One Home Ground

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29199
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Re: One Home Ground

Post by innsaneink » Wed 10 Oct, 2018 8:21 pm

Harvey wrote:
Wed 10 Oct, 2018 7:31 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 10 Oct, 2018 5:17 pm
Harvey wrote:
Wed 10 Oct, 2018 4:42 pm
If we are basing ourselves at WSS , we may as well merge with Parramatta.

We will lose our identity, be submerged in the paraphernalia of another club and not be based in one of the city’s major stadiums.

Amenities will be an upgrade on suburban grounds, but with a capacity of 30,000 it will not even hold a blockbuster crowd.

Another short sighted vanity project by the government. Given the massively increasing Sydney population, if you can’t plan for crowds of more than 30k in 5 years time, your club or sport are dying
We will lose our identity, be submerged in the paraphernalia of another club
If reports are accurate the stadium will have a very home feel for each of the tenants
and not be based in one of the city’s major stadiums.
Problem here?
When was the last time we got 30k+ to a game at ANZ?

Give it a chance first
The easter Monday clash the last few years. Sure it was 54k a year or 2 ago. The overflow can watch it at Parra leagues
Yep...thats it....one game , four years ago, easter show, $40 family tickets, day game in great weather, long weekend no work ...the stars aligned, it was a great day, one of a kind really

Since then weve had a couple of 30k attendances with them, a 35k and a 36k...as well as a 14k, 15k and 17k games...get ur tix early my suggestion


Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3950
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 10 Oct, 2018 8:34 pm

If NRL aims to be a national sport... Two teams based out of Parramatta won't cut it Long term.
in Ivan we distrust

User avatar
mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1676
Joined: Mon 28 Jun, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: Hornsby

Post by mike » Wed 10 Oct, 2018 8:45 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Wed 10 Oct, 2018 8:34 pm
If NRL aims to be a national sport... Two teams based out of Parramatta won't cut it Long term.
Sure it will.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3950
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 10 Oct, 2018 8:55 pm

mike wrote:
Wed 10 Oct, 2018 8:45 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Wed 10 Oct, 2018 8:34 pm
If NRL aims to be a national sport... Two teams based out of Parramatta won't cut it Long term.
Sure it will.
Maybe if they go for the conference system....then two teams at Parra may work.
If they want a second Brisbane team, a WA team or any other team that will expand the game ...two teams playing out of Parra in the current model seems risky to me. Great looking ground though.
in Ivan we distrust

Spacecub
Member
Member
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun 23 Apr, 2017 5:30 pm

Post by Spacecub » Wed 10 Oct, 2018 9:40 pm

I'm not 100% sure but having driven past Concord a few times it seems that getting to the ground and parking would be a nightmare we all want one home ground....but where, not sure Concord is the answer....my thoughts redevelopment and training facilities should be at campbelltown
Last edited by Spacecub on Wed 10 Oct, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.


User avatar
mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1676
Joined: Mon 28 Jun, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: Hornsby

Post by mike » Wed 10 Oct, 2018 9:43 pm

Spacecub wrote:
Wed 10 Oct, 2018 9:40 pm
I'm not 100% sure but having driven past Concord a few times it seems that getting to the ground and parking would be a nightmare we all want one home ground....but where, not sure Concord is the answer....my thoughts redevelopment and training facilities should be at cambelltown
Concord is the training facilities and corporate. We would play the games out of the new Western Sydney Stadium.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Spacecub
Member
Member
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun 23 Apr, 2017 5:30 pm

Post by Spacecub » Wed 10 Oct, 2018 9:47 pm

Oh ok thanks Mike for clearing that up....I thought Concord was being considered as a home ground....I wouldn't be keen on parramata

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6279
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 10 Oct, 2018 10:29 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Wed 10 Oct, 2018 4:08 pm
hobbo wrote:
Wed 10 Oct, 2018 3:54 pm
Imo Perth is the way to go !

1. We already have the name
2. The NRL would give us a massive leg up monetary wise
3. We're out of the crap that is Sydney
4. We'll still get to watch them play in Sydney against sides like Souths / Roosters /Parra etc
5. We can enjoy weekends away flying over to Perth with family and friends.
6....and imagine a road trip with happy and Geo !

And imo it’s an attractive place to live...plus players would want to come over to get out of the fish bowl which is Sydney !
I've been saying this for some time. We also get a brand new stadium, one team in a big city adds up to lots of corporate sponsorships. Plus, with the money we would get from the NRL, we could afford to purchase some top line players.

Win Win.

