2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Wests Tigers Discussion
Tarl
Member
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue 20 Mar, 2018 1:21 pm

Re: Tigers set to part ways with Cleary and seal Bennett deal

Post by Tarl » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 2:48 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 2:31 pm
bigsiro wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 12:01 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:04 am
bigsiro wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 8:09 pm


GNR we might as well continue the discussion here.l being that the other is the poll thread...
I just read this and have trouble with it.
I can’t belive you are apathetic.
No poster here is!

Anyway, being that Hasler is putting his hand up for the manly job, why aren’t we going for Toovey??? That guy is an inspiration. Toughest player I ever saw. A premiership winning coach.
No brainer.
I think different things affect everyone differently. I still don't understand how people defend the 3 morons who left last year, and i don't know how anyone who calls themselves a WT's fan can support any side they play for, including NSW and Australia. But them leaving the way they did does not affect most supporters to that extent, the way i think it should.

As for Cleary, i just don't care. Maybe its because i didn't fawn over him from day 1 like most others did and now feel betrayed. They will now feel the same way i feel about the above 3. I don't feel the same, but i can understand it.
I get that. Fair enough.
I don't think you needed to be a Cleary fan-boy to be angry with him possibly being at the helm for 2019 while he has done such dodgy, betrayal stuff. We need some bloody integrity. But forget that; if Cleary coaches here in 2019 it means we just have a figurehead who:
(a) has no real ambition here
(b) won't bother playing/rotating/experimenting the roster with real consideration expected of a coach
(c) cannot inspire
(d) cannot recruit
(d) has one eye on recruiting for the Panthers

there are a bunch of other reasons too.
No, it doesn't. Just like it doesn't for Bennett either.
They're all professionals and will do whatever job they have to the best of the ability as long as it's required.
Exactly. Professional people do their jobs and take pride in doing them well. It's strange that some people on here think otherwise. If Cleary is here next year he will coach his best regardless of the forum saying he can't. If he's not, then who cares.

What I want to see is the Wests Tigers on the field playing well and winning!


User avatar
2041
Member
Member
Posts: 1124
Joined: Fri 14 Jan, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by 2041 » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 2:48 pm

supercoach wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 11:13 am
2041 wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 7:25 am
supercoach wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 6:47 am
I canned my auto renewal. Wanted to have a think about it. Always be a red hot Tigers man, but I am not sure I have the energy to commit for a full season especially if we have a coach who wants out and a sqaud of mainly plodders and penioners
Nah, sorry, no you're not. If your support is conditional, you're a fair weather fan.
Sorry mate I have been a paid up member of the WTs since day one and previously a paid up member of Balmain. What Iam saying is in 2019 I might support them on Fox rather than making the hike to Campbelltown, Parra or LO. Fair weather fan....mate you don’t have a clue what your talking about
You have been a devoted fan and now you're contemplating not being one any more. That's fair enough mate, there's no shame in it - you're probably one of the sensible ones. Just call it what it is.

Jay
Member
Member
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon 31 May, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Jay » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 2:48 pm

I think its possible Tedesco may not have achieved as much or developed as much if he stayed at Tigers, hence why he left. I don't have a problem with him. I'm glad Moses left because, well he is crap. The only player I have a problem with on how he left was Woods. It's pretty childish to hate Tedesco so much for what? For leaving to a club which he thought would develop him better and provide more opportunities, was he wrong?

fergiefurr
Member
Member
Posts: 2913
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by fergiefurr » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 2:57 pm

Jay wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 2:48 pm
I think its possible Tedesco may not have achieved as much or developed as much if he stayed at Tigers, hence why he left. I don't have a problem with him. I'm glad Moses left because, well he is crap. The only player I have a problem with on how he left was Woods. It's pretty childish to hate Tedesco so much for what? For leaving to a club which he thought would develop him better and provide more opportunities, was he wrong?
Tedescos 2016 was vastly better then his 2018 IMO

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22652
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:03 pm

Jay wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 2:48 pm
I think its possible Tedesco may not have achieved as much or developed as much if he stayed at Tigers, hence why he left. I don't have a problem with him. I'm glad Moses left because, well he is crap. The only player I have a problem with on how he left was Woods. It's pretty childish to hate Tedesco so much for what? For leaving to a club which he thought would develop him better and provide more opportunities, was he wrong?
By the same token, you can argue IC going back to Penrith would be a much better career move and would give him a much better chance of winning a comp. Will people hate him by taking that into consideration?


User avatar
TheDaBoss
Member
Member
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:43 am
Location: C'Town

Post by TheDaBoss » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:04 pm

fergiefurr wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 2:57 pm
Jay wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 2:48 pm
I think its possible Tedesco may not have achieved as much or developed as much if he stayed at Tigers, hence why he left. I don't have a problem with him. I'm glad Moses left because, well he is crap. The only player I have a problem with on how he left was Woods. It's pretty childish to hate Tedesco so much for what? For leaving to a club which he thought would develop him better and provide more opportunities, was he wrong?
Tedescos 2016 was vastly better then his 2018 IMO
im not to sure, his 2018 form allowed him to win a premiership? but i doubt that means anything to him cause he left us in the dust, it felt good when we won against them in those first few rounds
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4088
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:06 pm

We dont need another tedesco thread...
No more plodders!
:sign:

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22652
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:14 pm

Anyone who thinks my stance on not supporting any team the 3 who left last year is ott, ask yourself this. As much as you now hate Cleary and want the Panthers to crash and burn when he takes over, would you support him if one day in the future he coaches NSW or Australia? You may, but i think you would feel uneasy about it.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29615
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:25 pm

