2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Wests Tigers Discussion
bathursttiger

Re: Tigers set to part ways with Cleary and seal Bennett deal

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 15 Oct, 2018 9:57 pm

helmesy wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 7:51 pm
Question for everyone here - Pascoe comes out in the next day or two and confirms Cleary will be coach in 2019/20, would you buy a membership? Season tickets? How would you respond?
I’ve already got my membership I’m a WT tragic.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 15 Oct, 2018 10:06 pm

I did ask for an Ivan Cleary package, when questioned I told her that you could swap clubs halfway through the season.
It got a good laugh.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Mon 15 Oct, 2018 10:22 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 9:33 pm
vlad wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 9:20 pm
helmesy wrote:
Question for everyone here - Pascoe comes out in the next day or two and confirms Cleary will be coach in 2019/20, would you buy a membership? Season tickets? How would you respond?
Definitely

Just waiting to see the draw
I’m on board (whatever) ..... call me a blind supporter.
I stick no matter what.
Yeah I’m like you. Not happy with this situation but nothing would ever stop my support for this club. Membership all the way. Go the mighty tigers.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Mon 15 Oct, 2018 10:24 pm

formerguest wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 9:48 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 4:15 pm
formerguest wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 2:27 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 12:15 pm

He’s already said that, to the players,
If he had said it even half as conclusively as the words of TT above convey and a few days earlier, little doubt that there would have been a lot less, if any conjecture in the initial weeks post statement.
We have the time to sit around and dissect every syllable that’s said during any of our perceived disasters,
Sometimes other people don’t say the things that we want them too, but no matter what they say, there’d be some here , that will always complain that the announcement/ statement isn’t what they want to hear,
We don’t matter, and Coaches/Clubs/Players, all at some times puts out press releases that mean Bugger All.
And even if their releases are 100% accurate, someone is bound to misunderstand, , or. object to , or simply fail to understand what some of the wording means
They can’t please us all ........
Didn't take more than a few minutes to dissect his press release , yet Cleary took 5 days to sort out the statement that said bugger all, as a short sentence from TT clearly shows. Also, unless Chris Lawrence is a liar, Ivan certainly told him no such thing.
Yeah that’s what got me too. If there was nothing to the story it wouldn’t have taken Cleary the week to come out. Cleary wanted out and tigers played hardball with him. Threats of legal action and then Pascoe himself saying his relationship with Cleary is now strained.

Do tell us more about chris Lawrence. What did you mean?

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Mon 15 Oct, 2018 10:50 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 8:13 pm
coivtny wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 5:36 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 5:19 pm
rex2ce wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 4:53 pm

I suggested pretty much this some time ago but it didn’t get any legs, the only difference is that I’d insist that Cleary did the post match presser, he would be the “ coach” after all
Been mentioned before, youd think thered be a clause or job description in his contract ''head coach -wests tigers -nrl"...we could be in breach of contract
That's possible but I very much doubt it. Clubs wouldn't want to bind their hands that tight and, in any event, there'd be workarounds.
aah yeh rightio then ;)

:|
What is the point of paying someone a lot of money to do nothing?

Seriously, let him go and find a new coach and then back to footy, if we held on to him like a prisoner than we’d be looked at like a penitentiary.

The headlines and media circus would anchor our season and Penrith would sit back and laugh.

Let him go and get on with the future with people that want to get us to a premiership.

Madge

Post by Madge » Mon 15 Oct, 2018 10:57 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 10:24 pm
formerguest wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
formerguest wrote:

If he had said it even half as conclusively as the words of TT above convey and a few days earlier, little doubt that there would have been a lot less, if any conjecture in the initial weeks post statement.
We have the time to sit around and dissect every syllable that’s said during any of our perceived disasters,
Sometimes other people don’t say the things that we want them too, but no matter what they say, there’d be some here , that will always complain that the announcement/ statement isn’t what they want to hear,
We don’t matter, and Coaches/Clubs/Players, all at some times puts out press releases that mean Bugger All.
And even if their releases are 100% accurate, someone is bound to misunderstand, , or. object to , or simply fail to understand what some of the wording means
Didn't take more than a few minutes to dissect his press release , yet Cleary took 5 days to sort out the statement that said bugger all, as a short sentence from TT clearly shows. Also, unless Chris Lawrence is a liar, Ivan certainly told him no such thing.
Yeah that’s what got me too. If there was nothing to the story it wouldn’t have taken Cleary the week to come out. Cleary wanted out and tigers played hardball with him. Threats of legal action and then Pascoe himself saying his relationship with Cleary is now strained.

