Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:13 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:09 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:28 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:19 pm

So lets talk names.

NT Tiger and GNR4LIFE disagree with what i have said and think Cleary coaching us in 2019 would not cause any issues.

Do you also the think fans are going to be happy with that. No one will have any problem if the losses start piling up?

Do you also think players are going to be happy to play for a guy who is out the door. On the bus boys lol.

See i dont think either of you think it could work, not in the reality and pressure environment of an NRL season.

Yeah on here as opinion it can work just fine. Games arent played on here however.
Spot on Patriot. Cleary remains and we ‘drift!’ No way Pascoe is thinking that way. Cleary is gone - no doubts
Your on the money here Patriot.

majority of fans: every tiger supporter i know is against Cleary being here next year
media: ex players, media in every single newspaper, website..etc.. fairfax, news ltd, fox sports. ALmost every single one of them says that its untenable for Cleary to be here next year.
players: . as if the players who bought into Clearys dream are happy he is deserting them.

Ignore the noise Patriot, these trolls probably agree with you. But they play the man not the ball.

CLeary here next year is a disaster for this club and i have faith that Pascoe and Go will never allow that to happen.

This i know, i can read body language.
Lol lol lol lol

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:19 pm

Willow , time to start handing out detentions

Right , 100 times "Matt Parish will never ,ever ,ever coach the Wests Tigers "

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:24 pm

gallagher wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:11 pm
Can our club motto be "all fart and no poo".

Thats so funny, thats made its way into my rotation.
It's an oldie but a goodie

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:27 pm

The Patriot wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:12 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:26 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:16 pm
Wests Tigers have made a lot of dumb decision in their short and uneventful history but keeping Ivan Cleary on as coach for 2019 will rank up there as the worst of them all.

Management might be peddling that line as some sort of legal view point but reality is that the majority of fans, media, players, other coaches and staff just wont cop it.

Would be an absolute disaster.
majority of fans; Really?
media; Who gives a rats?
players; Name them!
other coaches; Maybe looking for a job, otherwise who cares?
and staff; Name them!
It’s very Trumpian. Naming eveybody, without naming anyone specifically.
So lets talk names.

NT Tiger and GNR4LIFE disagree with what i have said and think Cleary coaching us in 2019 would not cause any issues.

Do you also the think fans are going to be happy with that. No one will have any problem if the losses start piling up?

Do you also think players are going to be happy to play for a guy who is out the door. On the bus boys lol.

See i dont think either of you think it could work, not in the reality and pressure environment of an NRL season.

Yeah on here as opinion it can work just fine. Games arent played on here however.
If we secure Bennett for 2020, I reckon the players will be happy to lump it for 12 months. If Bennett signs, recruitment won’t be a problem

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:58 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:07 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:02 pm
coivtny wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 6:49 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 5:54 pm
Time will tell but for all the "set to sign" and "On the verge of" thus far sweet bugger all has happened. I think you all need to consider that the genuine possibility exists that I Cleary will be our coach in 2019.
Not sure if I'm missing some nuance in your post. Of course it's possible Cleary will be here in 2019, most people on this forum (me included) don't seem to think it's probable he'll be here in 2019. The fact that SFA has happened doesn't preclude the possibility that a lot of things aren't happening at a less than public level. But, as you say, time will tell.
The nuance, if there is one, is that a lot of people are operating under the assumption that Cleary definitely won't be our coach in 2019.
Well if Cleary stays that would be a disaster as mooted by Reynolds and Brooks.
Brooks didn’t say that it would be a disaster.
Not sure what Reynolds said and couldn’t less anyway

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:01 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:58 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
coivtny wrote:

Not sure if I'm missing some nuance in your post. Of course it's possible Cleary will be here in 2019, most people on this forum (me included) don't seem to think it's probable he'll be here in 2019. The fact that SFA has happened doesn't preclude the possibility that a lot of things aren't happening at a less than public level. But, as you say, time will tell.
The nuance, if there is one, is that a lot of people are operating under the assumption that Cleary definitely won't be our coach in 2019.
“It’s a tough one. I think it could be difficult if we knew that a coach is already going two years down the track,” Brooks told NRL Tonight.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:01 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:27 pm
The Patriot wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:12 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:26 pm

majority of fans; Really?
media; Who gives a rats?
players; Name them!
other coaches; Maybe looking for a job, otherwise who cares?
and staff; Name them!
It’s very Trumpian. Naming eveybody, without naming anyone specifically.
So lets talk names.

If we secure Bennett for 2020, I reckon the players will be happy to lump it for 12 months. If Bennett signs, recruitment won’t be a problem
Why would it?

We have 2 spots remaining.
They may be current off contract players (unlikely). A couple of depth players signed from juniors or lower tiers (extremely unlikely) or mid season signings released by another team (extremely likely)

Any recruitment of worth based on player availability would be for start of 2020 anyway.

