Thu 10 Jan, 2019 9:18 am
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Thu 10 Jan, 2019 9:10 am
TigerTiger wrote:
Thu 10 Jan, 2019 8:41 am
cochise wrote:
Wed 09 Jan, 2019 7:54 pm

They already have.
I thought I read in that interview Todd did before he scarpered for Christmas that they would look at the testimony games in the future, and maybe not do them as they aren't entirely fair. That's what I got from what was written. Like he was admitting it was a bit of a mistake on having them salary cap-free. It's a bit late though. And there's no attempt to redress them. Just an example of more bias.
I think they approved the game assuming that it was both of their last years in the game, Cam Smith most likely never stated such a thing. The NRL put themselves in a bad position with their assumption so I doubt their is much they can do. I would assume that they have learnt from it and won't have these games in the future.
It should never have been allowed in the first place it was just another way for the NRL to sanction an extra cap allowance for the storm and cows.
I agree - NRL bent over and rogered by two prominent players. No testimonials IMO, because how do you draw the line - 300 games, 350 games, 10 years, 20 years? It's all arbitrary. NRL just too eager to blow a few high-profile players without the foresight to realise that every Joe would request a testimonial if he can get his hands on it.

You feel for blokes like John Sutton, who is an average footballer but has had a long career at the top level, won a comp etc. and the NRL says "no" if he asks them for financial recognition, oh but we might put a zero on the sideline for ya pal.

Then you have to hand it to Cameron Smith, the bloke is such a good cheat that he can even cheat off-field and get away with it clean skinned. Testimonial match and possibly a few testimonial lunches here and there and he's still playing until 2020. Probably due a few more testimonials then as well.

Not sure how many loopholes the NRL will still have to close in retrospect after Cameron Smith has exploited them.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 8:51 am

jirskyr wrote:
Fri 11 Jan, 2019 8:45 am
jadtiger wrote:
TigerTiger wrote:
Thu 10 Jan, 2019 8:41 am

I thought I read in that interview Todd did before he scarpered for Christmas that they would look at the testimony games in the future, and maybe not do them as they aren't entirely fair. That's what I got from what was written. Like he was admitting it was a bit of a mistake on having them salary cap-free. It's a bit late though. And there's no attempt to redress them. Just an example of more bias.
I think they approved the game assuming that it was both of their last years in the game, Cam Smith most likely never stated such a thing. The NRL put themselves in a bad position with their assumption so I doubt their is much they can do. I would assume that they have learnt from it and won't have these games in the future.
It should never have been allowed in the first place it was just another way for the NRL to sanction an extra cap allowance for the storm and cows.
I agree - NRL bent over and rogered by two prominent players. No testimonials IMO, because how do you draw the line - 300 games, 350 games, 10 years, 20 years? It's all arbitrary. NRL just too eager to blow a few high-profile players without the foresight to realise that every Joe would request a testimonial if he can get his hands on it.

You feel for blokes like John Sutton, who is an average footballer but has had a long career at the top level, won a comp etc. and the NRL says "no" if he asks them for financial recognition, oh but we might put a zero on the sideline for ya pal.

Then you have to hand it to Cameron Smith, the bloke is such a good cheat that he can even cheat off-field and get away with it clean skinned. Testimonial match and possibly a few testimonial lunches here and there and he's still playing until 2020. Probably due a few more testimonials then as well.

Not sure how many loopholes the NRL will still have to close in retrospect after Cameron Smith has exploited them.
If you a suspicious cynical person like i am you could even take that further and suggest the NRL frontloaded Smiths next contract for him because they are so even handed in their dealings with all the clubs. :twisted:

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 9:24 am

TigerTiger wrote:
Thu 10 Jan, 2019 2:52 pm
cochise wrote:
Thu 10 Jan, 2019 2:43 pm
Set play wrote:
Thu 10 Jan, 2019 2:38 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 10 Jan, 2019 2:24 pm

I think a downgrade is on the cards. I’d expect Pascoe’s penalty to be lifted.
All jokes aside gnr what sort of downgrade do you think will happen.
I'd like to see Pascoe's ban lifted and the fine downgraded but believe if the rules were broken, even accidentallymthen the salary cap deduction needs to stay as a deterrent to other teams.
I can understand that. To me there is a huge difference regarding the intention of the action. I think the intention should impact upon the Pascoe deregistering and fine, and unfortunately not affect the $639k salary cap hit.