When did Pascoe say that his relationship with Ivan was strained ?

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 15 Oct, 2018 11:05 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
formerguest wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
formerguest wrote:

Nothing particular with Chris, just his interview late THAT week in August. Recall it as the most real of all media I saw from the club during that period. He spoke of Ivan addressing the squad and understanding Ivan wanting to coach his son etc, but unsure as to Ivan's plans and where the situation was heading.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 1:36 am

Ivan cleary wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 10:57 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
formerguest wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

When did Pascoe say that his relationship with Ivan was strained ?
The very first time that Pascoe spoke about Ivan meeting with Penrith.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 1:44 am

helmesy wrote:
Certainly, it looked ugly, perhaps due to endless speculation :deadhorse:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:11 am

helmesy wrote:
Auto renewed already but yes I support the Club Wests Tigers....individuals will come and go the Club remains...can understand why people wouldn't with all the rubbish that has gone on but to me removing financial support doesn't hurt the individuals that make up the Club I don't have to like them but if you withdraw that support it does hurt the Club Imo...

Plus I'm a sucker i guess... :lol:
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 6:47 am

I canned my auto renewal. Wanted to have a think about it. Always be a red hot Tigers man, but I am not sure I have the energy to commit for a full season especially if we have a coach who wants out and a sqaud of mainly plodders and penioners

Post by 2041 » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 7:25 am

supercoach wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 6:47 am
I canned my auto renewal. Wanted to have a think about it. Always be a red hot Tigers man, but I am not sure I have the energy to commit for a full season especially if we have a coach who wants out and a sqaud of mainly plodders and penioners
Nah, sorry, no you're not. If your support is conditional, you're a fair weather fan.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 7:29 am

2041 wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 7:25 am
supercoach wrote:
Nah, sorry, no you're not. If your support is conditional, you're a fair weather fan.
If someone was going to be a fair weather fan there a handful of other clubs they would already be supporting. No one in their right mind would go through what this club has been through if their heart wasnt in it.
Its an opinion!

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 7:46 am

2041 wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 7:25 am
supercoach wrote:
So without knowing how many games he attends or merchandise he purchases or how he contributes to supporting the club in other ways, you’re happy to label him as a fair weather fan because he didn’t auto renew his membership? I think someone needs to get off their high horse..

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 7:54 am

I think you can call any WestsTigers fans fair weather fans. We haven’t had any fair weather for the best part of a decade.
in Ivan we distrust

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:29 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 10:06 pm
I did ask for an Ivan Cleary package, when questioned I told her that you could swap clubs halfway through the season.
It got a good laugh.
This is fantastic. Should be an official package, with a free coffee at a penrith cafe.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:31 am

bigsiro wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 8:09 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 7:54 pm
I’m apathetic towards Cleary. Wouldn’t affect me.
GNR we might as well continue the discussion here.l being that the other is the poll thread...
I just read this and have trouble with it.
I can’t belive you are apathetic.
No poster here is!

Anyway, being that Hasler is putting his hand up for the manly job, why aren’t we going for Toovey??? That guy is an inspiration. Toughest player I ever saw. A premiership winning coach.
No brainer.
I'm with GNR on this one. I used to get emotionally invested in the Tigers, not these days. The lack of success on the field has probably knocked it out of me. Happy to watch the games whenever I can, but whether we win or lose...meh. Sure it's great when we get a win but I'm never surprised when we lose because we don't have a team full of stars like the chooks or Storm and consistency on the field week to week is something the club has never really had. More important things in life to worry about these days too, so I just put it in perspective - the Tigers are a sports team I like to watch and that's about it.

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:00 am

willow wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:31 am
bigsiro wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 8:09 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 7:54 pm
I’m apathetic towards Cleary. Wouldn’t affect me.
GNR we might as well continue the discussion here.l being that the other is the poll thread...
I just read this and have trouble with it.
I can’t belive you are apathetic.
No poster here is!

Anyway, being that Hasler is putting his hand up for the manly job, why aren’t we going for Toovey??? That guy is an inspiration. Toughest player I ever saw. A premiership winning coach.
No brainer.
I'm with GNR on this one. I used to get emotionally invested in the Tigers, not these days. The lack of success on the field has probably knocked it out of me. Happy to watch the games whenever I can, but whether we win or lose...meh. Sure it's great when we get a win but I'm never surprised when we lose because we don't have a team full of stars like the chooks or Storm and consistency on the field week to week is something the club has never really had. More important things in life to worry about these days too, so I just put it in perspective - the Tigers are a sports team I like to watch and that's about it.