Doesn’t set us back much behind the pack if we go into this year with our current squad / coach or caretaker. It’s only a year away and that’s when the real comp will start for us.

If we sign Benny as 2020 coach prior to 2019 commencing, whose to say he can’t provide a few tips to our recruitment staff before he gets there?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:02 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:58 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
coivtny wrote:

I can still remember earlier this season when Ivan and Luke both were saying they knew what the situation was

Luke if you have been sitting on this ............... :rant :rant :rant :lol:

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:03 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:27 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:21 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:19 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:

Did they say it would be a disaster? I don't remember that.
Well I m not quoting directly but both said it would be difficult working for a coach who had signed elsewhere
Try quoting directly. What you have said is not what I remember.
Brooks definetly didn’t say that

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:08 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:43 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:10 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:

Well I m not quoting directly but both said it would be difficult working for a coach who had signed elsewhere
Who cares what you remember.
I do! You made a statement, now back it up. What did each player actually say? Or doesn't that fit your generalisation?
He’s right NT ....Drooks did not saythat.,
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:09 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:03 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:

Your right GCT

He definitely said he would hunt down the coaches son and Gus Gould and kick them repeatedly in the goolies

It was headlines in the DT "Brooks hunting Gus's goolies " Buzz Rothfield story

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:10 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:

Thanks GCT. Nor can I find any reference about Reynolds making that comment.
Never mind, who needs facts?
"Quality Stupidity"

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:11 pm

No more plodders!
:sign:

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:18 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:09 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:

Your right GCT

He definitely said he would hunt down the coaches son and Gus Gould and kick them repeatedly in the goolies

It was headlines in the DT "Brooks hunting Gus's goolies " Buzz Rothfield story

Geez, that’s a bit of an over reaction. Isn’t it..? 🤣

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:21 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 6:41 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 6:14 pm
Aaah you old fox steve....too shrewd...you should be selling commodores on parra rd
How do you know I’m not??
Cause no one is good enough to actually sell a 4cyl front wheel drive commodore.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:21 pm

Maybe Cleary can go coach the Broncos for a year so we can have Bennett.

Im sure their fans wiil be happy with that.
Its an opinion!

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:22 pm

WT2K wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:11 pm
It has to be 2019 for Bennett or move on to someone else.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:26 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 5:40 pm
sideline eye wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 12:18 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 11:23 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:37 am
Every day that passes its becoming more and more likely that Ivan will be here in 2019. Maybe that is why the club has stayed silent. There's nothing to say.
I actually don't believe the silence predicts either direction for Ivan.

I would expect that the consistent and widespread media noise about Penrith making an offer to Ivan tells you that's probably true. There's a point where media speculation coalesces and all the outlets start to have roughly the same message, at which time you normally get an exclusive followed by a formal club announcement.

Right now the deal of Ivan to Penrith can only be from 2021 onwards, so if Ivan had accepted and Penrith were happy, the Panthers would have made an announcement already. If Ivan had knocked them back, Penrith probably would have made a statement confirming Ciraldo will be their head coach 2019 - has this happened? (I don't keep up with Panthers press releases).

I therefore believe lack of announcement for Penrith means an offer has been made, but the details aren't finalised because they are dependent on Tigers, and Tigers are working out their conditions of release.

Lack of announcement from Tigers does mean there is nothing to say - but that could mean no change or changes pending finalisation. It's only been a few weeks since the season ended for all the clubs concerned and Broncos announced they were not renewing Bennett, so likely Tigers are considering their options before they make the decision on Ivan. I would suspect that if Ivan was 100% definite to be coach in 2019, Tigers would have released a press statement by now, just ahead of the pre-season. They are clearly in press statement mode given the announcements about roster and development players.

So my personal take is that Penrith have probably made a deal, Tigers are open to negotiations, but it's all hinging on Tigers making a deal with a new coach (something that requires due diligence and time) and Penrith compensating Tigers in some form. Ivan being on holiday suggests his involvement is done, i.e. both clubs already know his position and are working out the details between themselves.

I would not be surprised at all if part of the deal means Tigers make the first announcement, followed rapidly by Penrith announcing the move of Cleary to Penrith for 2019, likely before end of October.
Penrith did announce that their board have approved Cameron Ciraldo as head coach for 2019. It was some weeks ago.
I'm not sure about that (happy to be corrected) I did hear Gus say off the cuff Ciraldo would be instated as coach for next year .. At the time it hadn't occurred
This is what I was going on:

“I don’t see any need to change anything we’ve been doing for the last five or six weeks,” Gould said on the Six Tackles with Gus podcast.

“I’ve been very impressed with Cameron Ciraldo and the academy staff and we threw everything in our academy at the NRL preparation.

“They did an outstanding job, I was really impressed with them.” Ciraldo is contracted for next season after serving as an assistant under Griffin.

On Wednesday it was reported that the club’s board had rubber-stamped his ascension to the top job on a full-time basis. /www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/panthers/came ... 57d408559c