Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:31 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:25 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:11 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:07 pm
The problem was the Clubs media department running with the bus they made it more than what it was...

The culture thing such as be the player your team mates want to play with and star of the team is the team was all Cleary driving his mantra which now looks like a pile of crap ... it's where he lost his integrity ... and that's my opinion
100% agree. This is why so many of us are so angry - he sold this crap and his actions did not match his talk. He has no integrity and will not be looked upon the same again. He’s taken a big hit.
And then there are those of us who never got sucked in.
Amazingly insightful post - thanks.

Yeah I got sucked in as you so eloquently put it. I believed he actually wanted to start a rebuild and see it through. And yes, it is very disappointing that this belief was misplaced.

Apart from addressing personal insecurities I’m not sure why you felt the need to highlight the point that you weren’t sucked in
He sucked me in as well Steve. For some sixteen months I thought that I was seeing someone with team and sporting values reasonably mirroring my own, taking charge of my lifelong team's destiny. Extremely disappointed and more, as he directly sold this to us and all associated with the club

vlad

Post by vlad » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 11:51 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:19 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 7:57 pm
willow wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 7:41 pm
I'm on board the 'Wayne Train' if Ivan is off the bus, says Marshall
By Adrian Proszenko
16 October 2018 — 6:00pm

Asked about Cleary leaving after so soon after forging his ‘on the bus’ mantra, Marshall said: “I feel like everyone is making a big deal about that. ‘On the bus’ is not about Ivan, it’s about the club. Everyone is making it about Ivan. He might have said those are words accidentally, but it gave the fans and the players something to be a part of.

What the actual :x :x :x

it wasnt accidentally, it was a mantra he used to inspire the guys who were left.
No it wasnt...he mentioned it in an interview and the media ran with it...im not sure you know what a mantra is?
Madge’s Mantra !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 16 Oct, 2018 11:59 pm

Madge's Hitchhikers

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 7:28 am

avocadoontoast wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:39 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:32 am
avocadoontoast wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:16 am
coivtny wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:05 am
That almost perfectly describes my position. Once I was the most one-eyed vocal Wests magpies supporter you could be. That passion has eroded to a point where I don't watch all WT games but I still follow them. If that makes me a fair weather fan then so be it. They're just words and don't reflect my feelings after nearly 60 years of following football.
Yeah I tend to agree with you here. I watch every game without fail but my level of caring is declining with each season that goes by. Started off the season well but then hit the usual Tigers decline as the season went on. I was there for the last game vs Souths and it was embarrassing.. Unless we get a new coach and some new cattle ASAP 2019 will be more of the same.
It will be more of the same regardless who is coaching. Not sure why its so vital for Cleary to leave in order for us to have good year. Thanks to the wonderful squad he assembled for 2019, not even Bennett could get much out of them if was to come this pre-season.
Oh look I totally agree re: the team, as it stands now you'd have to say it's extremely unlikely we'll make the 8. But, with a new coach i'm hoping that at least we see some improvements by way of motivation, discipline, closing out games etc. Things that I initially thought Cleary brought (based on the start of the season) but the longer the season went it was evident that he didn't.
Cmon, don't write us off for next years 8 now!

Give us at least 5 rounds to solidify that belief. It's going to be Robbie Farah's/Benji Marshall's/Ryan Middleton's best year ever... *sic*

Yes if we loose Cleary, and don't get Wayne or another big name then yes it will be a tough ask to make the 8.
But look at what we had this year!
Us Wests Tigers fans need to pull our heads in. We virtually rebuilt our team from scratch. New coach and so SO many new players. We lost 3 of our "big 4" and with so many new faces were lucky to be coming 9th.

Anyway what's the rush. We were well due for a rebuilding year ;)

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 8:00 am

We came 9th last year and if anything we have improved with the signings of Momirovski and Matterson imo.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 8:01 am

tigerap wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 10:55 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 10:20 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:50 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:49 pm

And what has the Club said about Maguire , to get everyone all excited about.
Just looked , and not a word about him.
The Poms post this afternoon. Said Maguire was the front runner.
That was from article somewhere This morning, just the same source as most things that we’ve read for the last couple of months, a “journo”.
No offence Pom, but unless it comes from someone involved it’s just another rumour
Oh dear......Why
Because we don’t know where the Journos get their info from , even it happened to have some truth in. It.
In last month or so they’ll write anything to the rumours rolling and their columns filled.
Believe it , if and when the club releases it.
Until then, just another rumour.
Untill

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 8:02 am

swag tiger wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 8:00 am
We came 9th last year and if anything we have improved with the signings of Momirovski and Matterson imo.
We outperformed. Question is can we keep up that effort...

