Ivan Cleary opens up on Penrith return and controversial Tigers exit

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
wmlmaster
Member
Member
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun 17 Jul, 2016 9:37 pm

Ivan Cleary opens up on Penrith return and controversial Tigers exit

Post by wmlmaster » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 8:25 pm

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 782e1c43ed

SOB thinks his dealt with his exit professionally and in an amicable fashion


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29862
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 8:32 pm

Who..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41455
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 8:37 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 10 Nov, 2018 8:32 pm
Who..
You'll be saying that once Hobbo ,Hobbo Junior , Happy Junior and Happy fix him up

More chance of finding the Holy Grail or Jimmy Hoffa

User avatar
TheDaBoss
Member
Member
Posts: 606
Joined: Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:43 am
Location: C'Town

Post by TheDaBoss » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 8:42 pm

who is this cleary fella?, never heard of him
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2334
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 8:43 pm

Damage was done his reputation is tarnished and he has heaped pressure on big time. If he doesn’t win a premiership in 3 years he won’t see out the contract.


Lauren
Member
Member
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun 06 May, 2018 4:07 am

Post by Lauren » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 8:49 pm

Can't read it but is it the same as this one? Content wise ofcourse.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/10/iva ... ould-rift/

Ivan Cleary focused on Panthers success after mending Phil Gould rift
Author
Margie McDonald
Senior Reporter
Timestamp
Sat 10 Nov 2018, 08:01 PM


Three years have passed since Gould, as general manager of football at the club, sacked Cleary saying he looked "tired and burnt out".

Cleary has now signed a new five-year deal but the memories of how his previous four-year tenure ended so abruptly in October 2015 were flashing through his mind.He maintains he's not bitter despite the implication at the time he couldn't take the heat of being a head coach. He also doesn't think it damaged his reputation.

"Not at all. It's fine. It was a decision that was made but it's in the past. He made the decision and whether it was right or wrong is immaterial now," Cleary told NRL.com.

"The funny thing is though, when I got the approach to come back that was always going to be the last piece for me to process.

"I needed to know that it was OK and that the club really wanted me back."

Cleary and Gould have since held several conversations with neither wishing to revisit October 2015.

Simply dealing with August, September and October 2018 has been enough for both men.

As soon as former coach Anthony Griffin was sacked in the first week of August, the rugby league universe has been waiting, perhaps expecting, Ivan Cleary to make his second coming at Penrith where he spent 2012-to-2015 after taking the Warriors to the 2011 NRL grand final.

But Cleary still had two years to run on his Wests Tigers deal. He took them from 14th in 2017 to ninth in 2018 and had brought international players like Ben Matulino, Russell Packer, Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah into the den.

Surely he wouldn't break those bonds. However, that looked likely once Nathan Cleary signed a five-year extention with Penrith on September 24. His father's four-year deal was announced October 29.
Surprisingly, Cleary says his son's lengthy deal was not the key to getting him back.

"Firstly, the situation with Nathan is only part of it. It wasn't the be-all and end-all," Cleary said.

"My decision was not made because Nat is staying at Penrith – yes, it is part of it, of course.
"It was more like, I don't think you can ever wait in rugby league if you actually want to do something. Opportunities only knock once and that was the case here.

"I never, ever thought this opportunity would come. It was a complete shock to me – a shock that I'd be going back to Penrith and a shock I could link with Nat so soon.

"But definitely going back to Penrith was the stronger shock. When I left the Panthers I had a real sense of unfinished business.

"That feeling eventually went away but I never thought I'd get that chance again – then the opportunity pops up and I felt like I needed to take it.

"I had respect for the contract I had with the Tigers and that was communicated by the Tigers to me, and that was cool.
"But it [the Panthers offer] still was such a great opportunity."

Many Tigers fans may not be feeling so joyous. Cleary sent a group text to his players at Concord Oval but has also spoken to many of them, especially players like Matulino and Packer who followed him to the club to reunite with their Warriors old coach.

