Benji Marshall re-watched all his 2018 games before deciding his future with Tigers

Wests Tigers Discussion
Geo.

Re: Benji Marshall re-watched all his 2018 games before deciding his future with Tigers

Post by Geo. » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:46 pm

Must have been exciting for him...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:48 pm

gallagher wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:44 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:02 pm
criwdfluffer wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 10:51 pm
We CLEARLY went better when Robbie got back.

And without Benji we wouldn't have had a six for most of the year.

To saying they are doing it for the numbers is just ludicrous,

Both these blokes bleed for us how about a little respect back to them
Well said!

We can’t expect loyalty if we don’t give loyalty. Yes, Benji tired as the season progressed but did his share throughout and was instrumental in our great start. Farah made a big difference to our attack in my opinion.
Loyalty is great but next year we're giving them charity. Both of them have always been bad judges of their own form. Someone should have been smart enough to stop them going around again.
Exactly , not as if Benji played for nothing while he was here , he earned a very good living and has really delivered little since 2005

Farah's form warranted another season , but I'll bet we paid more than we should have for him , not Robbie's fault

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:55 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:

X2. Well said.

notarealtiger

Post by notarealtiger » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 1:06 am

Brooks has only played consistently well with a proven first grade player next to him (Anasta and Benji). Realistically, who would've played 6 if not Benji? Reynolds only played a handful of games this year so we would've had Gamble. Does anybody honestly believe he would've done well next to Brooks?

Benji fell off as the year went on but he was never supposed to play as many games as he did.

And to whoever said he's been average at the Tigers for years, please name me a year where he played a decent amount of games and was bad? I can think of 2008 and 2013 and that's about it.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 2:48 am

notarealtiger wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 1:06 am
Brooks has only played consistently well with a proven first grade player next to him (Anasta and Benji). Realistically, who would've played 6 if not Benji? Reynolds only played a handful of games this year so we would've had Gamble. Does anybody honestly believe he would've done well next to Brooks?

Benji fell off as the year went on but he was never supposed to play as many games as he did.

And to whoever said he's been average at the Tigers for years, please name me a year where he played a decent amount of games and was bad? I can think of 2008 and 2013 and that's about it.
OK for Benji to play bad when he suffered injuries , not OK for Rowdy or Keefy for example

The double standards that people create on the Forum for Benji Quentin Marshall are astounding to say the least

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 6:13 am

gallagher wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 10:40 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:14 pm
gallagher wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 8:42 pm
matchball wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 7:20 pm
Thats all Benji and Robbie care about.
Get to 300 games even if it means we suck for another year.

Another year of fluff pieces whilst we languish bottom of the ladder. Excellent.
Unfortunatley I think you are right.
It was so obvious that our spine was in shambles before Farah came back yet you want to have a go at his effort. We were no where near the bottom, maybe we had the most number of wins in years in spite of going shocking when Jacob went off injured and before Robbie came back.
Well, you and others assured me this year that we would have made the 8 if we had him for the full year. I guess we're a shoe in for top 8 next year?
On the other hand, didnt Souths go well with him in reserves? 12th the previous year to 3rd this year!!!
But when Bunnies came to Tiger Town for Suttons 300th game and Farah's 250th who had it all over them? The poor guy probably does not remember much of his 250th. But did you notice how Damien Cook's game went flatish once Farah left, they struggled through many of their wins. Cook acknowledged that Farah gave him specifics on individual teams and their weaknesses and he would have pulled them off if he did not err in execution. In one lost game in the business end of the season Damien threw two shocking passes to no one and he had not been concussed.

Look how the old man in this game got this brilliant try going - every three times he touched the ball he made top decisions. Wonder if it is near a record for most number of touches in one tackle?
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/leban ... de9543e22a

And poor Mitch's heart was broken at this lost - he has not played the same since.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 6:56 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 11:02 pm
criwdfluffer wrote:

Well said!

