Wests Tigers head to Western Sydney Stadium

Wests Tigers Discussion
gallagher

Re: Wests Tigers head to Western Sydney Stadium

Post by gallagher » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 6:57 pm

It doesn't bother me but Optus stadium has a stand named after Justin Langer when cricket is on there but is called the southern stand when used by other tenants.
Its a pretty simple solution.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 7:25 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sun 09 Dec, 2018 6:57 pm
It doesn't bother me but Optus stadium has a stand named after Justin Langer when cricket is on there but is called the southern stand when used by other tenants.
Its a pretty simple solution.
There ya go

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 7:30 pm

No matter what you call it, It's always going to be mostly seen as a Parramatta Stadium. It's right in the middle of Parramatta with Parra Leagues Club adjoining it.
in Ivan we distrust

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 7:55 pm

Drove past it today. Impressive looking stadium.
It'll always be know as parra stadium to many.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 9:26 pm

Bring on April! The first sporting event at the new #BankwestStadium will see the mighty @TheParraEels take on the @WestsTigers in an Easter Monday clash to remember. #blueandgold

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 10 Dec, 2018 7:43 am

Bought two reserved memberships for WSS this morning, a bit disappointed but not surprised theres no option to select seats.
Usually go GA but decided to upgrade ...anyway transaction summary email still provides no info on seating yet?

Where are most ANZ reserved members seated? Down front I guess

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 10 Dec, 2018 8:57 am

Snake wrote:
Sun 09 Dec, 2018 9:04 am
Well after all the talk of the Stadium being a neutral stadium.... in the Paper this morning the government has lied ...after lobbying by the Parramatta club the new stands will be Thornett and Cronin and probable others as well. If this is the case this is PARRAMATTAS STADIUM and NOT a neutral venue .
I hope that our CEO Mr Pascoe gets on the phone soon to confirm if this is the case ,as the supporters of our club including myself have argued that this stadium is the future our club can build on . We have been lied to and bought seating packages under FALSE pretences as the new stadium is PARRAMATTAS RLFC STADIUM and not a neutral venue a refund should be forthcoming from the club if any supporters want out of the packages that they have bought ....I should of known better !
What is Pascoe email address as I would like to send him one expressing my disappointment.
I thought that they were going to have programmable ribbon signage to rename the stands based on whom was playing there. You'd have to imagine in 20 years from now that the Wanderers will want stands named after their players too.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 10 Dec, 2018 12:14 pm

Not fussed about the names of the stands.

I'm with GNR - argue for neutrality all you want, but the stadium could not be more in the centre of the Parra Eels heartland if they tried, on the exact location of their previous home grounds.

Or I'll put it another way, catch the train to PARRAMATTA station, walk past Westfield PARRAMATTA, past Peter Wynn's Score, take Church St PARRAMATTA and cross the PARRAMATTA river. Hit O'Connell St and look left down to PARRAMATTA RSL or right to PARRAMATTA Leagues Club.

But WSS itself, that's neutral territory.

The minute the other two stadiums are refurbed/rebuilt, I assume Tigers are leaving WSS for the Snakes and the Wanderers.
walk along the PARRAMATTA river

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 10 Dec, 2018 12:34 pm

Yep enemy territory all over it. Nice stadium to play at but home ground - never.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Mon 10 Dec, 2018 12:39 pm

This is SO dumb.

OK stadiums are being rebuilt. I get it, limited spaces to play.

So stuff it and move the games to Balmain or Ctown.

We need a plan to expand our fan base and I think South West Sydney is the way to go for the Tigers. Yes there is Cronulla and St George but they are not real westie teams. Penrith and Parra own the north west and I can't see us squeezing in. We are exactly like the Bulldogs, Groundless and confused. At least they have a strong claim over Bankstown.

I wish we could claim a stadium around Liverpool. Yes no such ground really exists or is League worthy. But you could get all of Ctown travelling up, Prestons, Liverpool and Fairfield in the one area. Till we commit to a territory we are stuffed.

