Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: 2019 Coaching saga -Thread

Post by jadtiger » Fri 02 Nov, 2018 5:42 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 02 Nov, 2018 5:30 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 02 Nov, 2018 3:56 pm
How is a Blocker a heavyweight any other way than on the scales. The club wants nothing to do with him, or any of his old rent a quote mates.
Went to a golf day a fortnight ago today and Tunks and Blocker were the guest speakers. Blocker had NFI about what was happening with the coaching situation at Wests and basically parroted everything that was said in the media. This was after members here who generally post good mail had already given us heads up (at least I'm pretty sure it was.)
I wouldnt expect Blocker to have any idea he has no connection to the club except the fact he played for one of the 2 clubs involved in the JV

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 02 Nov, 2018 6:04 pm

Some people need to understand celebrity.

Yes it doesnt make it right and we are all sick of the same old dinosaurs being quoted but they are being quoted because unfortunately we do not have many high profile former players or guys in the media they can ask.

They ask these guys because they have a profile.

We have been an average club for going on two decades.
Its an opinion!

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 02 Nov, 2018 7:13 pm

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... d85e0a5562

CLEARY’S EXIT HITS PLAYERS HARD

OVERLOOKED in Ivan Cleary’s walkout at the Wests Tigers is the impact it has had on some of the players Cleary coaxed into joining the club, believing in what he was preaching.

Most notably Russell Packer.

Packer refused to speak to Cleary when news first emerged that the coach was potentially leaving for Penrith and, now that the news has been confirmed, any chance to repair the relationship has passed the point of no return.

The players are most upset that they bought what Cleary was selling, in some cases packing up their families to join the club.

That Cleary notified the players by text was also received poorly.

Oh and JT brought a 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Fri 02 Nov, 2018 11:16 pm

I found this meme in my photo library dated 5 May 2017 on the back of Teddy,Moses and Woods gone i guess?.

In hindsight it fits the current situation better.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ienUr4tpnSo8d1Lt9

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Fri 02 Nov, 2018 11:38 pm

Defiant wrote:
Fri 02 Nov, 2018 11:16 pm
I found this meme in my photo library dated 5 May 2017 on the back of Teddy,Moses and Woods gone i guess?.

I like it!

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 7:18 am

Defiant wrote:
Fri 02 Nov, 2018 11:16 pm

I reckon a better one for now would be the whole team standing there scratching their heads because the bus driver absconded with the bus.
"Quality Stupidity"

Wa Mag/Tig

Post by Wa Mag/Tig » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 11:31 pm

I have thought but have never posted my thoughts on the whole Ivan/dog thing. I think gouldly sacked/let the dog have a break coz his son was cracking first grade and Gouldly/Horror didn't want the father/son thing just yet. Wanted no son/father, questions being asked. You are crap but your dad keeps selecting you. He is SOO halfback now and if he doesn't deliver the Gouldly and Dog will surely fall on a sword forged by every soul belonging to a WESTS TIGERS fan. Things always come back to bite you when you make a s*** call in life. I've lived it. I think Ivan, football wise will feel that pain. He and son won't give a crap with that Pay Check. Maybe more fool me hey.

tiger_one

Post by tiger_one » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 11:54 pm

Wa Mag/Tig wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 11:31 pm
I have thought but have never posted my thoughts on the whole Ivan/dog thing. I think gouldly sacked/let the dog have a break coz his son was cracking first grade and Gouldly/Horror didn't want the father/son thing just yet. Wanted no son/father, questions being asked. You are crap but your dad keeps selecting you. He is SOO halfback now and if he doesn't deliver the Gouldly and Dog will surely fall on a sword forged by every soul belonging to a WESTS TIGERS fan. Things always come back to bite you when you make a s*** call in life. I've lived it. I think Ivan, football wise will feel that pain. He and son won't give a crap with that Pay Check. Maybe more fool me hey.
Reminds me of Al Pacino in "The Devil's Advocate" - in reference to GREED!

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 8:04 am

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Fri 02 Nov, 2018 7:13 pm
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... d85e0a5562

CLEARY’S EXIT HITS PLAYERS HARD

OVERLOOKED in Ivan Cleary’s walkout at the Wests Tigers is the impact it has had on some of the players Cleary coaxed into joining the club, believing in what he was preaching.

Most notably Russell Packer.

Packer refused to speak to Cleary when news first emerged that the coach was potentially leaving for Penrith and, now that the news has been confirmed, any chance to repair the relationship has passed the point of no return.

The players are most upset that they bought what Cleary was selling, in some cases packing up their families to join the club.

That Cleary notified the players by text was also received poorly.

Oh and JT brought a 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
Packer and Matulino are not playing for love.
They should be grateful to Cleary for the healthy contracts they got that encouraged them to sign with us, and should now be ready to lift their game under a coach who may demand a bit better from them.