Does Robbie definitely get the money though? If it's coming off the salary cap for 2019, shouldn't he be paid all of it for 2019, so he gets $639k additional to whatever he is on for the upcoming season? lol, he could be on $950k again.
The stupid part is he may not get any of it. If he hasn't signed on for the ambassadorial role he gets nothing. He has already said he has been paid everything he is owed and there are media reports that support that.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 9:28 am

sheer64 wrote:
Thu 10 Jan, 2019 3:49 pm
Just curious if a player with any club signs an Ambassador type role in the future and it is declared, and that clubs salary cap is then reduced as per the NRLs direction; what would happen if that player was unable to take up the role? Does that mean the salary cap reduction is now invalid and that amount is now added to a future salary cap? I can feel a Rorters rort coming on.
They already rorted it - They announced Minichello as an ambassador after he retired. All clubs will do that now. The brown paper bags will just have notes saying " don't worry we will look after you once you retire." And what about Cammy - I'm sure i have read that he will stay on with Melbourne after his retirement - why isn't that being investigated.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 9:36 am

Cammy will be CEO of the whole NRL one day..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 9:57 am

Geo. wrote:
Fri 11 Jan, 2019 9:36 am
And......
But we’ll still have ambassador Farah on the books :lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 9:58 am

jadtiger wrote:
Fri 11 Jan, 2019 8:51 am
jirskyr wrote:
Fri 11 Jan, 2019 8:45 am
jadtiger wrote:

If you a suspicious cynical person like i am you could even take that further and suggest the NRL frontloaded Smiths next contract for him because they are so even handed in their dealings with all the clubs. :twisted:
This is exactly why the Tigers situation should be brought to a head with an independent adjudicator
, there is rules for one but not others . What the Storm are doing with Smith is irrelevant it is the systematic rorting and the bias adjudication of the NRL which is the problem, how can 2 players have a testimonial and there clubs not breach the salary cap for that year or next they have actually received monies and were contracted to each of there clubs and further more played these games sanctioned and adjudicated under the NRL rules ...whether they notified the NRL or not . The Tigers / Farah situation just highlights the systemic problem within the NRL and there policy decisions.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 11:07 am

Geo. wrote:
Not sure if that’s in jest or not, but it’s a distinct possibility. If not CEO, it will be another prominent position that makes him one of the most powerful people in the game.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 11:31 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 11 Jan, 2019 11:07 am
Geo. wrote:
Not sure if that’s in jest or not, but it’s a distinct possibility. If not CEO, it will be another prominent position that makes him one of the most powerful people in the game.
I have no doubt he'll be in the upper echelon of management.

Probably salary cap auditor, he'll know the ins and outs of everything.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 11:33 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 11 Jan, 2019 11:31 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Lobbing one up for FTB aye CB?

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 11:40 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 11 Jan, 2019 11:33 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Lobbing one up for FTB aye CB?
Admittedly, it was partially intended for him.

Busted :)
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 1:43 pm

Geo. wrote:
You need to look more closely Geo , Greenburg is a puppet , have a look at who's hand is up his clacker

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 2:31 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Refs boss? 😂

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 4:18 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 11 Jan, 2019 2:31 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Refs boss? 😂
He’s already in that role now!!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

rex2ce

Post by rex2ce » Wed 16 Jan, 2019 3:07 pm

When is the deadline for WT to appeal the NRL judgement?

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Wed 16 Jan, 2019 3:30 pm

News articles at the time of Greenburg announcement say till end of January to appeal. No specific date but assume 31 January.

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Thu 17 Jan, 2019 2:52 pm

I know(from media reports) that we have until the end of January to appeal, but that's about it. So does anyone on the forum actually know what occurs during that time?
I didn't realise how consuming this will/could be for the club. I actually remember Manly's case in the news - of how they were handed their sanctions in March yet the appeals process didn't recommence until Sep/Oct(?).

We currently have no CEO. Have been handed financial penalties that will affect our cap. Then on top we're already dealing with the likelihood of losing MCK and Musgrove.
I know this may sound impatient but I honestly just hate this feeling of so much uncertainty.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Thu 17 Jan, 2019 3:47 pm

cant help but feel this is the NRL trying to rub out the tigers, the penalty is extremely harsh and iam dam sure if it was one of the 4-5 top clubs this would be a different story. just my gut feeling.