"I was concerned with all the players but I definitely thought about those kind of guys. It is a difficult situation and that's the nature of our industry as well. It is such a volatile industry, not just for coaches but players as well," Cleary said.

"I've spoken to a lot of those guys since and I think everyone understands. But if anyone was actually disappointed or is still disappointed I would understand that as well."

As for the Tigers fans, Cleary knows some of the consequences of his actions.

"The fans are the lifeblood of our game and I completely respect their passion. I was a fan once too so I get it.

"There will be a range of emotions that fans feel. I've already had some Tigers fans come up to me, and while they're disappointed I'm leaving, they thanked me.


"But of course there will be other Tigers fans that think the complete opposite and I understand that too.

"I would say to them that they've got a really good club to follow and that the club is in a really good position – a really strong and intelligent leadership and the future is going to be very bright."

Cleary has the same sentiments about Penrith. He coached Cameron Ciraldo and Peter Wallace when he arrived in 2012 and the pair will be his assistants in 2019.

Players like Josh Mansour, Waqa Blake, Dean Whare, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Sam McKendry will again be coached by Cleary, as will former Warriors five-eighth James Maloney.

"I'm connected to almost every player in this squad, either through coaching them previously or being part of their recruitment like [Viliame] Kikau and [Trent] Merrin.

"The other guys I've watched come through the Penrith system. I feel like I have a really strong connection not just with the players, but with the staff and the community."

Nathan is one of those players. He came to the Panthers as a 14-year-old in late 2011, made his NRL debut as a 20-year-old in 2016 and is now the NSW State of Origin halfback.
"He had enough knowledge of what was going on but we only spoke occasionally about what may or may not happen," Cleary said of father and son living under the same roof while contract talks and speculation swirled around them.

"It went on for nearly three months like that.

"The road ahead is not all clear either. I'm sure there will be situations coming up we're going to have to deal with, but I'll be objective at all times.

"I'll be treating him like all the other players."

When I left the Panthers I had a real sense of unfinished business.

Ivan Cleary


And after taking over at Penrith in 2012 and at the Tigers in 2017 with both clubs in a rebuilding phase, the situation at the Pathers in 2019 is very different – it's an established and talented roster that finished the 2018 Telstra Premiership in fifth spot.

"Possibly the pressure is more," Cleary said. "It's not something I can control but we do have a good roster.

"In the 13 years as a coach I've never gone into a season where I've felt there hasn't been expectation to perform. It's just that the weight of expectation can vary.


"What you need to do is help produce an environment where players can improve; where you can get the best out of them," he said.

"So my job is no different for the upcoming season. I won't lie but it is a little scary as well. Then again that's the thrill of it."
Last edited by Lauren on Sat 10 Nov, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5655
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 8:56 pm

Ivan Cleary = bludger, a scrounger.
"just look at that bludger, can't get his thieving hands on the cash fast enough"
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1015
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Cairnstigers » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 9:05 pm

Lauren wrote:
Sat 10 Nov, 2018 8:49 pm
Can't read it but is it the same as this one? Content wise ofcourse.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/10/iva ... ould-rift/

Ivan Cleary focused on Panthers success after mending Phil Gould rift
Author
Margie McDonald
Senior Reporter
Timestamp
Sat 10 Nov 2018, 08:01 PM


Three years have passed since Gould, as general manager of football at the club, sacked Cleary saying he looked "tired and burnt out".

Cleary has now signed a new five-year deal but the memories of how his previous four-year tenure ended so abruptly in October 2015 were flashing through his mind.He maintains he's not bitter despite the implication at the time he couldn't take the heat of being a head coach. He also doesn't think it damaged his reputation.

"Not at all. It's fine. It was a decision that was made but it's in the past. He made the decision and whether it was right or wrong is immaterial now," Cleary told NRL.com.

"The funny thing is though, when I got the approach to come back that was always going to be the last piece for me to process.

"I needed to know that it was OK and that the club really wanted me back."

Cleary and Gould have since held several conversations with neither wishing to revisit October 2015.

Simply dealing with August, September and October 2018 has been enough for both men.

