Wests Tigers head to Western Sydney Stadium

Wests Tigers Discussion
Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5267
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Wests Tigers head to Western Sydney Stadium

Post by Snake » Thu 13 Dec, 2018 8:12 pm

cochise wrote:
Thu 13 Dec, 2018 7:57 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 13 Dec, 2018 7:45 pm
What am I missing? It seems quite obvious to me that our management and governance see our future in the inner west - hence the COE at Concord. I don’t disagree with the idea that the south west has huge junior development potential but it seems that is not in our plans. Am I wrong?
I think he has a lot to do with the ownership of the club being in the inner west, it makes little sense for the club to move away from where the owners operate.
THe way clubs do business these days you do not require a big junior area as the clubs do dwindle in Sydney clubs will just buy who they need .It is all about survival ATM and I think the club realises where it’s money is generated from this is the cold reality of the Sydney sporting arena and as we all know it is hard to make a profit down Campbelltown way !


bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2958
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 13 Dec, 2018 8:24 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 13 Dec, 2018 6:58 pm
Dunno where the units would go at LO....good luck with the nimbys there...
Also Darcy"do nothing" Byrne.

Furious1
Member
Member
Posts: 1042
Joined: Thu 09 Jun, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Furious1 » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 7:13 am

gallagher wrote:
Thu 13 Dec, 2018 6:13 pm
willow wrote:
Thu 13 Dec, 2018 6:06 pm
gallagher wrote:
Thu 13 Dec, 2018 6:03 pm
With a new soccer team in Campbo would we consider a fulltime move there if CSS gets a rebuild.
It's a no-brainer to me. Of our two historical home grounds, Campbelltown is the one with space to grow if the existing stands are brought down. You could replicate the new stadium at Parramatta easily with easy car/train access available and the leagues club directly behind the ground. If you build it they will come...
The crowds are an issue and apparently the corporates don't like it. They seem committed to the inner west with the COE.
This might ruffle some feathers as i know a few on here think CSS is a great place to watch footy, but personally the place stinks it up. It seems like it has less atmosphere than ANZ and that's really saying something. The club tries hard to generate it with all their "themed" days but then the footy starts and you feel like your at a funeral. To be honest, i think it's just because it feels too far away.

The corporates and fans would be much more willing to go to a stadium with the facilities and design of Bankwest. Campbelltown is a great location for a stadium of this calibre, the trouble is, nobody is prepared to fork out the money for it.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5303
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 8:22 am

Furious1 wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 7:13 am
gallagher wrote:
Thu 13 Dec, 2018 6:13 pm
willow wrote:
Thu 13 Dec, 2018 6:06 pm
gallagher wrote:
Thu 13 Dec, 2018 6:03 pm
With a new soccer team in Campbo would we consider a fulltime move there if CSS gets a rebuild.
It's a no-brainer to me. Of our two historical home grounds, Campbelltown is the one with space to grow if the existing stands are brought down. You could replicate the new stadium at Parramatta easily with easy car/train access available and the leagues club directly behind the ground. If you build it they will come...
The crowds are an issue and apparently the corporates don't like it. They seem committed to the inner west with the COE.
This might ruffle some feathers as i know a few on here think CSS is a great place to watch footy, but personally the place stinks it up. It seems like it has less atmosphere than ANZ and that's really saying something. The club tries hard to generate it with all their "themed" days but then the footy starts and you feel like your at a funeral. To be honest, i think it's just because it feels too far away.

The corporates and fans would be much more willing to go to a stadium with the facilities and design of Bankwest. Campbelltown is a great location for a stadium of this calibre, the trouble is, nobody is prepared to fork out the money for it.
Agree totally with your first paragraph. It is more about corporate dollars than junior teams. You can buy junior players (which we are doing) but you can't buy corporate sponsors.

Balmain and Wests have both tried moving west at different times (both failed) - you don't put your hand in the fire twice.
I think both learned their lesson which has been passed onto Wests Tigers. The roots of the Wests Tigers are from the Inner West and I think they will stay as close to that as possible. i.e. WSS. ANZ, L.O. and Concord.

Where, when and how something will happen is in the lap of the "Board"!

