851 wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 10:28 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 2:46 pm
851 wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 11:56 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 11:15 am

It took ages for 851 to disect and understand one word of Bennett’s statements , let alone the rest,

I’m still not sure that he does :D
Funny bloke not, if you look a little harder you will see he agrees with me about Ivans half baked statement.

Who agrees with you?
lm talking about most of the Statements that have been made during this off season, plus the one we’re you were confused on the meaning of “We.” And “ I”.
Pretty much like you being confused about the word hypocrit.
You say Bennett is not coming here, Bennett will never come here, he wants a big pay day and a premiership. The only time he will come here is as an opposition coach.
I do not recall Bennett ever saying any of those things.
Relax guys, we’ll know one way or another soon enough.

Plato

Post by Plato » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 10:44 am

Back on topic. If recent reports are true the Broncos are interviewing four prospective coaches of whom Maguire is one. If we end up with Maguire it will only be because he is a Bronco's reject - where is the pride in that? I'd rather take the initiative by telling Ivan he can go now with no settlement either way, conduct our own interviews (probably already happening), make an offer to Maguire or anyone else for that matter, and get out of this mess with respect.

willow

Post by willow » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:07 am

Plato wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 10:44 am
Back on topic. If recent reports are true the Broncos are interviewing four prospective coaches of whom Maguire is one. If we end up with Maguire it will only be because he is a Bronco's reject - where is the pride in that? I'd rather take the initiative by telling Ivan he can go now with no settlement either way, conduct our own interviews (probably already happening), make an offer to Maguire or anyone else for that matter, and get out of this mess with respect.
You have to take each situation on its own merit though. Merely dismissing Maguire as a Bronco's reject is not the right way to look at it. It may very well be the case that he isn't the right fit for the club at the time, yet he may very well be the right fit for Wests Tigers, based on what he brings/can offer - or vice versa. I think we will come out of this situation with a better coach either way - we just need a decision to be made soon so whoever gets the gig can get straight into planning our pre-season and hiring whatever support staff they need.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:16 am

willow wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:07 am
Plato wrote:
You have to take each situation on its own merit though. Merely dismissing Maguire as a Bronco's reject is not the right way to look at it. It may very well be the case that he isn't the right fit for the club at the time, yet he may very well be the right fit for Wests Tigers, based on what he brings/can offer - or vice versa. I think we will come out of this situation with a better coach either way - we just need a decision to be made soon so whoever gets the gig can get straight into planning our pre-season and hiring whatever support staff they need.
We also don't know all the alternatives that the Broncos have to consider. They may be targeting Toovey as first choice for all we know so to write Maquire off as a broncos reject simply because they don't choose him is incorrect.
"Quality Stupidity"

Post by 851 » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:25 am

NT Tiger wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:16 am
willow wrote:
Plato wrote:
We also don't know all the alternatives that the Broncos have to consider. They may be targeting Toovey as first choice for all we know so to write Maquire off as a broncos reject simply because they don't choose him is incorrect.
I agree with you both, the Bronco's may interview say Walters, Deimetrie, Maguire and Hasler, it all might be for show as they have already signed Seibold, or they might want Maguire and we forced their hand, it is a good ploy from us to be targeting Maguire for 2019 if Bennett won't come til 2020.
It basically puts Bennett and the Bronco's on notice, we won't wait, and I am all for that, be glad when it's over though.
Go hard or go home

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:25 am

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:09 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 10:23 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 10:20 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 8:50 pm

The Poms post this afternoon. Said Maguire was the front runner.
That was from article somewhere This morning, just the same source as most things that we’ve read for the last couple of months, a “journo”.
No offence Pom, but unless it comes from someone involved it’s just another rumour
There are quotes from Penrith and from Pascoe confirming what most people with common sense can see has happened with Ivan the terrible.
Can you please post or link these quotes from Penrith & Pascoe confirming.... what?
Did a bit of research just for you and your mate from up the coast.

"We asked if Ivan had an interest in our coaching position and he said 'yes'," Panthers chief executive Brian Fletcher told Fairfax Media.

Here’s another one.

"As we expressed to Ivan this morning, the position of the club - and it's a really strong position - is that the club is going to fight for this. Under no circumstances will we be granting Ivan Cleary a release," Tigers chief executive Justin Pascoe said on Tuesday night.

There’s also the one about Pascoe telling us his relationship with Ivan Cleary is fractured.