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 8:35 am

Our backline depth was thin last year, next year it is threadbare

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 8:47 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 8:01 am
tigerap wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

That was from article somewhere This morning, just the same source as most things that we’ve read for the last couple of months, a “journo”.
No offence Pom, but unless it comes from someone involved it’s just another rumour
Oh dear......Why
Because we don’t know where the Journos get their info from , even it happened to have some truth in. It.
In last month or so they’ll write anything to the rumours rolling and their columns filled.
Untill
Seriously Ivan could be dressed head to toe in Panthers gear, at Penrith, training the team, then drive home to his home in Penrith in a car covered in Panthers decals with the number plate LUVGUS and you’d say ‘oh well nothing from the club yet so it’s just another rumour’.

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:02 am

formerguest wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 11:21 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:31 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:25 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 9:11 pm

100% agree. This is why so many of us are so angry - he sold this crap and his actions did not match his talk. He has no integrity and will not be looked upon the same again. He’s taken a big hit.
And then there are those of us who never got sucked in.
Amazingly insightful post - thanks.

Yeah I got sucked in as you so eloquently put it. I believed he actually wanted to start a rebuild and see it through. And yes, it is very disappointing that this belief was misplaced.

Apart from addressing personal insecurities I’m not sure why you felt the need to highlight the point that you weren’t sucked in
He sucked me in as well Steve. For some sixteen months I thought that I was seeing someone with team and sporting values reasonably mirroring my own, taking charge of my lifelong team's destiny. Extremely disappointed and more, as he directly sold this to us and all associated with the club
X3 - extremely disappointed in the man.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:09 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 10:23 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:49 pm

And what has the Club said about Maguire , to get everyone all excited about.
Just looked , and not a word about him.
There are quotes from Penrith and from Pascoe confirming what most people with common sense can see has happened with Ivan the terrible.
Can you please post or link these quotes from Penrith & Pascoe confirming.... what?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:13 am

We haven't heard anything from Pascoe for quite a while... this should be interesting this confirmation

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:26 am

avocadoontoast wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 8:47 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 8:01 am
tigerap wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Oh dear......Why
Untill
Seriously Ivan could be dressed head to toe in Panthers gear, at Penrith, training the team, then drive home to his home in Penrith in a car covered in Panthers decals with the number plate LUVGUS and you’d say ‘oh well nothing from the club yet so it’s just another rumour’.
Which journo came up with that little scenario, I missed that one!
It sounds like one of their reports .youve gotta stop reading them
Your starting to sound weird :lol:

willow

Post by willow » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:39 am

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:46 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:41 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:35 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:28 pm

It was a throwaway line. There was no deeper meaning behind it
Yes there was a mantra behind and yes it has deep meaning. He used it to the guys who ended up leaving the club. Forcing them to make a decision and let us know. They were either coming on this journey with him or they weren’t. He also talked about long term commitment from his players to what he was building. The man has no integrity and neither do some on here who follow people around like a bad smell lol lol lol.

Thanks for back up TIgerpower.

I thought it was pretty common fact. Once again im surprised people want to argue and question things that seem so obvious.

Its not that hard to play nice and get along.
The thing is its not fact, you have trouble with facts as well as mantras..it didnt happen despite you saying it did, you even backflipped and conceded it was the club that ran with it
Last chance for you two to play nice before mod preview is enabled.

willow

Post by willow » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:54 am

This is the only warning users are going to get in relation to this thread - Discuss the topic like rational adults, stop making snide remarks and baiting each other or this thread closes. I cannot be any more clear on this. Some of the childish crap on here is nothing short of embarrassing.

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 10:03 am

Anybody got the telegraph benji "players have the wheels now" article?

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 10:16 am

willow wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:54 am
This is the only warning users are going to get in relation to this thread - Discuss the topic like rational adults, stop making snide remarks and baiting each other or this thread closes. I cannot be any more clear on this. Some of the childish crap on here is nothing short of embarrassing.
Willow, I agree wholeheartedly with you about the personal infighting here. However, this is an important thread and should not be closed for the sake of those behaving immaturely. You should take action that doesn't affect the majority of forum members, so please sanction them by whatever means you have available but the majority behave like adults and don't deserve to be punished along with the perpetrators.

Post by 851 » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 10:28 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 2:46 pm
851 wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 11:56 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 11:15 am
formerguest wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 9:48 pm

Didn't take more than a few minutes to dissect his press release , yet Cleary took 5 days to sort out the statement that said bugger all, as a short sentence from TT clearly shows. Also, unless Chris Lawrence is a liar, Ivan certainly told him no such thing.
It took ages for 851 to disect and understand one word of Bennett’s statements , let alone the rest,

I’m still not sure that he does :D
Funny bloke not, if you look a little harder you will see he agrees with me about Ivans half baked statement.

Who agrees with you?
lm talking about most of the Statements that have been made during this off season, plus the one we’re you were confused on the meaning of “We.” And “ I”.
Pretty much like you being confused about the word hypocrit.
You say Bennett is not coming here, Bennett will never come here, he wants a big pay day and a premiership. The only time he will come here is as an opposition coach.
I do not recall Bennett ever saying any of those things.
Go hard or go home