As soon as former coach Anthony Griffin was sacked in the first week of August, the rugby league universe has been waiting, perhaps expecting, Ivan Cleary to make his second coming at Penrith where he spent 2012-to-2015 after taking the Warriors to the 2011 NRL grand final.

But Cleary still had two years to run on his Wests Tigers deal. He took them from 14th in 2017 to ninth in 2018 and had brought international players like Ben Matulino, Russell Packer, Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah into the den.

Surely he wouldn't break those bonds. However, that looked likely once Nathan Cleary signed a five-year extention with Penrith on September 24. His father's four-year deal was announced October 29.
Surprisingly, Cleary says his son's lengthy deal was not the key to getting him back.

"Firstly, the situation with Nathan is only part of it. It wasn't the be-all and end-all," Cleary said.

"My decision was not made because Nat is staying at Penrith – yes, it is part of it, of course.
"It was more like, I don't think you can ever wait in rugby league if you actually want to do something. Opportunities only knock once and that was the case here.

"I never, ever thought this opportunity would come. It was a complete shock to me – a shock that I'd be going back to Penrith and a shock I could link with Nat so soon.

"But definitely going back to Penrith was the stronger shock. When I left the Panthers I had a real sense of unfinished business.

"That feeling eventually went away but I never thought I'd get that chance again – then the opportunity pops up and I felt like I needed to take it.

"I had respect for the contract I had with the Tigers and that was communicated by the Tigers to me, and that was cool.
"But it [the Panthers offer] still was such a great opportunity."

Many Tigers fans may not be feeling so joyous. Cleary sent a group text to his players at Concord Oval but has also spoken to many of them, especially players like Matulino and Packer who followed him to the club to reunite with their Warriors old coach.

"I was concerned with all the players but I definitely thought about those kind of guys. It is a difficult situation and that's the nature of our industry as well. It is such a volatile industry, not just for coaches but players as well," Cleary said.

"I've spoken to a lot of those guys since and I think everyone understands. But if anyone was actually disappointed or is still disappointed I would understand that as well."

As for the Tigers fans, Cleary knows some of the consequences of his actions.

"The fans are the lifeblood of our game and I completely respect their passion. I was a fan once too so I get it.

"There will be a range of emotions that fans feel. I've already had some Tigers fans come up to me, and while they're disappointed I'm leaving, they thanked me.


"But of course there will be other Tigers fans that think the complete opposite and I understand that too.

"I would say to them that they've got a really good club to follow and that the club is in a really good position – a really strong and intelligent leadership and the future is going to be very bright."

Cleary has the same sentiments about Penrith. He coached Cameron Ciraldo and Peter Wallace when he arrived in 2012 and the pair will be his assistants in 2019.

Players like Josh Mansour, Waqa Blake, Dean Whare, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Sam McKendry will again be coached by Cleary, as will former Warriors five-eighth James Maloney.

"I'm connected to almost every player in this squad, either through coaching them previously or being part of their recruitment like [Viliame] Kikau and [Trent] Merrin.

"The other guys I've watched come through the Penrith system. I feel like I have a really strong connection not just with the players, but with the staff and the community."

Nathan is one of those players. He came to the Panthers as a 14-year-old in late 2011, made his NRL debut as a 20-year-old in 2016 and is now the NSW State of Origin halfback.
"He had enough knowledge of what was going on but we only spoke occasionally about what may or may not happen," Cleary said of father and son living under the same roof while contract talks and speculation swirled around them.

"It went on for nearly three months like that.

"The road ahead is not all clear either. I'm sure there will be situations coming up we're going to have to deal with, but I'll be objective at all times.

"I'll be treating him like all the other players."

When I left the Panthers I had a real sense of unfinished business.

Ivan Cleary


And after taking over at Penrith in 2012 and at the Tigers in 2017 with both clubs in a rebuilding phase, the situation at the Pathers in 2019 is very different – it's an established and talented roster that finished the 2018 Telstra Premiership in fifth spot.

"Possibly the pressure is more," Cleary said. "It's not something I can control but we do have a good roster.