So in 3 quotes we have
- penrith admitting they met with Ivan, asked him if he is interested in the job and he said yes.
- Pascoe telling us that he told Cleary he won’t be released
- Pascoe telling us that his relationship with Cleary is fractured.

Lies, lies , lies.... it’s all lies. Nothing to see here but smoke and mirrors.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:27 am

If the baiting doesn't stop immediately I am going to start deleting posts.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:31 am

Ok...so...

If there was a market for Bennett 2019 / Madge 2019 whaddaya reckon the odds would be?
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:45 am

willow wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:54 am
This is the only warning users are going to get in relation to this thread - Discuss the topic like rational adults, stop making snide remarks and baiting each other or this thread closes. I cannot be any more clear on this. Some of the childish crap on here is nothing short of embarrassing.
Agree .... Its getting hard to try and figure out what the main topic is any more.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:48 am

851 wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:25 am
NT Tiger wrote:
willow wrote:
Plato wrote:
I agree with you both, the Bronco's may interview say Walters, Deimetrie, Maguire and Hasler, it all might be for show as they have already signed Seibold, or they might want Maguire and we forced their hand, it is a good ploy from us to be targeting Maguire for 2019 if Bennett won't come til 2020.
It basically puts Bennett and the Bronco's on notice, we won't wait, and I am all for that, be glad when it's over though.
Another thing to consider may that Maguire may actually say he would rather coach us over the Broncos and turn them down.

Either way the club is doing the right thing, they obviously feel that Ivan won't be here for 2019 so are making plans for that and are not going to sit on their hands.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 12:21 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:09 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 10:23 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 10:20 pm

That was from article somewhere This morning, just the same source as most things that we’ve read for the last couple of months, a “journo”.
No offence Pom, but unless it comes from someone involved it’s just another rumour
There are quotes from Penrith and from Pascoe confirming what most people with common sense can see has happened with Ivan the terrible.
Can you please post or link these quotes from Penrith & Pascoe confirming.... what?
Did a bit of research just for you and your mate from up the coast.

"We asked if Ivan had an interest in our coaching position and he said 'yes'," Panthers chief executive Brian Fletcher told Fairfax Media.

Here’s another one.

"As we expressed to Ivan this morning, the position of the club - and it's a really strong position - is that the club is going to fight for this. Under no circumstances will we be granting Ivan Cleary a release," Tigers chief executive Justin Pascoe said on Tuesday night.

There’s also the one about Pascoe telling us his relationship with Ivan Cleary is fractured.

So in 3 quotes we have
- penrith admitting they met with Ivan, asked him if he is interested in the job and he said yes.
- Pascoe telling us that he told Cleary he won’t be released
- Pascoe telling us that his relationship with Cleary is fractured.

Lies, lies , lies.... it’s all lies. Nothing to see here but smoke and mirrors.
Oh I see... I thought you meant this recent article GCT was referring to.
Old news.
My mistake

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 12:34 pm

I doubt we'll hear anything until the international series is complete... Whenever that is.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 12:49 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 12:34 pm
I doubt we'll hear anything until the international series is complete... Whenever that is.
NZ and England playing 3 test series. 1st test is 27th of October and last test is 11th of November
No more plodders!
:sign:

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 12:59 pm

i doubt it will drag that far

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 1:39 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 10:03 am
Anybody got the telegraph benji "players have the wheels now" article?
Benji Marshall says Wests Tigers players have taken ownership of the club culture instilled by outgoing boss Ivan Cleary
Fatima Kdouh, The Daily Telegraph
October 17, 2018 7:00am

WESTS Tigers fans shouldn’t worry if Ivan Cleary hops off the bus because it’s the players who have been driving their new-found culture.

That’s according to veteran playmaker Benji Marshall, who credits Cleary for laying the foundations of the new direction the club is heading, but argues it’s the players who will build on the sense of steeliness and resilience in the side’s defence

“With the leadership group and the group of players we have, I thought the way we handled the tough times this year well and that will keep us in good stead. It’s the same group that’s going to be there next year,” Marshall said at Zambrero’s Plate 4 Plate day initiative.

“So regardless of who the coach is, I feel like our culture, the way we conduct ourselves on and off the field and the way we drive behaviours at training will be the same next year whether that’s with Ivan in charge or not.

“There’s guys like myself, Chris Lawrence, Russell Packer, Josh Reynolds, Elijah Taylor and what we do is act those behaviours at training and off the field and that rubs off on the rest of the team. If we see behaviours that we don’t want to be in our culture then we’ll step in we’ll say that.