:righton:
Sane here Hobbo,
Whichever team is the first to recognise the potential that is there, will get the benefit, and if the same old thinking prevails here we will have lost the opportunity.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6279
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 10 Oct, 2018 10:33 pm

Does anyone else feel that it’s more than a coincidence that this News comes at a time when we are going around and around and around,
Feed the masses some good news, that’ll keep themquite for a while

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40746
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 12:32 am

magpiecol wrote:
Wed 10 Oct, 2018 4:08 pm
hobbo wrote:
Wed 10 Oct, 2018 3:54 pm
Imo Perth is the way to go !

1. We already have the name
2. The NRL would give us a massive leg up monetary wise
3. We're out of the crap that is Sydney
4. We'll still get to watch them play in Sydney against sides like Souths / Roosters /Parra etc
5. We can enjoy weekends away flying over to Perth with family and friends.
6....and imagine a road trip with happy and Geo !

And imo it’s an attractive place to live...plus players would want to come over to get out of the fish bowl which is Sydney !
I've been saying this for some time. We also get a brand new stadium, one team in a big city adds up to lots of corporate sponsorships. Plus, with the money we would get from the NRL, we could afford to purchase some top line players.

Win Win.

:righton:
1 Geo is banned from WA (don't ask why :shock: )

2 Look rugby league isn't as popular as is made out

3 I didn't know this until recently , but SOO gets less than 100 000 viewers from WA

4 I would very concerned about getting many decent FTA viewing games (look at Canberra , Warriors , Cowboys and to a lesser degree Melbourne )

5 Many games in WA would get played at ridiculous time slots and effect crowd numbers

6 I couldn't sit in the Japanese Princess and listen to Hobbo rave on about English cricket , Nissans , explaining how to blow up his Harry Kane blow up special doll , listening to him brag about eating 94 snag sandwiches in a single sitting , how good he is as a goal kicking coach and Tottenham for 70 hours ONE WAY

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29302
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 1:03 am

Haven't we done this topic to death....

WSS for me 1 traditional rival like Manly at Cambo and Souff's at Leichhardt a year..but it won't happen ..

So nomads we are...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40746
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 3:51 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 1:03 am
Haven't we done this topic to death....

WSS for me 1 traditional rival like Manly at Cambo and Souff's at Leichhardt a year..but it won't happen ..

So nomads we are...
Can we all agree whatever ground we finally choose must be a rugby league fan friendly ground

Some good Stadiums out there , but some aren't right for rugby league

User avatar
mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1676
Joined: Mon 28 Jun, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: Hornsby

Post by mike » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:50 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 1:03 am
Haven't we done this topic to death....

WSS for me 1 traditional rival like Manly at Cambo and Souff's at Leichhardt a year..but it won't happen ..

So nomads we are...
There is an opportunity here to set Wests Tigers up after the 2020 season. It should not be missed. Deals need to be done very soon before the oppertunity is gone. Currently nomads yes, but after 2020 let’s get one home ground in place and put down roots.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2292
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:03 am

mike wrote:
Wed 10 Oct, 2018 9:43 pm
Spacecub wrote:
Wed 10 Oct, 2018 9:40 pm
I'm not 100% sure but having driven past Concord a few times it seems that getting to the ground and parking would be a nightmare we all want one home ground....but where, not sure Concord is the answer....my thoughts redevelopment and training facilities should be at cambelltown
Concord is the training facilities and corporate. We would play the games out of the new Western Sydney Stadium.
I think thats what will/should eventually happen...

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2040
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:03 am

gallagher wrote:
Wed 10 Oct, 2018 10:51 am
It shouldn't even be a thought or a discussion.
It's just obvious. Im sure we'll get there one day.
My thought exactly
Its an opinion!

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:21 am

i think it needs to happen ASAP too.

I'm happy for us to take 1x heritage game there every year but overall WSS is a step in the right direction for people of western sydney in general.

eventually when penrith/parra/dogs/tigers play finals- i can't wait to see it packed.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5058
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:33 am

Spacecub wrote:
Wed 10 Oct, 2018 9:40 pm
I'm not 100% sure but having driven past Concord a few times it seems that getting to the ground and parking would be a nightmare we all want one home ground....but where, not sure Concord is the answer....my thoughts redevelopment and training facilities should be at campbelltown
No one is playing out of Concord or likely to.

The ground is a base for Tigers amongst others for training and the C of E only.

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1917
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Post by steve-o » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:00 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 1:03 am
Haven't we done this topic to death....

WSS for me 1 traditional rival like Manly at Cambo and Souff's at Leichhardt a year..but it won't happen ..

So nomads we are...
I agree with this proposal.

The sentiment regarding home grounds has changed signifantly on here over the last few years. Just a shame management are a bit slow on this one
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Storm, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

Post Reply