"In the 13 years as a coach I've never gone into a season where I've felt there hasn't been expectation to perform. It's just that the weight of expectation can vary.


"What you need to do is help produce an environment where players can improve; where you can get the best out of them," he said.

"So my job is no different for the upcoming season. I won't lie but it is a little scary as well. Then again that's the thrill of it."
Here's a strong connection for you Ivan
🖕

Lauren
Member
Member
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun 06 May, 2018 4:07 am

Post by Lauren » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 9:05 pm

Courtesy of https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/ ... torazq17lo

Ivan Cleary lifts lid on dramatic Wests Tigers exit: 'It wasn't my decision to leave, it was mutual'

Ivan Cleary is aware the public, specifically Wests Tigers fans, may take a distasteful view on his family-first decision to join Penrith, but the outgoing coach insists it was never his intention to lead the club astray.

After accusing the media of misinformation, rejecting calls and leaving fans without answers, Cleary has finally broken his silence on the biggest call of his professional career in a tell-all interview with The Daily Telegraph.
Cleary labelled his controversial exit a ‘’mutual’’ decision between both him and Wests Tigers, insisting he was more than prepared to see out the final two years of his contract.

However, the club felt his position became untenable when he agreed to sign with the Panthers from 2021 after he was formally tabled a contract a week before the 2018 grand final.
Discussions had been ongoing from July 30, hence the relentless speculation, when Cleary told Penrith officials he was interested in the soon-to-be-vacant job, once his time in Concord was finished.

“I was ready to see out the final two years (2019 and 2020),’’ Cleary told The Daily Telegraph.

“What I couldn’t do was commit to (a deal) after 2020 — and that’s the crux of it.

“It wasn’t my decision to leave the Tigers, it was mutual.

“People can have their opinions about the decisions I’ve made — but I was transparent and I was 100 per cent honest with the Tigers.’’

Cleary maintains he was always transparent with the Tigers and kept an open book when it came to his future ambitions.

That ambition just happened to be to one day professionally work with his son.

He claims that he was that committed to the Tigers that he even tried to lure Nathan Cleary to the club, but when his son committed to a multi-million dollar, long-term contract at the Panthers, there was only one road to take.

“I did have a sense that if I didn’t take this chance, it may never happen again,’’ Cleary said.

“That’s the thing about the NRL, opportunity only knocks once and I wanted to get him (Nathan) to the Tigers — that was something we wanted to do (together) as well.

“And part of that was, if we wait any longer, there’s a good chance it won’t ever happen.’’

The Cleary’s will be one of the rare father-son combinations in the game’s history following current Sharks duo Shane and Kyle Flanagan, John and Martin Lang, Bob, Scott and Brett Fulton and Chris, Ben and Jarrad Anderson.

NRL Immortal Andrew Johns has questioned if their relationship can work in a professional environment, but Cleary is prepared for the challenges ahead and won’t be dishing out special treatment.

“He’s going to be like everyone else,’’ he said.

“There’s going to be some things that we can’t envisage, there’ll be some difficult situations and he knows that and I know that.

“But we’ll deal with those like I would with any other player.''

User avatar
marzie
Member
Member
Posts: 1678
Joined: Fri 15 Aug, 2014 8:43 pm

Post by marzie » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 9:10 pm

Ivan Cleary opens up on Penrith return and controversial Tigers exit

IVAN Cleary is sitting back on a leather swivel chair inside his office at the Panthers Rugby League Academy on Friday morning.

In readiness for his first official training session on Monday as Penrith’s head coach since 2015, Cleary has spreadsheets and highlighted print-outs aligned for every player in his 30-man squad laid out across his desk.

Before pressing record on the tape for his first interview since his polarising departure from the Wests Tigers 11 days ago, The Sunday Telegraph is taken through the academy that was opened in 2016.

Into the pristine gym, past the spacious player dressing room, recovery baths, coaching staff areas and finally, a glance out onto the two manicured training fields.

“I only came through the academy for the first time last week - and originally, I was one of the people asked for input into it’s design,’’ Cleary said.

