Fri 12 Oct, 2018 7:04 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 3:35 pm
851 wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 1:37 pm

He tells that many lies, he now actually beleives himself
What lies did he tell,
Anyway I thought that you had no problem with liars,
He denied he knew anything about the Cleary talks, he sacked Griffin, Griffin confirmed that Gus told him Ivan was coming
How do you know when Gus is telling lies?
His lips are moving.

You said it better than Allan Pease. :roll

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 7:38 pm

tiger_one wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 7:33 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 7:24 pm
851 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 3:35 pm

What lies did he tell,
Anyway I thought that you had no problem with liars,
He denied he knew anything about the Cleary talks, he sacked Griffin, Griffin confirmed that Gus told him Ivan was coming
His lips are moving.

My favourite saying at work is "No brains and happy without one"

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 7:59 pm

So, the Panthers have stated that Ciraldo is the coach for next year, but will be replaced, the Bronco's have stated the same for Bennett.......everyone appears to be ok with that, but if Cleary is only here for next year as well, somehow that's a problem and we'll go backwards?

Think it'll all work out well enough if Cleary is here next year and there's confirmation of Bennett for 2020.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 8:16 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 7:38 pm
tiger_one wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 7:33 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 7:24 pm
851 wrote:

His lips are moving.

My favourite saying at work is "No brains and happy without one"
Certainly true about our happy...

Gus also denied telling Griffin Cleary was/is coming...indicating it may of come from their board Ivan's mate...
Wayne Train 2019..

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 8:29 pm

Hooper saying Maguire.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 8:33 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 8:29 pm
Hooper saying Maguire.
If Bennett cant come till 2020 then Maguire has to get the job. Hooper may actually get one right!

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 8:43 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Hooper saying Maguire.
I think both are an upgrade on Cleary but would prefer Bennett. But it will be what will be BUT let’s get it over and done so we can have this resolved.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 8:43 pm

I’d rather Bennett in 2020 than Maguire in 2019.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 9:05 pm

Tigerdave wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 7:59 pm
So, the Panthers have stated that Ciraldo is the coach for next year, but will be replaced, the Bronco's have stated the same for Bennett.......everyone appears to be ok with that, but if Cleary is only here for next year as well, somehow that's a problem and we'll go backwards?

Think it'll all work out well enough if Cleary is here next year and there's confirmation of Bennett for 2020.
The only differences

One coach is amazed he’s coaching First grade
The second wants to see out his contract and build a solid last year and a strong club to leave behind.
While Cleary wants to get out fast, He’s not shown his best side lately especially to the fans that were all for him 3 months ago.

Come out and say something Ivan.
You owe the fans that have followed their team for a lot longer than you have been here, if your going go.
But if your staying than get on with it and good luck.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 9:11 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 6:21 pm
Abraham wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 8:04 am
My 2 cents ...

If we get Bennett we get a coach who is the best the game has seen, has had results everywhere he has coached, and would attract players who otherwise would not see our club as a potential home.

If we get Madge we get a coach who has had success with one club, playing a certain type of footy, that he cannot replicate at the Tigers. The fact he hasn't coached anywhere else since means we don't know if he has been able to update his playbook, and we don't know if he can develop a style of coaching that would work at the Tigers. He is more of a gamble than Bennett.

I know i am in the minority, but i would keep Ivan for another year if it means definitely getting Bennett in 2020. It wouldn't be the first time, or the last time, a coach is signed elsewhere for the next season.

If everything is cleared up and the players know who is coaching and what the plan is, then they can put their heads down and concentrate on playing footy next year.
In your opinion,he’s the best,

hardly any coach has had the players that he’s had to work with.
Yes hes been good but he’s had almost the whole state that’s mad on the game to pick from,
At times he’s had 15 year old kids signed by the dozen to sift through,
Hes had a leagues club that just happened to employ a rather large number of players wives
Over a long time , and funnily enough, they weren’t sighted working in the club very often , if at all.

He’s had The Thoroughbreds to shovel money into the Bennett coffers almost every year.
He’s had two of the best highschools in the game feeding loads of talent into his teams

And he’s had the pick of Qld soo players to work with for much of his time in the game.
His only attempt with a lower quality NRL team , ended with The Knights almost on their knees.