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3871
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 8:38 am

Russell wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 8:22 am
Furious1 wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 7:13 am
gallagher wrote:
Thu 13 Dec, 2018 6:13 pm
willow wrote:
Thu 13 Dec, 2018 6:06 pm


It's a no-brainer to me. Of our two historical home grounds, Campbelltown is the one with space to grow if the existing stands are brought down. You could replicate the new stadium at Parramatta easily with easy car/train access available and the leagues club directly behind the ground. If you build it they will come...
The crowds are an issue and apparently the corporates don't like it. They seem committed to the inner west with the COE.
This might ruffle some feathers as i know a few on here think CSS is a great place to watch footy, but personally the place stinks it up. It seems like it has less atmosphere than ANZ and that's really saying something. The club tries hard to generate it with all their "themed" days but then the footy starts and you feel like your at a funeral. To be honest, i think it's just because it feels too far away.

The corporates and fans would be much more willing to go to a stadium with the facilities and design of Bankwest. Campbelltown is a great location for a stadium of this calibre, the trouble is, nobody is prepared to fork out the money for it.
Agree totally with your first paragraph. It is more about corporate dollars than junior teams. You can buy junior players (which we are doing) but you can't buy corporate sponsors.

Balmain and Wests have both tried moving west at different times (both failed) - you don't put your hand in the fire twice.
I think both learned their lesson which has been passed onto Wests Tigers. The roots of the Wests Tigers are from the Inner West and I think they will stay as close to that as possible. i.e. WSS. ANZ, L.O. and Concord.

Where, when and how something will happen is in the lap of the "Board"!
Will be interesting to see how the A-league team that immerses itself in the area, engages with the community and offers progression for juniors goes.

If it fails miserably, you will be proven right.

If it succeeds and attracts crowds, that reflects pretty badly on the tigers


User avatar
Dan Blanco
Member
Member
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 7:31 am

Post by Dan Blanco » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 8:39 am

New stadium in Campbelltown?

"Not, as some existing A-League clubs fear, merely prompt Melbourne Victory fans from the west join their new local franchise and Western Sydney Wanderers supporters to swap red and black for the (presumably) big green kit of Macarthur South-West Sydney at Campbelltown Sports Stadium"

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-12- ... fmredir=sm

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5303
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 8:55 am

Harvey wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 8:38 am
Russell wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 8:22 am
Furious1 wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 7:13 am
gallagher wrote:
Thu 13 Dec, 2018 6:13 pm

The crowds are an issue and apparently the corporates don't like it. They seem committed to the inner west with the COE.
This might ruffle some feathers as i know a few on here think CSS is a great place to watch footy, but personally the place stinks it up. It seems like it has less atmosphere than ANZ and that's really saying something. The club tries hard to generate it with all their "themed" days but then the footy starts and you feel like your at a funeral. To be honest, i think it's just because it feels too far away.

The corporates and fans would be much more willing to go to a stadium with the facilities and design of Bankwest. Campbelltown is a great location for a stadium of this calibre, the trouble is, nobody is prepared to fork out the money for it.
Agree totally with your first paragraph. It is more about corporate dollars than junior teams. You can buy junior players (which we are doing) but you can't buy corporate sponsors.

Balmain and Wests have both tried moving west at different times (both failed) - you don't put your hand in the fire twice.
I think both learned their lesson which has been passed onto Wests Tigers. The roots of the Wests Tigers are from the Inner West and I think they will stay as close to that as possible. i.e. WSS. ANZ, L.O. and Concord.

Where, when and how something will happen is in the lap of the "Board"!
Will be interesting to see how the A-league team that immerses itself in the area, engages with the community and offers progression for juniors goes.

If it fails miserably, you will be proven right.

If it succeeds and attracts crowds, that reflects pretty badly on the tigers
Think it is more about the popularity of soccer in the the area Harv. Cause they sure don't support NRL.

colmcd
Member
Member
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm

Post by colmcd » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 9:00 am

Seantice wrote:
Mon 10 Dec, 2018 7:34 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Dec, 2018 6:15 pm
colmcd wrote:
Mon 10 Dec, 2018 12:39 pm
This is SO dumb.

OK stadiums are being rebuilt. I get it, limited spaces to play.

So stuff it and move the games to Balmain or Ctown.

We need a plan to expand our fan base and I think South West Sydney is the way to go for the Tigers. Yes there is Cronulla and St George but they are not real westie teams. Penrith and Parra own the north west and I can't see us squeezing in. We are exactly like the Bulldogs, Groundless and confused. At least they have a strong claim over Bankstown.

I wish we could claim a stadium around Liverpool. Yes no such ground really exists or is League worthy. But you could get all of Ctown travelling up, Prestons, Liverpool and Fairfield in the one area. Till we commit to a territory we are stuffed.
You're beating a deadhorse. The club has had ample time to set themselves up out West, but they don't want to. It's not on their agenda and probably never will be.
Isn't there a soccer expansion club being touted as possible in the next few weeks at Cambelltown? If they are picked then they will have first pick of the stadium. They will be locally driven so Wests Tigers can kiss any hope we will move there.
Arrgh. We need a ground and area. Otherwise we will be the Adelaide Tigers, (first articulated group of tigers anywhere).