“What was the biggest factor in returning to Penrith? There’s plenty, but I’d say unfinished business.’’

Cleary coached the Panthers for four seasons, earning Dally M coach of the year honours in 2014 when he took the side to a preliminary final. At the end of 2015 Griffin was sacked after being told by general manager Phil Gould he was looking “tired’’.

“It was a complete club re-build. And we were making progress, so to be exited when you can see what’s coming was hard.’’

Son Nathan Cleary debuted in 2016, part of a glut of junior talent rising through the ranks.

“I’ve sat back watching Nathan play for the last three years and I’ve watched this club, the academy and the pathways develop and grow.

“And the whole time, I’m thinking, ‘I’ll never be back here to finish what I started’.”

Many will now wonder how Cleary could return to the Panthers given the way he was shown the door.

“I asked myself the same question — but I felt straight away that there was no one here that thought I shouldn’t be doing this job.”

OFF THE BUS
Cleary’s split from the Wests Tigers with two years remaining on his contract captivated the NRL’s attention.

The 47-year-old admits how the saga unfolded was far from ideal. He accepts responsibility for the situation he left Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe and so too, the club’s passionate fans.

But he is adamant that he acted with full disclosure and honesty towards the club’s powerbrokers and the playing group — adding that he was willing to remain at the Tigers until the end of his 2020 contract.

“I was ready to see out the final two years (2019 and 2020),’’ Cleary said.

“What I couldn’t do was commit to (a deal) after 2020 — and that’s the crux of it.

“It wasn’t my decision to leave the Tigers, it was mutual.

“In a perfect world, I would prefer the circumstances to be different — but they are what they are.

“When I signed the original contract with the Wests Tigers (in 2017), I had absolutely every intent to not go anywhere.

“Everything I said, everything I did, I was 100 per cent authentic. I’d like to think that everyone who worked with me, would’ve seen that.

“People can have their opinions about the decisions I’ve made — but I was transparent and I was 100 per cent honest with the Tigers.’’


PANTHERS POUNCE
The Panthers’ first play for Cleary occurred in late July when Penrith chairman David O’Neill asked if he would consider ever returning.

“It was nothing formal, it was very loosely that he asked would I be interested,’’ Cleary said.

“And I said yes, I would be.

“There was nothing specific, because we all understood I had a contract at the Tigers.

“They (Penrith) just said they were considering the head coaching position moving forward.

“I had a contract until the end of 2020, so my thought was I better go talk to the Tigers, which I thought was only fair, including Justin, (Tigers chair) Marina (Go) and I spoke to a couple of board members and that’s when they told me, there’s no way you’re going anywhere, you’ve got a contract.

“The next morning I told the players exactly what I had told the board — but also, the club has made a strong stance and I’m not going anywhere.

“At the time, that was the position, which is why there was no need to elaborate in the press.

“We were trying to win games and no (the speculation) wasn’t ideal — but I was happy to bury it and get on with the most important job of winning games, so we did.’’


THE REAL DEAL
Cleary’s silence continued in the media because he felt there was nothing to explain. He was fulfilling his contract until the end of 2020. End of story.

That was, until a formal offer from Penrith arrived a week before the grand final on September 30.

“Some time after the Tigers season had finished, they (Penrith) came back with a formal offer from 2021 onwards,’’ Cleary said.

“Unfortunately that was leaked (to the press) as well, so by the time I got back to talk to the Tigers, there was already external pressure.

“However, I offered full disclosure to anyone that needed to know.

“All I said (to the Tigers hierarchy) was, it’s my intention to sign with them (Penrith) in 2021.

“That was a pretty tough thing, obviously.’’

The Tigers were unwilling to stick with a coach who had already signed with a rival club.

Cleary was formally granted a release from the Tigers 11 days ago, yet he only put pen to paper on a five-year deal with the Panthers last Wednesday.

He texted the Tigers players to thank them, but wished now he had the chance to speak to them individually.

“When the first question was asked if I would consider coming back (to Penrith), I spoke to the players almost immediately face-to-face and I would’ve much preferred to do it like that again,’’ Cleary said.