He had a pretty good team this year, but was murdered when it mattered , and was helped bybad Officials calls through out the season ,which gave him a rails ride into the Semis.
No one can deny that with the talent that he’s had , and the help organised by Andrew Gee, at times he should have the record that he’s got!!
He won’t come here , as he’s seen the other side at Newcastle , and won’t risk his reputation before he picks up his last big checque after next year
He also scarpered from the airport after doing a crap job with the Aussie team,
There’s been a lot of good coaches, but none with the same advantages that Bennett’s had
His time at Newcastle was mixed - they went backwards in his first year there finishing 12th but they were only 2 games out of the 8. In 2013 they finished 7th and went with one game of playing in the GF. IN 2014 they slipped back to 12th once again only 2 games out of the 8 but this was when the whole Tinkler world was crashing down. Based on results his time there was probably average but there was a lot of disruption. Something he would have to get used to if he came here.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 9:44 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Hooper saying Maguire.
Hooper would just be throwing red herrings out everywhere to keep his court case out of the news. Seems Daffyd has had one too many Bacardi Breezers and thrown a hissy.........

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 10:17 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 8:43 pm
I’d rather Bennett in 2020 than Maguire in 2019.
Same. The more this goes on the more I feel that’s what will happen too. Interesting to see if we hold Cleary for this year or have a Interum coach for a year. Seems to be talk of Hodgo doing it.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 10:22 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 9:11 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 6:21 pm
Abraham wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 8:04 am
My 2 cents ...

If we get Bennett we get a coach who is the best the game has seen, has had results everywhere he has coached, and would attract players who otherwise would not see our club as a potential home.

If we get Madge we get a coach who has had success with one club, playing a certain type of footy, that he cannot replicate at the Tigers. The fact he hasn't coached anywhere else since means we don't know if he has been able to update his playbook, and we don't know if he can develop a style of coaching that would work at the Tigers. He is more of a gamble than Bennett.

I know i am in the minority, but i would keep Ivan for another year if it means definitely getting Bennett in 2020. It wouldn't be the first time, or the last time, a coach is signed elsewhere for the next season.

If everything is cleared up and the players know who is coaching and what the plan is, then they can put their heads down and concentrate on playing footy next year.
In your opinion,he’s the best,

hardly any coach has had the players that he’s had to work with.
Yes hes been good but he’s had almost the whole state that’s mad on the game to pick from,
At times he’s had 15 year old kids signed by the dozen to sift through,
Hes had a leagues club that just happened to employ a rather large number of players wives
Over a long time , and funnily enough, they weren’t sighted working in the club very often , if at all.

He’s had The Thoroughbreds to shovel money into the Bennett coffers almost every year.
He’s had two of the best highschools in the game feeding loads of talent into his teams

And he’s had the pick of Qld soo players to work with for much of his time in the game.
His only attempt with a lower quality NRL team , ended with The Knights almost on their knees.

He had a pretty good team this year, but was murdered when it mattered , and was helped bybad Officials calls through out the season ,which gave him a rails ride into the Semis.
No one can deny that with the talent that he’s had , and the help organised by Andrew Gee, at times he should have the record that he’s got!!
He won’t come here , as he’s seen the other side at Newcastle , and won’t risk his reputation before he picks up his last big checque after next year
He also scarpered from the airport after doing a crap job with the Aussie team,
There’s been a lot of good coaches, but none with the same advantages that Bennett’s had
His time at Newcastle was mixed - they went backwards in his first year there finishing 12th but they were only 2 games out of the 8. In 2013 they finished 7th and went with one game of playing in the GF. IN 2014 they slipped back to 12th once again only 2 games out of the 8 but this was when the whole Tinkler world was crashing down. Based on results his time there was probably average but there was a lot of disruption. Something he would have to get used to if he came here.
I doubt that There would be too many people in newcastle who would want him back, at any price, his name stinks there.
There’s been a lot of good Coaches over the years, but I’ve never heard of any of them getting the advantages that he’s had, and he’s come back to the field more and more lately
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Fri 12 Oct, 2018 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 10:23 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 9:44 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Hooper saying Maguire.
Hooper would just be throwing red herrings out everywhere to keep his court case out of the news. Seems Daffyd has had one too many Bacardi Breezers and thrown a hissy.........
What court case?
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 10:28 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 10:23 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Hooper saying Maguire.
What court case?
He got trolleyed and was found passed out on the smashed up bonnet of someone else's car. Charged with destroying or damaging property re: the car.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 10:32 pm

Nelson wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 10:28 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Hooper saying Maguire.
What court case?
He got trolleyed and was found passed out on the smashed up bonnet of someone else's car. Charged with destroying or damaging property re: the car.
Strange that this wasn't front page news of the daily telegraph or on fox.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 10:41 pm

Nelson wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 10:28 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Hooper saying Maguire.
What court case?
Thanks!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Post by 851 » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 10:45 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 8:43 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Hooper saying Maguire.
I think both are an upgrade on Cleary but would prefer Bennett. But it will be what will be BUT let’s get it over and done so we can have this resolved.
Agree, the sooner it's sorted the better, but I am not a fan of waiting a year for Bennett, if he won't come now, sign Maguire
Go hard or go home