NRL Announcement

Wests Tigers Discussion
cochise
Member
Member
Posts: 829
Joined: Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:42 pm

Re: NRL Announcement

Post by cochise » Sun 06 Jan, 2019 5:47 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 5:37 pm
cochise wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 3:03 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 12:59 pm
Whether or not this contract for a post-NRL job is signed or not, is not the issue.

The accusations are that this role was to compensate Robbie for TPAs that he did not receive. If so, they argue that is cheating. If not, it is just NRL whingeing about not being informed officially (even though they already knew about it),

To me, NRL must believe they can prove that the job was offered to compensate for those cancelled TPAs, otherwise they wouldn't have proceeded. And that is the evidence I am looking forward to seeing. Anything less, and I think it proves their own bias.
It is not about the NRL whinging about being told. They have rules that they must be informed to prevent clubs rorting the cap by offering players a post career job.
NRL came out calling us salary cap cheats, Not that a mistake was made, but that we were deliberate salary cap cheats, If they don't have the evidence to prove our intent to cheat, then that is clear evidence of their bias.
Yes, one of the reasons I believe it was more than a mistake.


cochise
Member
Member
Posts: 829
Joined: Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:42 pm

Post by cochise » Sun 06 Jan, 2019 6:22 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 5:05 pm
cochise wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 10:49 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 10:02 am
cochise wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 12:31 am

They did a forensic audit?
So if, as you say, Andrew Gee took 300k from the leagues club WITHOUT APPROVAL, isn't that theft? For that large amount he should of been doing jail time.
That's exactly what the leagues club published in its annual report, they notified ASIC who decided to not investigate as the money had been repaid. If you actually read the article I posted it is all in that. The annual report states that it was used without permission or knowledge, correct procedures werent followed and no documentation was completed.

The NRL conducted a forensic audit, which they do in all these cases. That is how Flanagan's emails were found. They interviewed players and check players manager records and no evidence of extra payments were found.

What else do you expect them to have done?

Not everything is a conspiracy against us.
Not saying everything is a conspiracy against WT. If we are guilty then more than happy to accept the punishment.
But what is really galling is the massive double standards within the NRL, A case in point being the Mitchell Pearce Australia Day incident: public opinion was very much favouring the notion that young Mitch was on more than just alcohol, illicit drugs were very likely in his system. I have been pm'd by someone on this forum who stated that they have seen firsthand Mitchell Pearce taking cocaine.
Despite this the NRL were quite happy to let the Roosters secretly ship him overseas without bothering to have him drug tested. Why did the NRL let this happen? Did the Roosters inform the NRL before MP scurried overseas that he was going there? Clubs are supposed to be obligated by the NRL to inform the NRL of players' whereabouts in order for players to be easily located for random drug tests. IIRC there was a club warned/fined 2 or so years ago for not informing the NRL of a certain players' whereabouts when he was being sought by drug testers. Yet nothing was publically mentioned by the NRL that the Roosters had breached their obligations in the Mitchell Pearce case.
The NRL act tough and severe when it suits, ignoring other matters when it is desirable for them to do so.

When Craig Field and Kevin McGuiness were banished from the NRL for illicit drug use, was that an NRL-enforced ban?
How do you know he wasn't tested? The NRL doesn't conduct drug testing by the way, that is do by ASADA.

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2529
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 06 Jan, 2019 6:58 pm

supercoach wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 4:44 pm
The bottom line is,the NRL doesn’t care if there was intent to cheat or a innocent oversight, they both get put in the same basket. They want to send a strong message that any salary cap infringement for any reason will result in a big punishment.

I am okay with it if they treat all clubs the same but it is obvious to everyone they dont
Not quite everyone

User avatar
prattenparkchild
Member
Member
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun 07 May, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by prattenparkchild » Sun 06 Jan, 2019 7:05 pm

Sounds like the only thing WT should do is take back the job offer, since Farah has not accepted it anyway, and say they will review the situation a year to two after Farah retires. Its all hypothetical then.

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4339
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Sun 06 Jan, 2019 7:51 pm

cochise wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 5:47 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 5:37 pm
cochise wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 3:03 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 12:59 pm
Whether or not this contract for a post-NRL job is signed or not, is not the issue.

