Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:18 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:09 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:06 pm
bigsiro wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 5:22 pm
I'm predicting Madge.
To be honest, his disciplinarian-ness might be exactly what we need.

He is a proven winner and has a fantastic record.
I'd be chuffed with him.
Won a premiership then ran his team into the ground the next year
Players weren’t happy with the over kill, and that , plus Souths performances in 2017 is the reason that he’s still not there (or so I’m told)
Who would your preference be for 2019 GCT?
As long as it’s not Bennett, I don’t really care,
If Ivan wants to leave , I don’t have a problem for that
But I think both Bennett and Maquire both would be using us as a stepping stone untill 2020,
Wouldn’t mind the Assistant Coach from the Broncos to be honest
Fair enough. I'm fine with Maguire or Bennett to be honest. Both are upgrades on Cleary in my opinion.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:23 pm

Yes Jason Demetriou is very highly regarded they were saying on radio this arvo

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:26 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:23 pm
He won't be getting the broncos job according to latest from nine news qld. Madge, Walters and Seibold all in the running still with Walters and Seibold favs.
No more plodders!
:sign:

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:32 pm

WT2K wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:26 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:23 pm
He won't be getting the broncos job according to latest from nine news qld. Madge, Walters and Seibold all in the running still with Walters and Seibold favs.
I am sure Jason Demetriou will be a great coach but we really need an experienced coach after what has happened the last 5+ years..

McGuire or Bennett does not bother me but needs to be for 2019 onwards and NO gap year..

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 10:09 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 6:24 pm
Ivan spent the year using the media to get his wishes.
He did you know....at every opportunity promoted his desire to coach his son...folks we got dudded by Cleary....he always knew and wanted to end up in penriff

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 10:16 pm

tigerap wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 10:09 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
He did you know....at every opportunity promoted his desire to coach his son...folks we got dudded by Cleary....he always knew and wanted to end up in penriff
Earlier in the season when I was fully committed to the bus 🚌 I remember thinking “this father son thing is getting ridiculous.” It seemed over the top. Now we know why
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 10:51 pm

:crazy
tigerap wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 10:09 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Used the spotlight to sell his credentials in retaining his son. Very grubby.

krayola

Post by krayola » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 12:40 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:11 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:04 pm
krayola wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 8:31 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 4:32 pm

Souths could always let Seibold go and sign Madge...
Is Seibold a QLDer? I don’t see why he’d leave Souths otherwise. The money he’s on will get upgraded should he re-sign with Souths. In interviews he has a young family who seem settled in Sydney. It suits us and Brisbane for him to go there but no one else.

And why would Maguire only sign with us for one year? Bad deal for him. All signs point to Maguire on 3 to 4 years. Pretty solid signing if so and far better than the likes of Potter or Taylor.
Yes Seibold is a Qlder , played for Brisbane Wests and was a bit part player at Brisbane Broncos
It’s not a bad deal for him, if it’s right.
If he can lift us up about a couple of spots, his price will increase and he’l be in bigger demand from other clubs.
The only downside if we slide further down we might be his only prospect after that,
Thanks for confirming the QLD connection. Yeah I misread the post, sorry. If you were the club or Maguire you’d want a long-term deal. I think he’d be better for the time he spent out of the game.
One of my sources is Pascoe

yeti

Post by yeti » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 8:49 am

I'm sure Maguire will have improved as a coach. You don't get to where he has in this job without being able to learn and improve. Sometimes a year or two out of the spotlight allows you to reassess your performance and where you need to change.
I hope so anyway.

Madge

Post by Madge » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 9:00 am

yeti wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 8:49 am
I'm sure Maguire will have improved as a coach. You don't get to where he has in this job without being able to learn and improve. Sometimes a year or two out of the spotlight allows you to reassess your performance and where you need to change.
I hope so anyway.
We all saw what happened to Ivan when he did that...

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 9:10 am

Ivan cleary wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 9:00 am
yeti wrote:
I hope so anyway.
We all saw what happened to Ivan when he did that...
He got on the bus, then ran over the club with it after a short stint :|
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 9:15 am

AnnandaleTiger wrote:

Thats true - looking back it seems like it was a very well conceived plan to get both he and his son exactly what they wanted. His son gets a big long term contract with the team he wanted to play with all along and Ivan gets the opportunity to coach his son to a possible premiership. I think the Clearys have played Gus and the tigers and come out winners.

Plato

Post by Plato » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 9:20 am

One thing Madge might be able to bring with him is a couple of big scary Islanders to fill out the side and give us some strength up front. The Kiwis love him, and the Tigers would be like a second home with the ones we have already. Not enough for a Haka but we are getting there....

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 9:21 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:06 pm
bigsiro wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 5:22 pm
I'm predicting Madge.
To be honest, his disciplinarian-ness might be exactly what we need.

He is a proven winner and has a fantastic record.
I'd be chuffed with him.
Won a premiership then ran his team into the ground the next year
Players weren’t happy with the over kill, and that , plus Souths performances in 2017 is the reason that he’s still not there (or so I’m told)

That scenario is what happened according to the players. Has shades of WT and Tim Sheens. Players didn't want Madge and performed accordingly.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 9:42 am

yeti wrote:
I hope so anyway.
Even Madge admitted that he had made mistakes and had learnt from them and moved on.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 11:40 am

Plato wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 9:20 am
One thing Madge might be able to bring with him is a couple of big scary Islanders to fill out the side and give us some strength up front. The Kiwis love him, and the Tigers would be like a second home with the ones we have already. Not enough for a Haka but we are getting there....
Please. If Maguire is signed this is a disaster.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 11:52 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 11:40 am
Plato wrote:
I don't think that's necessarily true at all. Sure he fizzled out towards the end with Souths for a multitude of reasons (of which some were his own) but prior to that he was highly successful. He's fairly young as far as coaches go and would have learned a lot from the decline he experienced at Souths. He's not the best coach going around but he's definitely a step up on Lyin' Ivan.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 11:55 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 11:40 am
Plato wrote:
A tad over the top imo. How is it a disaster? Sinking Boats full of fleeing refugees is a disaster. Maguire signing with us is just something you disagree with. Me, on the other hand, thinks it would be a huge upgrade and would bring discipline to our club. He might also redesign our forward pack - he likes a strong middle game.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.