“But time, circumstances, it was impossible to do.

“The hard thing is, with text messages, you can’t say what you want to say.

“There was a bunch of other stuff in there I would’ve liked to say and thank God I didn’t because it would’ve ended up in the media.’’

TIGER TOUGH
Cleary said his relationship with Pascoe is “strong”, but concedes, “I put him in a pretty awkward position, which I don’t feel good about.

“But he’s doing a really good job, he’s handled this situation and gained a great outcome for the club.’’

As for his hopes for the Tigers next year under Michael Maguire, Cleary said: “The best.

“The club is in a really good position. They’ve made some really good strides the last few years. Off the field, they’re going really well.

“I honestly wish them all the best and I don’t see any reason why they won’t achieve that.’’


RISING SON
Coaching son Nathan — who will move out of the family home for the first time after Christmas — was an obvious lure for Cleary, but perhaps not the grapple hook most believe.

“It’s a factor — but again, there’s a lot of factors,’’ Cleary said.

“I did have a sense that if I didn’t take this chance, it may never happen again.

“That’s the thing about the NRL, opportunity only knocks once and I wanted to get him (Nathan) to the Tigers — that was something we wanted to do (together) as well.

“And part of that was, if we wait any longer, there’s a good chance it won’t ever happen.’’

Asked how he would handle resting or dropping his son should his form warrant it, Cleary said: “He’s going to be like everyone else.

“There’s going to be some things that we can’t envisage, there’ll be some difficult situations and he knows that and I know that.

“But we’ll deal with those like I would with any other player.

“He’s moving out soon and I think that’s good timing.’’

Cleary is under no illusion why he’s been brought back to Penrith — to win the club’s first title since 2003.

A rich nursery of talent, proven NRL stars and experienced representative players have the Panthers primed for a premiership in 2019.

“There’s always pressure. I read an article last week about all the coaches under pressure and that wasn’t even about winning comps,’’ Cleary said.

“The pressure really is, to improve the players and improve the team each year.

“The biggest pressure on me is that we improve the team and I’m looking forward to doing that.

“It’s a little bit scary, but that’s the thrill of it too.
Last edited by marzie on Sat 10 Nov, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29691
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 9:12 pm

When I left the Panthers I had a real sense of unfinished business.
Story of your life, chum

Lauren
Member
Member
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun 06 May, 2018 4:07 am

Post by Lauren » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 9:15 pm

Thanks marzie. So 3 articles today alone with (slightly) varying content yet they all emphasise the same thing. And he says he doesn't care about what others think.
Thanking him would be the last thing I'd be doing if I ever came across him.

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4224
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 9:21 pm

Flog of the year award goes to - Ivan Cleary
No more plodders!
:sign:

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3586
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 9:31 pm

I wish him nothing but misery at Penrith with the slimy turd in charge. I could see from a mile off as soon as did made that pathetic media statement he had no interest in staying at the Tigers in 2019. He jumped off his own bus at the first time of asking.

Any real Tigers fan that sees him in the street will not the shaking his hand or thanking him. They will either brush him or give him a gob full.

Coasttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed 15 Feb, 2012 2:45 pm

Post by Coasttiger » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 9:37 pm

#ivanthedog

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29862
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 9:56 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 10 Nov, 2018 8:37 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sat 10 Nov, 2018 8:32 pm
Who..
You'll be saying that once Hobbo ,Hobbo Junior , Happy Junior and Happy fix him up

More chance of finding the Holy Grail or Jimmy Hoffa
Never heard of her...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1485
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 10:12 pm

Ivan the terrible returns

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 8022
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 10 Nov, 2018 10:13 pm

i feel like im sticking up for cleary too much but i honestly feel that he did what he thought was best. he had a contract here for 2 years he wanted to honour but an extra 3 years we couldn't offer but someone else could so he took that. right now, his son and himself have got a massive 5 year contract.

selfish, but that's just how this world is. we are and we wouldn't have been in a worse situation coz of this.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Post Reply