“Any good culture I have been a part of has been driven by the players.

“But Ivan definitely set the bar for what that means at our club and that’s why supporters get disappointed.”

Cleary is close to formalising a deal with the Penrith Panthers to take over as head coach from season 2021.

Coaching his son Nathan, who himself has just signed a long-term deal to stay at the foot of the mountains, has been a primary motivating factor for Cleary making the switch.

But Marshall remains adamant Cleary won’t ask for an early release from the final two years of his deal at Concord.

“From knowing Ivan he’s determined to see how his contract. It’s not official that he’s signed at Penrith yet. But if he does, I know he’d want to see his contract out and not leave us hanging,” he said.

“But I don’t know if the club will let that happen. At the moment the players still believe he’s going to be the coach.”

Marshall, who is about to enter his 17th preseason in the NRL, revealed that he played the last month of the competition with a torn right calf.

“I had a drama with it at the beginning of the year and then I did it again against Newcastle (round 21) and I just kept on playing with it for the rest of the year.

But the injury won’t interrupt his preseason and he will return to training as scheduled in mid November.

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 1:40 pm

People who think Ivan is not going need to pull there heads out of the sand.. Even Benji was talking like he is going and they will still keep the mindset they got from him moving forward..
I just hope this is sorted this week so we can have a few weeks off this drama

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 1:44 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 10:03 am
Anybody got the telegraph benji "players have the wheels now" article?
there was also this article :

Campbell-Gillard said one moment he was hearing Ivan Cleary would come, the next he was being told it would be Cameron Ciraldo

Michael Carayannis, The Daily Telegraph
October 16, 2018 6:45pm

PENRITH Panthers prop Reagan Campbell-Gillard says “there are a few boys who want a few answers” surrounding who will coach the side next year.

While Cameron Ciraldo has been backed to continue as the Panthers coach, speculation mounts that Ivan Cleary could make an early exit from the Wests Tigers and link up with Penrith for next season.

Campbell-Gillard said one moment he was hearing Cleary would come, the next he was being told it would be Ciraldo.

He anticipates Ciraldo will remain at least in the short-term.

“I don’t even know what’s going on,” Campbell-Gillard said. “It’s out of our hands. You ask the question but the answer is ‘you’ll find out soon’. Things like this you have to wait. It will happen out of the blue. I think Ciro (Ciraldo) will keep the job and him and Wall (assistant coach Peter Wallace) will work hard as a team.

“We’ll see what happens in the next month or so.”
It is just a matter of when, not if, Cleary will make his coaching return to the Panthers despite having two years remaining on his Tigers deal. Regardless of when Cleary returns, Campbell-Gillard said he was looking forward to reuniting with the coach who handed him his first grade debut in 2015.

“I have a soft spot with Ivan after giving me my first crack,” said Campbell-Gillard, who re-signed until the end of 2024 earlier this year. “I have respect. He is a great person and a great coach. If he comes back, happy days.

“We just have to see what happens. I don’t have a clue. If Ivan comes back, he comes back.

“I always spoke highly of Ivan. He has played the game before so he knows what it’s like. He is a great person off the field and a great coach. Most of us want the decision to be made soon. So we can focus on having a pre-season and giving the premiership a real crack next year.”

Campbell-Gillard pointed to Nathan Cleary’s long-term contract extension last month as a potential insight into who may be coaching the side.

The Kangaroos prop said Penrith were in the midst of their premiership window.

“Halfway through the year we were sitting first,” Campbell-Gillard said. “Then a few bad games and we were fighting to stay in the eight. It drives you to push to get this premiership.

“It’s a hard competition to get. A couple of bad games can bite you. We just have to keep working hard.

“I know we have the team to do it. It’s if we believe in ourselves and working hard each week and not give opportunities to other teams.”

Bee-Em

Post by Bee-Em » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 1:58 pm

851 wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
willow wrote:
Plato wrote:
We all know a year is a long time in league, and anything can happen. The club could sign Bennett on for 2020 and keep Ivan for 2019, and during the season Bennett could be offered big dollars elsewhere, he could get the Bronks to the GF and the Bronks hierarchy could change their minds. Ivan could change his mind. Who knows what could happen in 12 months when contracts are ripped up and thrown in the bin these days.

If Maguire is ready for 2019, then maybe the Tigers should grab him.