Or we could put a billboard over parra Stadium "home of the mighty Wests Tigers", "benji, heart of the city".
Ofcourse it's still Parra Stadium, no reason why we can't rub it all in.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5303
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 9:31 am

colmcd wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 9:00 am
Seantice wrote:
Mon 10 Dec, 2018 7:34 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Dec, 2018 6:15 pm
colmcd wrote:
Mon 10 Dec, 2018 12:39 pm
This is SO dumb.

OK stadiums are being rebuilt. I get it, limited spaces to play.

So stuff it and move the games to Balmain or Ctown.

We need a plan to expand our fan base and I think South West Sydney is the way to go for the Tigers. Yes there is Cronulla and St George but they are not real westie teams. Penrith and Parra own the north west and I can't see us squeezing in. We are exactly like the Bulldogs, Groundless and confused. At least they have a strong claim over Bankstown.

I wish we could claim a stadium around Liverpool. Yes no such ground really exists or is League worthy. But you could get all of Ctown travelling up, Prestons, Liverpool and Fairfield in the one area. Till we commit to a territory we are stuffed.
You're beating a deadhorse. The club has had ample time to set themselves up out West, but they don't want to. It's not on their agenda and probably never will be.
Isn't there a soccer expansion club being touted as possible in the next few weeks at Cambelltown? If they are picked then they will have first pick of the stadium. They will be locally driven so Wests Tigers can kiss any hope we will move there.
Arrgh. We need a ground and area. Otherwise we will be the Adelaide Tigers, (first articulated group of tigers anywhere).


Or we could put a billboard over parra Stadium "home of the mighty Wests Tigers", "benji, heart of the city".
Ofcourse it's still Parra Stadium, no reason why we can't rub it all in.
It is only Parramatta Stadium if you let it be.

If we and all other users except call it Bankwest - then it is Bankwest.

If there is no provision for signage to call the stand "West Tigers Memorial stand" or "Laurie Nichols Stand" then make the signs for whatever you are going to call them and put OUR signs over the what is already there..

It is up to Tigers to run buses back to Wests Leagues etc. and up to us as supporters to not give the EELs a cent.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 30061
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 9:40 am

I think you might get in trouble if you cover up signs but go for it Russ..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 23059
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 9:43 am

Russell wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 9:31 am
colmcd wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 9:00 am
Seantice wrote:
Mon 10 Dec, 2018 7:34 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 10 Dec, 2018 6:15 pm

You're beating a deadhorse. The club has had ample time to set themselves up out West, but they don't want to. It's not on their agenda and probably never will be.
Isn't there a soccer expansion club being touted as possible in the next few weeks at Cambelltown? If they are picked then they will have first pick of the stadium. They will be locally driven so Wests Tigers can kiss any hope we will move there.
Arrgh. We need a ground and area. Otherwise we will be the Adelaide Tigers, (first articulated group of tigers anywhere).


Or we could put a billboard over parra Stadium "home of the mighty Wests Tigers", "benji, heart of the city".
Ofcourse it's still Parra Stadium, no reason why we can't rub it all in.
It is only Parramatta Stadium if you let it be.

If we and all other users except call it Bankwest - then it is Bankwest.

If there is no provision for signage to call the stand "West Tigers Memorial stand" or "Laurie Nichols Stand" then make the signs for whatever you are going to call them and put OUR signs over the what is already there..

It is up to Tigers to run buses back to Wests Leagues etc. and up to us as supporters to not give the EELs a cent.
Expect the minor detail of the stadium itself being in the heart of Parramatta, next door to Parramatta Leagues club, on the site of the old Parra stadium. certainly feels like Parra stadium, regardless of what you call it or the stands inside it.

colmcd
Member
Member
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm

Post by colmcd » Mon 17 Dec, 2018 1:42 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 9:43 am
Russell wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 9:31 am
colmcd wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 9:00 am
Seantice wrote:
Mon 10 Dec, 2018 7:34 pm


Isn't there a soccer expansion club being touted as possible in the next few weeks at Cambelltown? If they are picked then they will have first pick of the stadium. They will be locally driven so Wests Tigers can kiss any hope we will move there.
Arrgh. We need a ground and area. Otherwise we will be the Adelaide Tigers, (first articulated group of tigers anywhere).