We can’t expect loyalty if we don’t give loyalty. Yes, Benji tired as the season progressed but did his share throughout and was instrumental in our great start. Farah made a big difference to our attack in my opinion.
x2

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 6:59 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 6:13 am
gallagher wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
gallagher wrote:

It was so obvious that our spine was in shambles before Farah came back yet you want to have a go at his effort. We were no where near the bottom, maybe we had the most number of wins in years in spite of going shocking when Jacob went off injured and before Robbie came back.
Well, you and others assured me this year that we would have made the 8 if we had him for the full year. I guess we're a shoe in for top 8 next year?
On the other hand, didnt Souths go well with him in reserves? 12th the previous year to 3rd this year!!!
But when Bunnies came to Tiger Town for Suttons 300th game and Farah's 250th who had it all over them? The poor guy probably does not remember much of his 250th. But did you notice how Damien Cook's game went flatish once Farah left, they struggled through many of their wins. Cook acknowledged that Farah gave him specifics on individual teams and their weaknesses and he would have pulled them off if he did not err in execution. In one lost game in the business end of the season Damien threw two shocking passes to no one and he had not been concussed.

Look how the old man in this game got this brilliant try going - every three times he touched the ball he made top decisions. Wonder if it is near a record for most number of touches in one tackle?

And poor Mitch's heart was broken at this lost - he has not played the same since.
I disagree BBF m.moses couldnt possibly break something he has never had(i will take the bait you left so temptingly)

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 7:01 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
gallagher wrote:

What does that have to do with Benji watching his games from last year...?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 8:18 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
gallagher wrote:

What does all that have to do with Benji?????

Need to stay on topic instead of inserting Farah scenarios in every post you make.

willow

Post by willow » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 8:24 am

Russell wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 8:18 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

What does all that have to do with Benji?????

Need to stay on topic instead of inserting Farah scenarios in every post you make.
As per usual BBF can't help himself when it comes to derailing threads which is why he copped a warning for this nonsense.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 8:30 am

Post by matchball » Wed 17 Oct, 2018 7:20 pm

Thats all Benji and Robbie care about.
Get to 300 games even if it means we suck for another year.

Another year of fluff pieces whilst we languish bottom of the ladder. Excellent.
---------------------------------------------------
my last post in this thread
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

yeti

Post by yeti » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 8:46 am

I will say that Marshall as a reserve is fine for the odd game here and there - if he plays much firsts we are in big trouble.
R.F. - not so much. Played OK in general. Handy to have on deck again.

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 9:08 am

:| The 300 hundred milestone, the only milestone we will reach next year :|
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

Toowoomba Tiger

Post by Toowoomba Tiger » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 9:28 am

What happened to this forum over recent years?

Short memories and dead set lack of respect, let alone some very simple minds when it comes to understanding footy and team rosters.

Each to their own opinions but fair dinkum, " they only want the 300 games milestone".
previously known as 'The Tooth'

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 9:34 am

Toowoomba Tiger wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 9:28 am

Short memories and dead set lack of respect, let alone some very simple minds when it comes to understanding footy and team rosters.

Each to their own opinions but fair dinkum, " they only want the 300 games milestone".
x2 very few people get to play 300 games in the NRL it is something to be applauded not ridiculed

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 9:44 am

WT2K wrote:
Wed 17 Oct, 2018 9:20 pm
The fluff pieces are starting early...
That's what i was thinking. Normally we would have these around march just before the wheels fall off and *insert that years crisis* happens.

matchball

Post by matchball » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:00 am

jadtiger wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 9:34 am
Toowoomba Tiger wrote:
Thu 18 Oct, 2018 9:28 am

x2 very few people get to play 300 games in the NRL it is something to be applauded not ridiculed
It's different when it's forced.
300 games and still playing well is the achievement.
Not plodding on to reach it.

It's the only thing the club will be celebrating in 2019.
Massive milestone.