innsaneink wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 12:21 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:25 am
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:09 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Tue 16 Oct, 2018 10:23 pm

There are quotes from Penrith and from Pascoe confirming what most people with common sense can see has happened with Ivan the terrible.
Can you please post or link these quotes from Penrith & Pascoe confirming.... what?
Did a bit of research just for you and your mate from up the coast.

"We asked if Ivan had an interest in our coaching position and he said 'yes'," Panthers chief executive Brian Fletcher told Fairfax Media.

Here’s another one.

"As we expressed to Ivan this morning, the position of the club - and it's a really strong position - is that the club is going to fight for this. Under no circumstances will we be granting Ivan Cleary a release," Tigers chief executive Justin Pascoe said on Tuesday night.

There’s also the one about Pascoe telling us his relationship with Ivan Cleary is fractured.

So in 3 quotes we have
- penrith admitting they met with Ivan, asked him if he is interested in the job and he said yes.
- Pascoe telling us that he told Cleary he won’t be released
- Pascoe telling us that his relationship with Cleary is fractured.

Lies, lies , lies.... it’s all lies. Nothing to see here but smoke and mirrors.
Oh I see... I thought you meant this recent article GCT was referring to.
Old news.
My mistake
I said there are quotes confirming what Ivan the terrible has been up to you. You then asked to see the quotes from Pascoe or Penrith. I then posted the quotes from Pascoe and Penrith. So not sure what the mistake is other than this whole thing is not speculation . There are quotes from both parties pretty much telling us what has happened. Good day to you.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 2:06 pm

Just be glad when this whole mess is all over.....some clarity this week be good....

Funny the 2 main candidates face of against each other in a Test series... :crazy
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 2:07 pm

Benji lastest media offering was all about having a dollar each way on the field. He loved uncle Wayne, he loved Cleary and held a lot of respect for Madge. He has it all covered unless there is a real outsider in the frame, and if push came to shove he would probably love them to

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 2:07 pm

I want to hear lesss from Benji.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 2:10 pm

supercoach wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 2:07 pm
Benji lastest media offering was all about having a dollar each way on the field. He loved uncle Wayne, he loved Cleary and held a lot of respect for Madge. He has it all covered unless there is a real outsider in the frame, and if push came to shove he would probably love them to
Benji is a lover not a fighter...i suspect we will hear from Robbie next...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 2:33 pm

hsvjones wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 1:40 pm
People who think Ivan is not going need to pull there heads out of the sand.. Even Benji was talking like he is going and they will still keep the mindset they got from him moving forward..
I just hope this is sorted this week so we can have a few weeks off this drama
I don't think there is anyone that doesn't think he's going at some stage...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 2:34 pm

gallagher wrote:
Likewise

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 2:34 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 2:06 pm
Just be glad when this whole mess is all over.....some clarity this week be good....

Funny the 2 main candidates face of against each other in a Test series... :crazy
Winner gets the tigers job, now that would make it worth watching lol

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 2:40 pm

gallagher wrote:
Same here
No more plodders!
:sign:

Oxygen

Post by Oxygen » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 3:28 pm

From time to time I get some solid mail on the tigers so here it is.
The deal with Penrith regarding Cleary is just about a done deal , he will not be at the Tigers for 2019.
The Tigers playing group want Bennet but the Broncos will not release him unless they get Seibold make no mistake the Broncos want Seibold and will release Bennet on the proviso Seilbold is at the Broncos for 2019.
If this does not happen Madge will be coach of the Tigers for 2019 so either way it will be an upgrade on Cleary and a win for the Tigers.

Bee-Em

Post by Bee-Em » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 3:41 pm

Oxygen wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 3:28 pm
The deal with Penrith regarding Cleary is just about a done deal , he will not be at the Tigers for 2019.
The Tigers playing group want Bennet but the Broncos will not release him unless they get Seibold make no mistake the Broncos want Seibold and will release Bennet on the proviso Seilbold is at the Broncos for 2019.
If this does not happen Madge will be coach of the Tigers for 2019 so either way it will be an upgrade on Cleary and a win for the Tigers.
The Tigers playing group want Bennett?

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 3:46 pm

I don't think there's a playing group that wouldn't want him.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 3:47 pm

Oxygen wrote:
Agree, either way its an upgrade on Cleary.
No more plodders!
:sign:

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 3:50 pm

Oxygen wrote:
How can Broncos get Seibold for 2019 when he is still contracted for Souths? That would mean forcing Souths to find a new coach and suddenly Souths are in the market for 2019, same as Tigers, Manly, Penrith and Broncos.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 3:55 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 3:50 pm
Oxygen wrote:
How can Broncos get Seibold for 2019 when he is still contracted for Souths? That would mean forcing Souths to find a new coach and suddenly Souths are in the market for 2019, same as Tigers, Manly, Penrith and Broncos.
Seibold only has one more year...like Bennett....
This is messy and will get messier.
I hear Des is available....
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Coasttiger

Post by Coasttiger » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 4:04 pm

I can’t see Soufs letting Seibold go.
More likely that we get Madge in 2019 and Bennett to Soufs in a straight swap in 2020.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 4:13 pm

Coasttiger wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 4:04 pm
I can’t see Soufs letting Seibold go.
More likely that we get Madge in 2019 and Bennett to Soufs in a straight swap in 2020.
I believe this is what it will be. Broncos will not let Bennett go without their replacement being sewn up and Bennett won't walk away without his money so they are at an impasse.

Souths also have the money and the cattle to better appeal to Bennett. It is just so much easier for Brisbane, Souths, Bennett and Seibold if it is waited out until 2020. Everyone finishes their current contract and walks into a new job. No Cleary type shenanigans.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Toowoomba Tiger

Post by Toowoomba Tiger » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 4:28 pm

It concerns me, but doesn't surprise that the Tigers have no real leverage. I mean even with Ivan, yes we can refuse a release, but what if he decides to see out his contract with us even though signing on with Penrith for 2021. We can't sack him without a big payout.

Left waiting to see what other clubs do with their coaches, then pick through the left overs.

Have we even talked to Siebold, Walters, Hasler, Toovey, Barrett, etc

I don't think I'll ever forget the day Gould came out and said they wanted Ivan, even though he is contracted to us. Its all looked pretty dire since and I'm in the same boat as others - the passion for the Tigers diminished big time under Taylor, then looked brighter under Cleary, now, well....................................what ever!
previously known as 'The Tooth'