The accusations are that this role was to compensate Robbie for TPAs that he did not receive. If so, they argue that is cheating. If not, it is just NRL whingeing about not being informed officially (even though they already knew about it),

To me, NRL must believe they can prove that the job was offered to compensate for those cancelled TPAs, otherwise they wouldn't have proceeded. And that is the evidence I am looking forward to seeing. Anything less, and I think it proves their own bias.
It is not about the NRL whinging about being told. They have rules that they must be informed to prevent clubs rorting the cap by offering players a post career job.
NRL came out calling us salary cap cheats, Not that a mistake was made, but that we were deliberate salary cap cheats, If they don't have the evidence to prove our intent to cheat, then that is clear evidence of their bias.
Yes, one of the reasons I believe it was more than a mistake.
Punishment currently standing, makes me believe it's definitely not a mistake on pascoes part and more to it.
We'll all find out either way in a few weeks time.
No more plodders!
:sign:


Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2882
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Sun 06 Jan, 2019 11:23 pm

https://amp-smh-com-au.cdn.ampproject.o ... 50naj.html

This article - if correct - states that Go and the board were aware of the deal so why is Pascoe the sole fall guy?
And the issue they raise about Farah being welcomed back - do they really not know that it was Farahs realtionship with the then coach which was destabilizing. Cleary, new coach did not have the same issues and hence welcomed him back as was his role in recruiting.
Based on public information the NRLs case against Pascoe is questionable, even if the rules were breached.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 23059
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 07 Jan, 2019 7:32 am

Telltails wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 11:23 pm
https://amp-smh-com-au.cdn.ampproject.o ... 50naj.html

This article - if correct - states that Go and the board were aware of the deal so why is Pascoe the sole fall guy?
And the issue they raise about Farah being welcomed back - do they really not know that it was Farahs realtionship with the then coach which was destabilizing. Cleary, new coach did not have the same issues and hence welcomed him back as was his role in recruiting.
Based on public information the NRLs case against Pascoe is questionable, even if the rules were breached.
Cleary welcomed him back because he did not care about this club. His heart and mind were elsewhere. That’s why he re-signed him again. Wasn’t going to be his problem.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3664
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Mon 07 Jan, 2019 7:48 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 07 Jan, 2019 7:32 am
Telltails wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 11:23 pm
https://amp-smh-com-au.cdn.ampproject.o ... 50naj.html

This article - if correct - states that Go and the board were aware of the deal so why is Pascoe the sole fall guy?
And the issue they raise about Farah being welcomed back - do they really not know that it was Farahs realtionship with the then coach which was destabilizing. Cleary, new coach did not have the same issues and hence welcomed him back as was his role in recruiting.
Based on public information the NRLs case against Pascoe is questionable, even if the rules were breached.
Cleary welcomed him back because he did not care about this club. His heart and mind were elsewhere. That’s why he re-signed him again. Wasn’t going to be his problem.
You are drawing a very long bow there.Last year we needed a hooker badly because we didnt have an effective hooker at the club(Liddle injured) and we still had a season to be potentially saved.It didnt quite work but hardly due to Farah being a problem.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 23059
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 07 Jan, 2019 8:04 am

jadtiger wrote:
Mon 07 Jan, 2019 7:48 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 07 Jan, 2019 7:32 am
Telltails wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 11:23 pm
https://amp-smh-com-au.cdn.ampproject.o ... 50naj.html

This article - if correct - states that Go and the board were aware of the deal so why is Pascoe the sole fall guy?
And the issue they raise about Farah being welcomed back - do they really not know that it was Farahs realtionship with the then coach which was destabilizing. Cleary, new coach did not have the same issues and hence welcomed him back as was his role in recruiting.
Based on public information the NRLs case against Pascoe is questionable, even if the rules were breached.
Cleary welcomed him back because he did not care about this club. His heart and mind were elsewhere. That’s why he re-signed him again. Wasn’t going to be his problem.
You are drawing a very long bow there.Last year we needed a hooker badly because we didnt have an effective hooker at the club(Liddle injured) and we still had a season to be potentially saved.It didnt quite work but hardly due to Farah being a problem.
I don’t think it is. He did re-sign Farah and Marshall after the news broke that he was approached by Penrith. And his heart was never in this place. It was obvious long before Griffin was sacked. He appointed 5 captains, never showed interest in filling out the roster, even after the season had started. So I don’t see why he would have been so emotionally invested in bringing Farah back.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41835
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Mon 07 Jan, 2019 8:48 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 07 Jan, 2019 8:04 am
jadtiger wrote:
Mon 07 Jan, 2019 7:48 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 07 Jan, 2019 7:32 am
Telltails wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 11:23 pm
https://amp-smh-com-au.cdn.ampproject.o ... 50naj.html