Or we could put a billboard over parra Stadium "home of the mighty Wests Tigers", "benji, heart of the city".
Ofcourse it's still Parra Stadium, no reason why we can't rub it all in.
It is only Parramatta Stadium if you let it be.

If we and all other users except call it Bankwest - then it is Bankwest.

If there is no provision for signage to call the stand "West Tigers Memorial stand" or "Laurie Nichols Stand" then make the signs for whatever you are going to call them and put OUR signs over the what is already there..

It is up to Tigers to run buses back to Wests Leagues etc. and up to us as supporters to not give the EELs a cent.
Expect the minor detail of the stadium itself being in the heart of Parramatta, next door to Parramatta Leagues club, on the site of the old Parra stadium. certainly feels like Parra stadium, regardless of what you call it or the stands inside it.
It's their heart, but no reason why we can't carve our space out of it.
"Farah, Marshall, Loyal Clubmen" standing where Jarryd Hayne's poster used to be.
Get a Tigers scarf in the Parra trophy cabinet.
Last GF win for Tigers 2005, last win for Parra? I think Sterlo was captain!
Bring back the Parra Jesus because you guys need a miracle now!

Get a real tiger as a mascot and feed it EEL on the field!

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 23059
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 17 Dec, 2018 6:27 pm

Yeah, I’d rather focus on our own areas instead of trying to hone in on another clubs. Who cares about Parramatta. The club and the area.

cochise
Member
Member
Posts: 829
Joined: Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:42 pm

Post by cochise » Mon 17 Dec, 2018 7:52 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 17 Dec, 2018 6:27 pm
Yeah, I’d rather focus on our own areas instead of trying to hone in on another clubs. Who cares about Parramatta. The club and the area.
I'd much prefer to play in a state of the art rectangular Bankwest than the hole that is ANZ.

User avatar
mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1775
Joined: Mon 28 Jun, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: Hornsby

Post by mike » Tue 18 Dec, 2018 11:26 am

cochise wrote:
Mon 17 Dec, 2018 7:52 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 17 Dec, 2018 6:27 pm
Yeah, I’d rather focus on our own areas instead of trying to hone in on another clubs. Who cares about Parramatta. The club and the area.
I'd much prefer to play in a state of the art rectangular Bankwest than the hole that is ANZ.
I’d rather play at a re-vamped rectangular and large capacity Stadium Australia.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

cochise
Member
Member
Posts: 829
Joined: Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:42 pm

Post by cochise » Tue 18 Dec, 2018 1:48 pm

mike wrote:
Tue 18 Dec, 2018 11:26 am
cochise wrote:
Mon 17 Dec, 2018 7:52 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 17 Dec, 2018 6:27 pm
Yeah, I’d rather focus on our own areas instead of trying to hone in on another clubs. Who cares about Parramatta. The club and the area.
I'd much prefer to play in a state of the art rectangular Bankwest than the hole that is ANZ.
I’d rather play at a re-vamped rectangular and large capacity Stadium Australia.
That if a refurbished ANZ even happens, even if it does it will probably still be too big for club football.

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5267
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Tue 18 Dec, 2018 2:38 pm

mike wrote:
Tue 18 Dec, 2018 11:26 am
cochise wrote:
Mon 17 Dec, 2018 7:52 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 17 Dec, 2018 6:27 pm
Yeah, I’d rather focus on our own areas instead of trying to hone in on another clubs. Who cares about Parramatta. The club and the area.
I'd much prefer to play in a state of the art rectangular Bankwest than the hole that is ANZ.
I’d rather play at a re-vamped rectangular and large capacity Stadium Australia.
In the Parramatta LCA ,I thought that was the reason WSS was such a terrible place in Parramatta!

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 30061
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Tue 18 Dec, 2018 2:53 pm

Snake wrote:
Tue 18 Dec, 2018 2:38 pm
mike wrote:
Tue 18 Dec, 2018 11:26 am
cochise wrote:
Mon 17 Dec, 2018 7:52 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 17 Dec, 2018 6:27 pm
Yeah, I’d rather focus on our own areas instead of trying to hone in on another clubs. Who cares about Parramatta. The club and the area.
I'd much prefer to play in a state of the art rectangular Bankwest than the hole that is ANZ.
I’d rather play at a re-vamped rectangular and large capacity Stadium Australia.
In the Parramatta LCA ,I thought that was the reason WSS was such a terrible place in Parramatta!
ANZ doesn't have Cronin and Thornett Stands like Bankwest will..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Post Reply