First look at Concord Oval revamp

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2040
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Re: First look at Concord Oval revamp

Post by The Patriot » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:05 pm

WT2K wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 6:38 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 6:14 pm
I love this direction.

What are peoples thoughts however on the Wests Tigers being based at concord and playing all or almost all of our games at the Western Sydney stadium?

it seems to be the direction we may be heading long term.

Saddens me to say it but i think Leichhardt will be the one to go with Campbelltown perhaps getting 3 or 4 per season going forward.
Personally I'd rip the band aid off and just play all our home games from the one stadium wss. With the token 2-3 games being taken to bush areas or part of double headers. That's my two cents worth on the topic.
Thats my preferred option as well WT2K.

I just cant see them abandoning Campbelltown area any time soon. If they did i would lose no sleep but i think it could cause a bit of an issue.
Its an opinion!


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29302
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:45 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:05 pm
So is it a community center, a high performance unit or a center of excellence?

I think in the end it may all be a bit diluted to what some of us were expecting, but hey new facilities are new, as long as OUR equipment is modern, up to date and allowing us to compete with the rest of the NRL.


Did I just say that...sorry got carried away
I think that was always in the plan..multi purpose not just ours ...it's what they put in the shiny building is what's important...hydro pools for recovery etc after all a 50kg dumbell is still a 50kg dumbell..ask happy..

Looks good ...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29302
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:55 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 6:14 pm
I love this direction.

What are peoples thoughts however on the Wests Tigers being based at concord and playing all or almost all of our games at the Western Sydney stadium?

it seems to be the direction we may be heading long term.

Saddens me to say it but i think Leichhardt will be the one to go with Campbelltown perhaps getting 3 or 4 per season going forward.
Yeah good post...i believe managements preference is one home ground with selling off at least two home games to other areas to 'grow the brand'...

The 2 traditional grounds will always receive the same number of games however be that 1 or 2 or 4 etc meaning you won't see say 3 at Campbelltown 1 at Leichhardt or vice versa it will always be an even split...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40746
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:56 pm

mike wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 6:53 pm
WT2K wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 6:38 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 6:14 pm
I love this direction.

What are peoples thoughts however on the Wests Tigers being based at concord and playing all or almost all of our games at the Western Sydney stadium?

it seems to be the direction we may be heading long term.

Saddens me to say it but i think Leichhardt will be the one to go with Campbelltown perhaps getting 3 or 4 per season going forward.
Personally I'd rip the band aid off and just play all our home games from the one stadium wss. With the token 2-3 games being taken to bush areas or part of double headers. That's my two cents worth on the topic.
Nothing wrong with that idea. The only concern would be the perception of abandoning the South West of Sydney. Other codes are already getting a foothold there. How to counteract that would be the question.
Double headers :master:

Finally others are jumping on board

It is the future going forward for games involving the Sydney clubs

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6930
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:59 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:05 pm
So is it a community center, a high performance unit or a center of excellence?

I think in the end it may all be a bit diluted to what some of us were expecting, but hey new facilities are new, as long as OUR equipment is modern, up to date and allowing us to compete with the rest of the NRL.


Did I just say that...sorry got carried away
At the very least it will be an upgrade on what we have now.


User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2040
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 8:23 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:55 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 6:14 pm
I love this direction.

What are peoples thoughts however on the Wests Tigers being based at concord and playing all or almost all of our games at the Western Sydney stadium?

it seems to be the direction we may be heading long term.

Saddens me to say it but i think Leichhardt will be the one to go with Campbelltown perhaps getting 3 or 4 per season going forward.
Yeah good post...i believe managements preference is one home ground with selling off at least two home games to other areas to 'grow the brand'...

The 2 traditional grounds will always receive the same number of games however be that 1 or 2 or 4 etc meaning you won't see say 3 at Campbelltown 1 at Leichhardt or vice versa it will always be an even split...
Is there any promise or statement the club has given to this issue. As someone from the Balmain side of things and speaking with a few of the same we seem more than happy to go to the Western Sydney stadium full time.


