Support Justin

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
hammertime
Member
Member
Posts: 2606
Joined: Sat 26 Sep, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Rozelle, NSW

Re: Support Justin

Post by hammertime » Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:42 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:11 pm
Not sure that it is fair that Wests and Pascoe cannot meet to co-ordinate their defence.
100%. I'm not exactly sure how the NRL has the power to mandate things like that. I suppose it's easy when you both write and enforce the rules.


User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29769
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:59 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:11 pm
Not sure that it is fair that Wests and Pascoe cannot meet to co-ordinate their defence.
I'm sure it's not fair.. It stinks

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3664
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Wed 26 Dec, 2018 10:10 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:11 pm
Not sure that it is fair that Wests and Pascoe cannot meet to co-ordinate their defence.
Kangaroo court of the NRL(National Rorters League)

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4339
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Wed 26 Dec, 2018 10:26 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:11 pm
Not sure that it is fair that Wests and Pascoe cannot meet to co-ordinate their defence.
It's not. NRL is basically, judge and jury.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2529
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 26 Dec, 2018 10:57 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:59 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:11 pm
Not sure that it is fair that Wests and Pascoe cannot meet to co-ordinate their defence.
I'm sure it's not fair.. It stinks
Nazi state


goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6449
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 27 Dec, 2018 6:30 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Wed 19 Dec, 2018 4:21 pm
I feel totally abandoned by the game I have loved. I’ve been saying for ages that broncos get an unfair advantage - well now I’ll call it like it is - the NRL CHEATS. Run by the two biggest dickheads ever to hold management positions.
Roosters obviously Rort the cap - nothing
Broncos favoured every week - nothing
Sharks caught using drugs - next to nothing
Players rape women - next to nothing

I’m not a hate filled person but I could not be angrier than I feel now. The punishment fished out to our club is abhorrent.

I’ll write to that useless turd at the NRL again but as has happened in the past the useless [automatically edited] will not respond.

Justin Pascoe on the other hand has responded every time I’ve communicated with him.

He is a great leader and I’ll be a part of any action to defend him or lodge our protest.
I have a feeling that the days of getting a gentle slap on the hand is over( if you call 12 ,points gentle).
This off season has been so bad for the NRL, that they had to draw a line in the sand, and I think that, it’s been drawn on a few different fronts,
The thing that gets me , is that if we’ve cheated the cap, we’ve done it with very little advantage to us , seems that we dont even cheat very well,
Justin may be a nice bloke but I think there’s a lot more to come out of this.
And il wait till the full story comes out before anointing him as A great anything.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6449
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 27 Dec, 2018 6:33 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 10:57 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:59 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:11 pm
Not sure that it is fair that Wests and Pascoe cannot meet to co-ordinate their defence.
I'm sure it's not fair.. It stinks
Nazi state
Maybe it’s to stop them from cooking up excuses, which if we are guilty, is fair enough.

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2524
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Thu 27 Dec, 2018 8:48 am

No offense but i have to laugh that people think getting rid of Todd Greenberg will fix anything. The whole organisation is corrupt. Greenberg is just the spokesman for the movement.
Its an opinion!

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41835
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Thu 27 Dec, 2018 9:18 am

It would interesting to hear what Sam Ayoub's thoughts on whether he thought the deal was under the table or legitimate

And if it was illegitimate why isn't he getting a piece of barbed wire shoved up his clacker as well

Or perhaps Sam come through with his promise ......

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... c14a7fb76c

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5267
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Thu 27 Dec, 2018 12:05 pm

hammertime wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:42 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:11 pm
Not sure that it is fair that Wests and Pascoe cannot meet to co-ordinate their defence.
100%. I'm not exactly sure how the NRL has the power to mandate things like that. I suppose it's easy when you both write and enforce the rules.
The NRL have destroyed Justin Pascoes reputation and taken away his livelihood for what really on the scope of things ... There are laws in this country that need to be adhered to watch this space as the New year will be interesting regarding this matter IMO.

User avatar
mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1775
Joined: Mon 28 Jun, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: Hornsby

