have to pay top dollar for it to happen. I'd be interested to know what sort of deal the Tigers negotiated in comparison to what has been offered to the eels.
As I said in another thread, WSS is owned and run by the NSW govt, it’s not owned by the Eels. They could end up looking very silly if all the slots available are taken up by other clubs.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 3:07 pm

It'd be hilarious if they came away empty handed, their fans would be ropable given it's on the leagues club doorstep.

I don't think it will happen somehow.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 7:48 pm

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian remains confident a deal will be struck between Parramatta and the operators of the Western Sydney Stadium for the NRL club to play at the new venue next year.

The Eels revealed on Tuesday they were yet to reach an agreement with VenuesLive for use of the $300 million stadium, labelling a current offer “unacceptable” just a week before the NRL’s draw is released.

Each of Parramatta’s home games will be marked as venue TBC although the club was expected to open the 30,000-seat stadium in April.

Ms Berejiklian said she believed an agreement would be completed on time.

“We appreciate there’s always those nitty gritty negotiations, and we’re confident as a government we will get to a resolution,” she said.

“We expect all parties to be robust in the way they manage interactions with each other but we also expect a very good resolution for the people of NSW.”

Parramatta’s stadium deal shapes as a crucial component of the club’s future, with the contract understood to be for 15 years with an option in the Eels’ favour for another decade beyond that.

The Eels are already unhappy with their previous deal at ANZ Stadium, which is also managed by VenuesLive.

The deal was signed by previous club management, and the current regime claim it has contributed to their annual losses.

Parramatta engaged a consultancy group who told the club they were far worse off under the offer than a number of other sporting clubs at different stadiums across Australia.

“It’s still our objective to play there, we just have to make sure it’s on the right terms,” Eels chief executive Bernie Gurr told AAP on Tuesday.

“It’s all dependent on us getting what we believe is a fair and reasonable deal.

“We need to make sure we get those reasonable outcomes so we can invest in our football program, our junior footy program and our community initiatives.”

The stadium’s other anticipated major tenant, A-League club Western Sydney Wanderers, did not want to be drawn into the matter on Wednesday and refused to comment when contacted.

It is understood a deal is also yet to be struck the Wanderers, although they are not expected to play at the venue until next summer.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... AlJbhvL7qA

mctiger

Post by mctiger » Fri 02 Nov, 2018 10:17 pm

Is anyone going to concord on Sunday to select their WSS tickets? Being in Brisbane I had to make my request by phone last week but haven’t seen any information come through.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 4:29 pm

mctiger wrote:
Fri 02 Nov, 2018 10:17 pm
Is anyone going to concord on Sunday to select their WSS tickets? Being in Brisbane I had to make my request by phone last week but haven’t seen any information come through.
Been to Concord this afternoon to select seats for WSS , had no problem we’ll done by the team ...organised and informative .If how many memberships are any indication this is where the future is ...by the time we got there the whole bottom concourse was gone and we were left with the upper level between half way and 20 and these are reserved seating . :sign:

mctiger

Post by mctiger » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 5:00 pm

Snake wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 4:29 pm
mctiger wrote:
Been to Concord this afternoon to select seats for WSS , had no problem we’ll done by the team ...organised and informative .If how many memberships are any indication this is where the future is ...by the time we got there the whole bottom concourse was gone and we were left with the upper level between half way and 20 and these are reserved seating . :sign:
Thanks for update. I had requested upper level, 40 metre line - similar to what I have at Leichhardt so will see what I get. Being in Brisbane not sure how many games I will make but wanted to be part of it. Thanks again.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 5:07 pm

mctiger wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 5:00 pm
Snake wrote:
mctiger wrote:
Thanks for update. I had requested upper level, 40 metre line - similar to what I have at Leichhardt so will see what I get. Being in Brisbane not sure how many games I will make but wanted to be part of it. Thanks again.
You will have no problem getting those seats ...leading off the aisles are very popular if you do not mind middle of row you will get good seats no problem .

cochise

Post by cochise » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 5:09 pm

Snake wrote:
mctiger wrote:
I attended as well, im between the 40-50 in the lower bowl. I'm a little annoyed how they organised the times for the seat allocation as a lot of the "better" seats were gone before I got there.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 5:45 pm

cochise wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 5:09 pm
Snake wrote:
mctiger wrote:
I attended as well, im between the 40-50 in the lower bowl. I'm a little annoyed how they organised the times for the seat allocation as a lot of the "better" seats were gone before I got there.
That was our only issue the time schedule do not know how they worked that out but our seating is pretty good .