Anyone tied to Balmain or Leichhardt will have an easier time than those from Campbelltown. The Campbelltown section would need to be looked after. The club will not want to move base to Concord and Parramatta and give up on the Macarthur. This is why i see us playing a few token games there while playing none at Leichhardt.
Its an opinion!

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29302
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 8:42 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 8:23 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:55 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 6:14 pm
I love this direction.

What are peoples thoughts however on the Wests Tigers being based at concord and playing all or almost all of our games at the Western Sydney stadium?

it seems to be the direction we may be heading long term.

Saddens me to say it but i think Leichhardt will be the one to go with Campbelltown perhaps getting 3 or 4 per season going forward.
Yeah good post...i believe managements preference is one home ground with selling off at least two home games to other areas to 'grow the brand'...

The 2 traditional grounds will always receive the same number of games however be that 1 or 2 or 4 etc meaning you won't see say 3 at Campbelltown 1 at Leichhardt or vice versa it will always be an even split...
Is there any promise or statement the club has given to this issue. As someone from the Balmain side of things and speaking with a few of the same we seem more than happy to go to the Western Sydney stadium full time.


Anyone tied to Balmain or Leichhardt will have an easier time than those from Campbelltown. The Campbelltown section would need to be looked after. The club will not want to move base to Concord and Parramatta and give up on the Macarthur. This is why i see us playing a few token games there while playing none at Leichhardt.
In the original JV Agreement the two home grounds were always to receive the same allocation of games..it has been re written to allow Wests Ashfield to take 75% ownership whether the home ground allocation were altered or changed I'm unsure..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2040
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 8:44 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 8:42 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 8:23 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:55 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 6:14 pm
I love this direction.

What are peoples thoughts however on the Wests Tigers being based at concord and playing all or almost all of our games at the Western Sydney stadium?

it seems to be the direction we may be heading long term.

Saddens me to say it but i think Leichhardt will be the one to go with Campbelltown perhaps getting 3 or 4 per season going forward.
Yeah good post...i believe managements preference is one home ground with selling off at least two home games to other areas to 'grow the brand'...

The 2 traditional grounds will always receive the same number of games however be that 1 or 2 or 4 etc meaning you won't see say 3 at Campbelltown 1 at Leichhardt or vice versa it will always be an even split...

Is there any promise or statement the club has given to this issue. As someone from the Balmain side of things and speaking with a few of the same we seem more than happy to go to the Western Sydney stadium full time.


Anyone tied to Balmain or Leichhardt will have an easier time than those from Campbelltown. The Campbelltown section would need to be looked after. The club will not want to move base to Concord and Parramatta and give up on the Macarthur. This is why i see us playing a few token games there while playing none at Leichhardt.
In the original JV Agreement the two home grounds were always to receive the same allocation of games..it has been re written to allow Wests Ashfield to take 75% ownership whether the home ground allocation were altered or changed I'm unsure..

Hmmm ok well thats something reasonably solid. Would take a board decision and a lot of heat to get around that.
Its an opinion!

User avatar
hammertime
Member
Member
Posts: 2536
Joined: Sat 26 Sep, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Rozelle, NSW

Post by hammertime » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 8:50 pm

Hats off to Pascoe. Hopefully, the $30mil will be topped up with some expanded facilities as there is the additional State Govt grant and I thought a contribution from PCYC (and probably us).

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... ouncement/

This $30 mil was provisioned entirely by Canada Bay (but looks to be funded by State Govt). Could explain our association with WestConnex to help solidify that partnership.

The original pitch was $57 mil so maybe it will get a bit closer to that number.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40746
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 8:54 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:45 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:05 pm
So is it a community center, a high performance unit or a center of excellence?