Post by mike » Thu 27 Dec, 2018 7:00 pm

Snake wrote:
Thu 27 Dec, 2018 12:05 pm
hammertime wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:42 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:11 pm
Not sure that it is fair that Wests and Pascoe cannot meet to co-ordinate their defence.
100%. I'm not exactly sure how the NRL has the power to mandate things like that. I suppose it's easy when you both write and enforce the rules.
The NRL have destroyed Justin Pascoes reputation and taken away his livelihood for what really on the scope of things ... There are laws in this country that need to be adhered to watch this space as the New year will be interesting regarding this matter IMO.
Exactly. There are laws of the Country and State and you cannot contract them away. Indeed the New Year could be very interesting.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2529
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Thu 27 Dec, 2018 8:29 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 27 Dec, 2018 6:33 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 10:57 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:59 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:11 pm
Not sure that it is fair that Wests and Pascoe cannot meet to co-ordinate their defence.
I'm sure it's not fair.. It stinks
Nazi state
Maybe it’s to stop them from cooking up excuses, which if we are guilty, is fair enough.
Innocent until proven guilty mate. How are they supposed to mount a defense if they can't even talk with each other - stupidity of the highest level.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5641
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 27 Dec, 2018 8:33 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 27 Dec, 2018 6:33 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 10:57 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:59 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:11 pm
Not sure that it is fair that Wests and Pascoe cannot meet to co-ordinate their defence.
I'm sure it's not fair.. It stinks
Nazi state
Maybe it’s to stop them from cooking up excuses, which if we are guilty, is fair enough.
IF we are guilty, fair enough. IF we are not guilty, it's absolute BS. You seem to heavily favour the GUILTY side of the ledger hey?

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41835
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Thu 27 Dec, 2018 8:34 pm

mike wrote:
Thu 27 Dec, 2018 7:00 pm
Snake wrote:
Thu 27 Dec, 2018 12:05 pm
hammertime wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:42 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:11 pm
Not sure that it is fair that Wests and Pascoe cannot meet to co-ordinate their defence.
100%. I'm not exactly sure how the NRL has the power to mandate things like that. I suppose it's easy when you both write and enforce the rules.
The NRL have destroyed Justin Pascoes reputation and taken away his livelihood for what really on the scope of things ... There are laws in this country that need to be adhered to watch this space as the New year will be interesting regarding this matter IMO.
Exactly. There are laws of the Country and State and you cannot contract them away. Indeed the New Year could be very interesting.
Well if Pascoe is found not guilty by the NRL , we will have every opportunity to countersue with a defamation suit

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5641
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 27 Dec, 2018 8:38 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 27 Dec, 2018 8:48 am
No offense but i have to laugh that people think getting rid of Todd Greenberg will fix anything. The whole organisation is corrupt. Greenberg is just the spokesman for the movement.
If the CEO isn't running the show and calling all the shots, then who is? Greenberg the grubby faeces-lice is as seedy as it gets, the little germ would be more than having his 2 bob's worth of input without a doubt.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5641
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 27 Dec, 2018 8:51 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 27 Dec, 2018 8:34 pm
mike wrote:
Thu 27 Dec, 2018 7:00 pm
Snake wrote:
Thu 27 Dec, 2018 12:05 pm
hammertime wrote:
Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:42 pm


100%. I'm not exactly sure how the NRL has the power to mandate things like that. I suppose it's easy when you both write and enforce the rules.
The NRL have destroyed Justin Pascoes reputation and taken away his livelihood for what really on the scope of things ... There are laws in this country that need to be adhered to watch this space as the New year will be interesting regarding this matter IMO.
Exactly. There are laws of the Country and State and you cannot contract them away. Indeed the New Year could be very interesting.
Well if Pascoe is found not guilty by the NRL , we will have every opportunity to countersue with a defamation suit
Cant see a chance in hell that he would be found not guilty by the NRL themselves....they already have him pegged as guilty. He may however stand a chance in a court of law.

User avatar
Swordy
Member
Member
Posts: 1980
Joined: Fri 02 Jul, 2010 9:34 pm

Post by Swordy » Thu 27 Dec, 2018 9:12 pm

Not sure how you can de-register someone and at the same time give them 30 days to show cause.

The damage to his reputation already, regardless of the outcome in 30 days, especially when he was de-registered on the very same day another official was de-registerd WITH cause is offensive.

Smart play would have been to do this behind closed doors and then de-register AFTER the 30 days if required, or, leave him in place with a warning notice of investigation.

This is a significant official with a high profile reputation. It's very poor corporately and operationally by the NRL. I hope Pascoe gives it to them guilty or not. I support A penalty if guilty of course.....
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2524
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Thu 27 Dec, 2018 11:26 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Thu 27 Dec, 2018 8:38 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Thu 27 Dec, 2018 8:48 am
No offense but i have to laugh that people think getting rid of Todd Greenberg will fix anything. The whole organisation is corrupt. Greenberg is just the spokesman for the movement.
If the CEO isn't running the show and calling all the shots, then who is? Greenberg the grubby faeces-lice is as seedy as it gets, the little germ would be more than having his 2 bob's worth of input without a doubt.
Of course he is putting his stamp on things. He does have some power. Its more like a political party however. Its not always the leaders who call the shots, its the party heavy weights, the power brokers. The influence that comes from investors, lobbying from big business etc.

Removing Greenberg wont do much.

Youd need to look at the Politis's the Gould's of the world. The guys who have a seat at the top of the food chain who wield power and influence decision making.
Its an opinion!

Post Reply