Support Justin

Wests Tigers Discussion
Toowoomba Tiger

Support Justin

Post by Toowoomba Tiger » Wed 19 Dec, 2018 2:54 pm

I feel we need a dedicated thread just to show support to our clubs CEO.

I for one am left disillusioned with Greenberg and the NRL for the fines and penalties handed down to the Wests Tigers.

However, I am even more upset with the deregistering of Justin Pascoe and the fact his integrity has been tainted.

I have supported Wests Tigers since their inauguration and Balmain Tigers even longer. I have seen plenty of ups and down over those years and have more recently developed a great appreciation for what Justin has done for our club and the manner in which he conducts himself whilst representing the players, the coaches, the board, the club administrators and us fans.

I feel Justin has been the true leader of Wests Tigers since his appointment as CEO and has always acted with respect for the governing bodies rules and policies. To see him deregistered for something as simple as a 'good will gesture' to a club legend, that under no circumstances can be seen as advantageous to the clubs salary cap position is quite unbelievable.

In my opinion, Justin, nor the Wests Tigers have cheated, or deceived, yet he is being tarred with the same brush as others who have blatantly cheated the salary cap or defied the NRL's rules and policies.

Stand strong Justin and defend your integrity. Don't go down without once again standing up for our club and yourself personally.

You have my support for one and I feel in due time common sense will prevail, and your character will prove to be held in much higher regard than... we'll lets just say, the 'big wig' at the NRL.
previously known as 'The Tooth'

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Wed 19 Dec, 2018 2:57 pm

This x 1 million.

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Wed 19 Dec, 2018 3:00 pm

Rough justice as the punishment certainly does not fit the "crime". Justin has my full support!!

tigertuff

Post by tigertuff » Wed 19 Dec, 2018 3:01 pm

He has got my full support - best CEO the Wests Tigers have had.

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Wed 19 Dec, 2018 3:05 pm

We are all behind you justin
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Wed 19 Dec, 2018 3:09 pm

Fight it mate and don't take any prisoners along the way. The only way to fight bullies is with fire.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Wed 19 Dec, 2018 3:15 pm

Has my 100% support. I just blatantly think the NRL have got this wrong in all ways.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Wed 19 Dec, 2018 3:22 pm

Even thought I don't generally think petitions go far we should do something to show him out supportto Pascoe ?

Emailing him might not work as he may not have access given what has happened ?

Anyone with any ideas of how we can show written report other with some words or a signature or a Facebook page or something ?

Tiger78

Post by Tiger78 » Wed 19 Dec, 2018 3:25 pm

I am deadset ropeable about this decision so peed off. We would be the least corrupt club in the comp you only need to look at our roster to see that. We always seem to get hammered for any little thing when blind freddy can see what goes on at numerous other clubs. Maybe we are too honest for our own good. 100% behind Pascoe and fingers crossed they can get the situation sorted and he can stay on as Ceo of our club cause imo he has done a wonderful job.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Wed 19 Dec, 2018 3:34 pm

Someone get a petition going on change.org

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Wed 19 Dec, 2018 3:34 pm

Agreed. Justin did seem to be heading in the right direction and a decent guy.

Yet I can see how offering a job to Farah could be disguising a cap payment.
The punishment is too harsh for the crime. But Hey, NRL you are dishing out Harsh punishments GREAT.

NRL, when are you going to investigate Nick Politis and if he has breached guidelines will he be banned for life?

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Wed 19 Dec, 2018 3:35 pm

The actions of the NRL have certanly damaged Pascoe's reputation and questioned his integrity
I hope he fights this, wins and gets Greenburg sacked.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Wed 19 Dec, 2018 3:38 pm

Stuff a thread.
I intend on creating a protest of some sorts.

I love rugby league but the nrl has lost me.
I need suggestions as to how to best make a statement.

I’m thinking of 1stly calling the club and donating my membership to charity.

I’ll probably cancel my sports package on Fox and not watch any league until this has a resolution.

I’m only one guy but I want to know if this is going to make an impact.
Is this going to send the right message of support of the club or would it be letting the tigers down by the NRL losing my support for the year?

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Wed 19 Dec, 2018 3:48 pm

Count me in on anything the forum has in mind to clear Pascoe and West Tigers from today's despicable very unfair decisions from Toad Greenburg against Pascoe and the Wests Tigers. The club must fight because Greenburg has the club's destruction in his sights so he can place a feather in his cap and replace Wests Tigers with a club from Papua New Guinea.

I can still remember Kevin Humphreys doing a similar thing with Newtown in 1982 before they were kicked out of the competition by Humphreys who by that time had racked up a huge gambling debt. A royal commission found that Humphreys had been associated with malpractice and In October 1983, Humphreys was fined $4000 and placed on a two-year good behaviour bond.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 19 Dec, 2018 3:50 pm

I'm a bit stuffed for what next. I'm happy to give my support to Justin Pascoe however I can because the punishment does not fit the crime, if there was a crime. Any direct protest I make will only hurt the club but as of now, I've had it with the NRL.
"Quality Stupidity"

fibrodreaming

Post by fibrodreaming » Wed 19 Dec, 2018 3:51 pm

TopTiger wrote:
Wed 19 Dec, 2018 3:00 pm
Rough justice as the punishment certainly does not fit the "crime". Justin has my full support!!
This is all very distressing, but we don't know all the details and we don't know what evidence the NRL have.

I'd like to think that the club has behaved honourably and above board - but the reality is that we don't know for sure.

The punishments appear excessive, particularly for Pascoe, but this only suggests that the NRL has some real dirt on him/WT.

It's a real body blow, just as we seemed to emerging from a dark period.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Wed 19 Dec, 2018 3:56 pm

Happy for it to be decided in court. I actually don't doubt that Pascoe has tried to do something shady and got caught. The fine seems excessive though
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Bozo97

Post by Bozo97 » Wed 19 Dec, 2018 4:08 pm

Sabre wrote:
Wed 19 Dec, 2018 3:34 pm