I think in the end it may all be a bit diluted to what some of us were expecting, but hey new facilities are new, as long as OUR equipment is modern, up to date and allowing us to compete with the rest of the NRL.


Did I just say that...sorry got carried away
I think that was always in the plan..multi purpose not just ours ...it's what they put in the shiny building is what's important...hydro pools for recovery etc after all a 50kg dumbell is still a 50kg dumbell..ask happy..

Looks good ...
No

110 pounds

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed 17 May, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Balmainbred » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 8:55 pm

No Leichhardt stays part of the deal, joint venture if I remember. How things change since 1999

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2635
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Post by diedpretty » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 9:11 pm

The bid by South West Sydney FC to be one of the expansion clubs in the A League could see a major upgrade to Campbelltown. They are a very good chance of winning inclusion and apparently both Libs and Labor are using an upgrade as sweetener for votes. The upgrade would be an under cover 20k seat stadium and COE at the adjacent grounds in conjunction with the University in the area.

https://www.ausleisure.com.au/news/succ ... s-stadium/

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3496
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Post by cktiger » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 9:21 pm

mike wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 6:36 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 6:27 pm
mike wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 6:23 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 6:14 pm
I love this direction.

What are peoples thoughts however on the Wests Tigers being based at concord and playing all or almost all of our games at the Western Sydney stadium?

it seems to be the direction we may be heading long term.

Saddens me to say it but i think Leichhardt will be the one to go with Campbelltown perhaps getting 3 or 4 per season going forward.
I’ll be rejoicing if that happens. Leichhardt lacks the facilities of a modern stadium, basically it’s a cesspool. The sooner it goes the better. Progress will have been made and Wests Tigers will be truely looking to the future.

Can you possibly post on this kind of topic with some respect for both sides of the situation.

Cesspool is rubbish word to use and is only going to start fights.

If you cant keep it classy and measured try not posting
What a yawn. It is a cesspool especially in the wet. No better description for it. I’ve been going their since I was 10 and it basically still the same. Demountable toilets one end and an actual cesspit at the other. It’s time to call it what it is and move on.
Had to laugh when I read this.
First time I ever went to CSS with my son the toilets overflowed out of the doors.
Good introduction to the ground.

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2040
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 9:24 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 9:11 pm
The bid by South West Sydney FC to be one of the expansion clubs in the A League could see a major upgrade to Campbelltown. They are a very good chance of winning inclusion and apparently both Libs and Labor are using an upgrade as sweetener for votes. The upgrade would be an under cover 20k seat stadium and COE at the adjacent grounds in conjunction with the University in the area.

https://www.ausleisure.com.au/news/succ ... s-stadium/
If only they could bump it up to about 28 or 30k then this club might consider it as a full time home.
Its an opinion!

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29199
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 9:40 pm

I thought this was about Concord...well hijacked

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5516
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 9:45 pm

It will be interesting to see what funding if any came from us and what we are getting out if it.
Timeframe aswell, 2022 as suggested by
a poster seems long.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29199
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 9:48 pm

gallagher wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 9:45 pm
It will be interesting to see what funding if any came from us and what we are getting out if it.
Timeframe aswell, 2022 as suggested by
a poster seems long.
Sounds like westConnex has been sweetening Canada Bay council as well as WTs...not really thrilled the club being involved with that mob but beggars cant be choosers

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29302
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 10:04 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 8:54 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:45 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:05 pm
So is it a community center, a high performance unit or a center of excellence?

I think in the end it may all be a bit diluted to what some of us were expecting, but hey new facilities are new, as long as OUR equipment is modern, up to date and allowing us to compete with the rest of the NRL.


Did I just say that...sorry got carried away
I think that was always in the plan..multi purpose not just ours ...it's what they put in the shiny building is what's important...hydro pools for recovery etc after all a 50kg dumbell is still a 50kg dumbell..ask happy..
Looks good ...
No

110 pounds
See can always rely on the dumbell expert..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Post Reply