This article - if correct - states that Go and the board were aware of the deal so why is Pascoe the sole fall guy?
And the issue they raise about Farah being welcomed back - do they really not know that it was Farahs realtionship with the then coach which was destabilizing. Cleary, new coach did not have the same issues and hence welcomed him back as was his role in recruiting.
Based on public information the NRLs case against Pascoe is questionable, even if the rules were breached.
Cleary welcomed him back because he did not care about this club. His heart and mind were elsewhere. That’s why he re-signed him again. Wasn’t going to be his problem.
You are drawing a very long bow there.Last year we needed a hooker badly because we didnt have an effective hooker at the club(Liddle injured) and we still had a season to be potentially saved.It didnt quite work but hardly due to Farah being a problem.
I don’t think it is. He did re-sign Farah and Marshall after the news broke that he was approached by Penrith. And his heart was never in this place. It was obvious long before Griffin was sacked. He appointed 5 captains, never showed interest in filling out the roster, even after the season had started. So I don’t see why he would have been so emotionally invested in bringing Farah back.
Farah proved a good on field signing , but if Cleary was in charge of the entire roster , he should have known the entire story behind Farah

It is obvious the NRL have been sniffing around this ever since he was re signed .........

IF the SMH article is on point ..........it looks shady ......and if it looks like a pig , smells like a pig .............. you know the outcome

rex2ce
Member
Member
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue 25 Mar, 2014 9:43 am
Location: Newcastle

Post by rex2ce » Tue 08 Jan, 2019 3:23 pm

Has anyone heard whether the club/Pascoe are going to defend the NRLS accusations, thought there would be some info by now

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 23059
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 08 Jan, 2019 3:27 pm

rex2ce wrote:
Tue 08 Jan, 2019 3:23 pm
Has anyone heard whether the club/Pascoe are going to defend the NRLS accusations, thought there would be some info by now
If there was info, it would be in this thread.

rex2ce
Member
Member
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue 25 Mar, 2014 9:43 am
Location: Newcastle

Post by rex2ce » Tue 08 Jan, 2019 4:11 pm

Very thoughtful answer mate, thanks very much

User avatar
hammertime
Member
Member
Posts: 2606
Joined: Sat 26 Sep, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Rozelle, NSW

Post by hammertime » Tue 08 Jan, 2019 4:30 pm

rex2ce wrote:
Tue 08 Jan, 2019 3:23 pm
Has anyone heard whether the club/Pascoe are going to defend the NRLS accusations, thought there would be some info by now
I assume they'll probably take the full month to pull together as much info as they can before executing the defence.

Speaking of which, grubby play by greenturd to do this over holiday season. Pascoe may not have had full access to his lawyer or others needed.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18500
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 08 Jan, 2019 5:55 pm

hammertime wrote:
Tue 08 Jan, 2019 4:30 pm
rex2ce wrote:
Tue 08 Jan, 2019 3:23 pm
Has anyone heard whether the club/Pascoe are going to defend the NRLS accusations, thought there would be some info by now
I assume they'll probably take the full month to pull together as much info as they can before executing the defence.

Speaking of which, grubby play by greenturd to do this over holiday season. Pascoe may not have had full access to his lawyer or others needed.
I suspect it was less likely about that and rather getting the negative crap out in the open before Christmas before he took off and wasn't answerable to anyone while on leave. Probably thinks the heat will ease off him when he returns and the game can somewhat the new year without new calamity.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5776
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Tue 08 Jan, 2019 6:20 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 08 Jan, 2019 5:55 pm
hammertime wrote:
Tue 08 Jan, 2019 4:30 pm
rex2ce wrote:
Tue 08 Jan, 2019 3:23 pm
Has anyone heard whether the club/Pascoe are going to defend the NRLS accusations, thought there would be some info by now
I assume they'll probably take the full month to pull together as much info as they can before executing the defence.

Speaking of which, grubby play by greenturd to do this over holiday season. Pascoe may not have had full access to his lawyer or others needed.
I suspect it was less likely about that and rather getting the negative crap out in the open before Christmas before he took off and wasn't answerable to anyone while on leave. Probably thinks the heat will ease off him when he returns and the game can somewhat the new year without new calamity.
More likely it was just handed down when the findings were concluded.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33207
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by willow » Tue 08 Jan, 2019 7:29 pm

rex2ce wrote:
Tue 08 Jan, 2019 3:23 pm
Has anyone heard whether the club/Pascoe are going to defend the NRLS accusations, thought there would be some info by now
They're preparing a legal defence - not the type of thing that is usually disclosed to the public.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6517
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Tue 08 Jan, 2019 8:32 pm

willow wrote:
Tue 08 Jan, 2019 7:29 pm
rex2ce wrote:
Tue 08 Jan, 2019 3:23 pm
Has anyone heard whether the club/Pascoe are going to defend the NRLS accusations, thought there would be some info by now
They're preparing a legal defence - not the type of thing that is usually disclosed to the public.
Good to hear, I hope we make the public aware of how idiotic the morons are that are cruelling the game, would like to see the roosters salary cap exposed, but that won't happen because they are not cheating according to these morons :bash
Go hard or go home

Post Reply