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 5:49 pm

Bottom concourse, row 10 between 50-40 mtrs Can’t complain.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Craegus

Post by Craegus » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 6:05 pm

Got bottom concourse, row 14, sitting about 5 or 6 seats in from the stairs that are on halfway which is basically what I was wanting (at ANZ or SFS have had seats about that far back and between the 40 and halfway wanted the back row of the lower concourse on the aisle, but that was gone).

However, I was lucky that my time was switched from the 12:15pm slot to the 10am one, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten that or anywhere near I think.

cochise

Post by cochise » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 7:51 pm

Snake wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 5:45 pm
cochise wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 5:09 pm
Snake wrote:
mctiger wrote:
That was our only issue the time schedule do not know how they worked that out but our seating is pretty good .
I asked how they decided times and the answer was that they started at the 50 mtr line at ANZ seating allocation and allocated times based off how far from the 50 you were seated.

The issue I have with that is a couple of years ago the club messed up my tix to all grounds and gave my seats away. I fought to get my seats back at Leichhardt and Campbelltown but due to all seats being crap at ANZ accepted the new seats for ANZ. So today I was given a time of 2.30 and the seats I wanted were gone.

cochise

Post by cochise » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 7:53 pm

Craegus wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 6:05 pm
Got bottom concourse, row 14, sitting about 5 or 6 seats in from the stairs that are on halfway which is basically what I was wanting (at ANZ or SFS have had seats about that far back and between the 40 and halfway wanted the back row of the lower concourse on the aisle, but that was gone).

However, I was lucky that my time was switched from the 12:15pm slot to the 10am one, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten that or anywhere near I think.
Can I ask how long you have been a member for?

Craegus

Post by Craegus » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 8:52 pm

cochise wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 7:53 pm
Craegus wrote:

11th season in 2019.

cochise

Post by cochise » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 10:49 pm

Craegus wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 8:52 pm
cochise wrote:
Craegus wrote:

11th season in 2019.
It's my 20th in 2019 and we got 2.30pm. I shouldn't be surprised though as they stuff up my season tickets most years.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 11:13 pm

cochise wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 10:49 pm
Craegus wrote:
cochise wrote:
Craegus wrote:

11th season in 2019.
It's my 20th in 2019 and we got 2.30pm. I shouldn't be surprised though as they stuff up my season tickets most years.
Into our 9th year of WT membership....had ANZ membership was seated adjacent to players tunnel in other words great seats....our WSS time allocation was originally 4pm today, when I questioned why so late, they changed it to 12:15...we got lower concourse row 9 between 40 and 50 enter line...happy...they could’ve done this online,...not everyone can get to concord oval..yeah

cochise

Post by cochise » Mon 05 Nov, 2018 1:37 am

tigerap wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 11:13 pm
cochise wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 10:49 pm
Craegus wrote:
cochise wrote:

11th season in 2019.
Into our 9th year of WT membership....had ANZ membership was seated adjacent to players tunnel in other words great seats....our WSS time allocation was originally 4pm today, when I questioned why so late, they changed it to 12:15...we got lower concourse row 9 between 40 and 50 enter line...happy...they could’ve done this online,...not everyone can get to concord oval..yeah
Yeah I drove in from Penrith to get messed around again. This season just gone they gave my seats away for about the 5th time and at Campbelltown ended up sitting behind a wall that is at the top of the stairs and my 4 year old couldn't see the field. When I complained they stated they couldn't give me my old seats back and actually they were the only 4 they had together in the entire stands so just had to put up with it. My ANZ seats were in ailse 129 which sucks when I have been a member for going on 20 seasons and that led to me having a rubbish allocated time today.