2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Wests Tigers Discussion
Nelson

Re: Tigers set to part ways with Cleary and seal Bennett deal

Post by Nelson » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:51 pm

This debate about the phrase is dumb. You should all stop it.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:52 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:46 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:41 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:35 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:28 pm

It was a throwaway line. There was no deeper meaning behind it
Yes there was a mantra behind and yes it has deep meaning. He used it to the guys who ended up leaving the club. Forcing them to make a decision and let us know. They were either coming on this journey with him or they weren’t. He also talked about long term commitment from his players to what he was building. The man has no integrity and neither do some on here who follow people around like a bad smell lol lol lol.

Thanks for back up TIgerpower.

I thought it was pretty common fact. Once again im surprised people want to argue and question things that seem so obvious.

Its not that hard to play nice and get along.
The thing is its not fact, you have trouble with facts as well as mantras..it didnt happen despite you saying it did, you even backflipped and conceded it was the club that ran with it
Ink, this bloke thinks that by ad-nauseum repeating his opinion as 'fact' it will somehow be accepted as such. Oh well, this is a forum after all.
"Quality Stupidity"

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:53 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:48 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:45 pm
Either way, it sucked and was cringeworthy. Glad the bus has crashed and burned.
Yeah just because he was flippant about the phrase doesn't get him off the hook though.
I think it’s splitting hairs to argue his true meaning. The reality is it was a throwaway line, which the club ran with. It was smart at the time, because there was so much uncertainty around who was staying and going, it was great for unity. Unfortunately they decided to shove it down our throats. Once Cleary goes, hopefully the bus goes with him, and we can get back to normal. His whole tenure has been one big circus.
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:53 pm

innsaneink wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Yes there was a mantra behind and yes it has deep meaning. He used it to the guys who ended up leaving the club. Forcing them to make a decision and let us know. They were either coming on this journey with him or they weren’t. He also talked about long term commitment from his players to what he was building. The man has no integrity and neither do some on here who follow people around like a bad smell lol lol lol.

I thought it was pretty common fact. Once again im surprised people want to argue and question things that seem so obvious.

The thing is its not fact, you have trouble with facts as well as mantras..it didnt happen despite you saying it did, you even backflipped and conceded it was the club that ran with it

As i just said its not hard to play nice and get along.

Cultured Bogan just stated "From what I recall it was pretty much a throwaway line by Cleary. However, whatever he felt about the club running off with the bus analogy it was pretty clear he was trying to instill a set of values at this club."

It was pretty clear. most people get this. You on the other hand are just looking for an argument.

Let me put this in a language you may understand.

I wont crack and post something that gets me kicked off this forum.

I wont be another notch on your belt.
Last edited by The Patriot on Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its an opinion!

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:54 pm

innsaneink wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Ink is right, I heard Ivan saying that it was a throwaway line, and didn’t have any extra meaning,

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:56 pm

Well the Board meeting should be just about done .... so hoping we hear something formal soon.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:57 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:54 pm
innsaneink wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:

Ink is right, I heard Ivan saying that it was a throwaway line, and didn’t have any extra meaning,
He said it in an article about halfway through last season. It was smart for the club to run with it, but they took it too far.

mario chalmers

Post by mario chalmers » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:57 pm

Siamtiger wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:34 pm
The Real Issue...

Ivan has made his job Untenable at the tigera.
The tigers Board needs to show some mettle!
Fact
Maguire needs a powerhouse forward pack to play his preferred game plan..
A Bennet option would bring unprecedented marketing Sponsorship and recruitment opportunities.
A suggested option.
Sign Payten as a 1 tear interim coach with a view as Bennets assistant then to take over as head coach after A Bennet tenure of say a 3 year contract.
Decision
The Board must realise Cleary would work behind the scenes to bring some tigers with him to Penrith, every coach does it.
Do we allow this scenerio to unfold or knock it on the head.
The Broncos could feel the same way with Bennet and decide its best to part ways immediately to limit any potential damage.
That is why Ivans days are numbered.
A Decision must be made NOW.
Nov 1 is coming
The talk of Cleary and Pascoe no longer communicating is another very strong reason.
Im proud of the way the players keep out of the situation which is never easy.
There is still some time to pass until November 1. Rushing into a decision may cost the club the chance to get Bennett

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/10/16/bri ... nterviews/

I'd say that the speculation will remain until at least Friday, pending the outcome of Broncos interview process.

Maguire wouldnt say yes to WT until he is out of the running with the Broncos. Equally, Tigers would be crazy to sign anyone to replace Ivan until they know who the Broncos are signing for 2020.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:57 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:56 pm
Well the Board meeting should be just about done .... so hoping we hear something formal soon.
Wouldn’t hold my breath for an announcement tonight.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:59 pm

Wouldn’t be surprised if the 4 clubs, Wests, Broncos, Souths and Penrith are all playing poker, not willing to be the first club to show their hand. Waiting for someone to.

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:00 pm

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:07 pm

The problem was the Clubs media department running with the bus they made it more than what it was...

The culture thing such as be the player your team mates want to play with and star of the team is the team was all Cleary driving his mantra which now looks like a pile of crap ... it's where he lost his integrity ... and that's my opinion
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:11 pm

Seantice wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:00 pm
4 years? Hopefully that is not right. Then again next year he could sign with the broncos to commence in 2023

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:11 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:07 pm
The problem was the Clubs media department running with the bus they made it more than what it was...

The culture thing such as be the player your team mates want to play with and star of the team is the team was all Cleary driving his mantra which now looks like a pile of crap ... it's where he lost his integrity ... and that's my opinion
100% agree. This is why so many of us are so angry - he sold this crap and his actions did not match his talk. He has no integrity and will not be looked upon the same again. He’s taken a big hit.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:15 pm

Geo. wrote:

That was what I was driving at. He was hammering home values to the team, the bus thing was a one off line, didn't mean he flipped on values he was expecting of his team.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:15 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:54 pm
innsaneink wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:

Ivan eloquently said phe phrase in reference to players not wanting to be at the Club it now appears ivan is off the bus.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:18 pm

I am not even angry with Ivan I am just disappointed.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:21 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:15 pm
Geo. wrote:

That was what I was driving at. He was hammering home values to the team, the bus thing was a one off line, didn't mean he flipped on values he was expecting of his team.
You make no sense. He used the phrase against players to speed up contract negotiations.

he is now hiding and dragging out his contract negotiations.

Whole point his behavior goes against everything he has been saying.