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Mon 10 Dec, 2018 1:28 pm

I know WSS is already a done deal, but since this is surely only temporary whilst Homebush is rebuilt / refitted, why not do all our home games at Campbelltown? What is the state of Campbelltown Stadium these days? Any idea why Campbelltown Stadium wasnt in the running beyond a tokenistic few games?

I have always said WSS can only ever be considered Parra home territory and we will only ever be temporary 'guests' and in no way we can consider it a home ground in atmosphere etc. Heck, even the Parra Leagues is next door, that will sure give a boost to WT coffers after the game. Im in Indonesia now, but have to say I think if I were back in Sydney living in Croydon I woudnt bother going to WSS at Parra I'd just go to Wests Leagues at Ashfield and have a few quiet beers and watch the footy there, At least I'd feel like I was in home territory.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 10 Dec, 2018 5:09 pm

Well...looks like were just sleeping on a mates lounge, yet again

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 10 Dec, 2018 5:25 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 10 Dec, 2018 12:14 pm
Not fussed about the names of the stands.

I'm with GNR - argue for neutrality all you want, but the stadium could not be more in the centre of the Parra Eels heartland if they tried, on the exact location of their previous home grounds.

Or I'll put it another way, catch the train to PARRAMATTA station, walk past Westfield PARRAMATTA, past Peter Wynn's Score, take Church St PARRAMATTA and cross the PARRAMATTA river. Hit O'Connell St and look left down to PARRAMATTA RSL or right to PARRAMATTA Leagues Club.

But WSS itself, that's neutral territory.

The minute the other two stadiums are refurbed/rebuilt, I assume Tigers are leaving WSS for the Snakes and the Wanderers.
walk along the PARRAMATTA river
Worked for West Berlin!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 10 Dec, 2018 6:15 pm

colmcd wrote:
Mon 10 Dec, 2018 12:39 pm
This is SO dumb.

We need a plan to expand our fan base and I think South West Sydney is the way to go for the Tigers. Yes there is Cronulla and St George but they are not real westie teams. Penrith and Parra own the north west and I can't see us squeezing in. We are exactly like the Bulldogs, Groundless and confused. At least they have a strong claim over Bankstown.

I wish we could claim a stadium around Liverpool. Yes no such ground really exists or is League worthy. But you could get all of Ctown travelling up, Prestons, Liverpool and Fairfield in the one area. Till we commit to a territory we are stuffed.
You're beating a deadhorse. The club has had ample time to set themselves up out West, but they don't want to. It's not on their agenda and probably never will be.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Mon 10 Dec, 2018 6:28 pm

What happens if Parra actually sell say 27000 memberships - does that mean there will only be 3000 seats available for the Easter clash.

cochise

Post by cochise » Mon 10 Dec, 2018 6:33 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Mon 10 Dec, 2018 6:28 pm
What happens if Parra actually sell say 27000 memberships - does that mean there will only be 3000 seats available for the Easter clash.
Not impossible considering they have already surpassed 18000! Not sure if they are all ticketed.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 10 Dec, 2018 7:01 pm

Seems the only people happy with the lack of neutrality by the Western Sydney Stadium are those who wanted a Campbelltown facility. Well go figure. . . . .

Im With Snake, it just turned into a pile of trash, they lied to sell it as a neutral venue!
Its an opinion!

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Mon 10 Dec, 2018 7:34 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Dec, 2018 6:15 pm
colmcd wrote:
Mon 10 Dec, 2018 12:39 pm
This is SO dumb.

You're beating a deadhorse. The club has had ample time to set themselves up out West, but they don't want to. It's not on their agenda and probably never will be.
Isn't there a soccer expansion club being touted as possible in the next few weeks at Cambelltown? If they are picked then they will have first pick of the stadium. They will be locally driven so Wests Tigers can kiss any hope we will move there.