Idk about the rest but I support teams Wests Tigers, NSW and Australia in Rugby League...not individuals in those teams...Australia is filled with flogs and coached by King flog Mal do I like them... not particularly..do I cheer for them in the Green and Gold bloody oath I do...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6391
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:25 pm

fergiefurr wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 2:57 pm
Jay wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 2:48 pm
I think its possible Tedesco may not have achieved as much or developed as much if he stayed at Tigers, hence why he left. I don't have a problem with him. I'm glad Moses left because, well he is crap. The only player I have a problem with on how he left was Woods. It's pretty childish to hate Tedesco so much for what? For leaving to a club which he thought would develop him better and provide more opportunities, was he wrong?
Tedescos 2016 was vastly better then his 2018 IMO
Yeah, right

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5605
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:28 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:03 pm
Jay wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 2:48 pm
I think its possible Tedesco may not have achieved as much or developed as much if he stayed at Tigers, hence why he left. I don't have a problem with him. I'm glad Moses left because, well he is crap. The only player I have a problem with on how he left was Woods. It's pretty childish to hate Tedesco so much for what? For leaving to a club which he thought would develop him better and provide more opportunities, was he wrong?
By the same token, you can argue IC going back to Penrith would be a much better career move and would give him a much better chance of winning a comp. Will people hate him by taking that into consideration?
IC and Moses both wanted out mid contract. Teddy and Woods saw out their contracts so were all good to leave in my books.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22652
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:33 pm

gallagher wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:28 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:03 pm
Jay wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 2:48 pm
I think its possible Tedesco may not have achieved as much or developed as much if he stayed at Tigers, hence why he left. I don't have a problem with him. I'm glad Moses left because, well he is crap. The only player I have a problem with on how he left was Woods. It's pretty childish to hate Tedesco so much for what? For leaving to a club which he thought would develop him better and provide more opportunities, was he wrong?
By the same token, you can argue IC going back to Penrith would be a much better career move and would give him a much better chance of winning a comp. Will people hate him by taking that into consideration?
IC and Moses both wanted out mid contract. Teddy and Woods saw out their contracts so were all good to leave in my books.
So then it would be all good if IC signed with the Panthers from 2021, and honoured his contract here till then? No chance.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6391
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:34 pm

Needaname wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 1:05 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 12:00 pm
I've got no problem with paying Bennett a million bucks. We've got plenty of cash and he's a highly reputable and successful coach who'll bring some swagger with him!
Neither do I.
I wonder why everyone in the media with an opinion seems to think we can’t afford it???
Probably because we buy so many ordinary players and so few top rated ones,
We have crappy facilities
And our admin is so ineffective , up to now at least(and the jury’s still on this lot that we’ve got now).

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5605
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:39 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:33 pm
gallagher wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:28 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:03 pm
Jay wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 2:48 pm
I think its possible Tedesco may not have achieved as much or developed as much if he stayed at Tigers, hence why he left. I don't have a problem with him. I'm glad Moses left because, well he is crap. The only player I have a problem with on how he left was Woods. It's pretty childish to hate Tedesco so much for what? For leaving to a club which he thought would develop him better and provide more opportunities, was he wrong?
By the same token, you can argue IC going back to Penrith would be a much better career move and would give him a much better chance of winning a comp. Will people hate him by taking that into consideration?
IC and Moses both wanted out mid contract. Teddy and Woods saw out their contracts so were all good to leave in my books.
So then it would be all good if IC signed with the Panthers from 2021, and honoured his contract here till then? No chance.
No good for us, no. But he wants out now, and it looks like we are upgrading so I couldn't care less.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22652
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:44 pm

gallagher wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:39 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:33 pm
gallagher wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:28 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:03 pm

By the same token, you can argue IC going back to Penrith would be a much better career move and would give him a much better chance of winning a comp. Will people hate him by taking that into consideration?
IC and Moses both wanted out mid contract. Teddy and Woods saw out their contracts so were all good to leave in my books.
So then it would be all good if IC signed with the Panthers from 2021, and honoured his contract here till then? No chance.
No good for us, no. But he wants out now, and it looks like we are upgrading so I couldn't care less.
It may be no good, but he'd still be honouring his contract, the same way the other 2 did. Wouldn't mean the hate for him would be anymore justified.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5605
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:58 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:44 pm
gallagher wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:39 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:33 pm
gallagher wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 3:28 pm

IC and Moses both wanted out mid contract. Teddy and Woods saw out their contracts so were all good to leave in my books.
So then it would be all good if IC signed with the Panthers from 2021, and honoured his contract here till then? No chance.
No good for us, no. But he wants out now, and it looks like we are upgrading so I couldn't care less.
It may be no good, but he'd still be honouring his contract, the same way the other 2 did. Wouldn't mean the hate for him would be anymore justified.
I dont hate any of them. Slimey fart is another matter.

THE POM
Member
Member
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue 09 Feb, 2010 10:41 pm

Post by THE POM » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 4:03 pm

Michael Maguire is in the box seat for 2019 only thing that will change that is if In the next 24-36hrs Bennett changed his mind & quits Brisbane.
Also Luke Brooks will re-sign for a further 3 years.

User avatar
palms
Member
Member
Posts: 475
Joined: Mon 20 Jul, 2009 2:09 pm
Location: Mooloolaba, QLD

Post by palms » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 4:05 pm

Madge to the Tigers for 4yrs

Post Reply