New Wests Tigers Podcast - (Helmsey and I) -UPDATED - EPISODE 5 POSTED - Salary Cap/Pascoe Episode.

Wests Tigers Discussion
helmesy

Re: New Wests Tigers Podcast - (Helmsey and I) -UPDATED - EPISODE 2 POSTED

Post by helmesy » Thu 03 Jan, 2019 8:08 am

Hi Steve, my understanding is that it is business as usual at the moment with the club given 30 days to respond to the charges/penalties (from December 18th).

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 04 Jan, 2019 1:20 pm

Good job guys.
So Robbie bought you a beer Eddie, now I get it :D

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 04 Jan, 2019 1:24 pm

gallagher wrote:
Fri 04 Jan, 2019 1:20 pm
Good job guys.
So Robbie bought you a beer Eddie, now I get it :D
I thought you would like that!

By the way guys we did Podcast 5 yesterday which is now up for listening. Obviously plenty to discuss.

https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests ... cast-0005/

In Part One we discuss the Salary Cap penalties and sanctions imposed on the Club in relation to Robbie Farah’s ambassador role.

They also touch on the breaking news of more off-field bad behaviour, with Michael Chee Kam in trouble.

Topics discussed in Part One include:

Were the monetary fines imposed on the Club too high?
Will deregistered CEO Justin Pascoe be back?
Should the Club appeal the sanctions?
Will the sanctions have an impact on 2019?
In Part Two the boys answer more questions from the Wests Tigers’ Forum, as well as discuss some New Year’s resolutions, as Wests Tigers’ fans, and if they were running the Wests Tigers.

They also talk about the A-League handing a Licence to the Macarthur/South West Sydney region, to play out of Campbelltown Stadium, and what impact that could have on the Wests Tigers.

Topics discussed in Part Two include:

What were our best and worst performances as a team in 2018?
Are there any off-contract players we can target for 2019?
Where will the Wests Tigers finish in 2019?
What individual milestone could be reached in 2019 including will Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah reach 300 NRL games in 2019?

Happy New year all!

Mac tiger

Post by Mac tiger » Fri 04 Jan, 2019 2:32 pm

Great stuff lads! Very professional and really enjoyed it again.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Fri 04 Jan, 2019 6:49 pm

Mac tiger wrote:
Fri 04 Jan, 2019 2:32 pm
Great stuff lads! Very professional and really enjoyed it again.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 04 Jan, 2019 7:15 pm

Another good effort lads.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 04 Jan, 2019 8:16 pm

Fantastic guys. You keep resetting the bar higher and higher!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Mon 07 Jan, 2019 7:03 pm

Gotta say guys, this was really good. Great Job! Thanks
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Mon 07 Jan, 2019 10:53 pm

Hi guys, great listen. Wests Tigers need to take the NRL to court as the NRL CEO has stated Pascoe is a cheat, and intentionally cheated the salary cap. This is defamation. If there is a on-field benefit, or financial benefit, let the NRL present their case to justify defamation, outside of their jurisdiction. Once they do this we get to state our case in a neutral environment. Should we be successful Greenberg will have no option but to resign.
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 08 Jan, 2019 8:51 am

sheer64 wrote:
Mon 07 Jan, 2019 10:53 pm
Hi guys, great listen. Wests Tigers need to take the NRL to court as the NRL CEO has stated Pascoe is a cheat, and intentionally cheated the salary cap. This is defamation. If there is a on-field benefit, or financial benefit, let the NRL present their case to justify defamation, outside of their jurisdiction. Once they do this we get to state our case in a neutral environment. Should we be successful Greenberg will have no option but to resign.
Well said "sheer64'

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Tue 08 Jan, 2019 9:05 am

sheer64 wrote:
If it pans out that way the game will be saved..... :master:

But I doubt it will...... :(

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 08 Jan, 2019 11:12 am

sheer64 wrote:
No one club takes the NRL to court...they hand out the money,they hand out the licenses,they make the rules and they are a secret society. Any deals re the judgement will be done behind close doors and in secret.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Wed 09 Jan, 2019 8:49 pm

Haha good pronounciation boys!

Another good listen. I agree, slim pickings re. off contract players for 2019. If we lose Musgrove & now MCK I’m really hoping it inspires someone like Mikaele, Garner, McIntyre or McQueen (the forgotten man) to take their chance & cement a spot in the 17.

Looking forward to the next episode!

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Tue 15 Jan, 2019 1:57 pm

Thanks guys,

Been pretty quiet the past couple of weeks re any news.

Might here some more re Pascoe in the next week or so you would think given he deadline around the potential appeal.

Were probably going to record Podcast 6 Friday afternoon.

If you can think of anything you would like us to discuss, let us know !!

Cheers.

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 15 Jan, 2019 4:04 pm

supercoach wrote:
Tue 08 Jan, 2019 11:12 am
sheer64 wrote:
No one club takes the NRL to court...they hand out the money,they hand out the licenses,they make the rules and they are a secret society. Any deals re the judgement will be done behind close doors and in secret.
Souths and West’s have been to court.. I do not agree at all . The threat of court and an injunction to stop the competition will certainly make certain types take notice .Nothing will change unless a club stands its ground and test its case if they feel harshly done by.

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 15 Jan, 2019 5:39 pm

Obviously go to the NRL Tribunal first - if we don't get anywhere or don't get a fair go....

Why not go to court - don't think the NRL would want a lot of their secrets getting out.

Nothing to lose if we are forced into it.

Think Pascoe is worth it myself.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 15 Jan, 2019 10:23 pm

Caught the latest installment today and again enjoyed it.