Wests Tigers Discussion
Tigerdave

Re: Support Justin

Post by Tigerdave » Wed 19 Dec, 2018 11:45 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 19 Dec, 2018 4:50 pm
Tigerdave wrote:
Wed 19 Dec, 2018 4:13 pm
Question, how long is the deregistration for?
Thats a good question dave and I dont think ive seen it mentioned in any of the articles Ive read on it.
Makes you wonder how difficult will the NRL make re-registering for him again if he gets to that point wether its with us or some other club?
Yeah, I mean if he's only out for a year, well then we can just get him back surely. Seems like a massive reaction from the NRL a tad harsh given what it was about.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Thu 20 Dec, 2018 12:25 am

For the penalties to be this harsh the NRL must have some very solid evidence.

Hopefully we can get a reduction in the cap penalty at the very least.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 20 Dec, 2018 12:36 am

Is it possible to contact /support Justin on a personal email address , obviously he can't reply from his WT's one

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Thu 20 Dec, 2018 1:03 am

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Thu 20 Dec, 2018 12:25 am
For the penalties to be this harsh the NRL must have some very solid evidence.

Hopefully we can get a reduction in the cap penalty at the very least.
That's my thinking also at the moment.
They must have some very solid evidence to hit not only us but Justin with these harsh penalties. Find out in due course once appeal has been lodged, I guess..
No more plodders!
:sign:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 20 Dec, 2018 1:03 am

Just sent an /email letter to the NRL

I've had an idea .....lets send a piece of WT's gear we have to the NRL as a protest , doesn't have to be a jersey , can be a stubby cooler , keyring , sock

What's the address ??

Anyone want to get this idea on facebook

Lets bombard them with crap ....let them pay the excess dumping bills with JJ Richards

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Thu 20 Dec, 2018 1:30 am

I don't care what 'evidence' they think they have on us, the alleged over expenditure is for a period a couple of years in the future.

They are sentencing us because they have proof that we are going to break the cap? That's bull manure.!!

Forget Jason Taylor, where's that dog Cleary been in all this. He better not be involved, imagine the retributions on him if he supplied some of this "evidence".
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Thu 20 Dec, 2018 2:02 am

TigerTiger wrote:
Thu 20 Dec, 2018 1:30 am
I don't care what 'evidence' they think they have on us, the alleged over expenditure is for a period a couple of years in the future.

They are sentencing us because they have proof that we are going to break the cap? That's bull manure.!!

Forget Jason Taylor, where's that dog Cleary been in all this. He better not be involved, imagine the retributions on him if he supplied some of this "evidence".
Exactly right. We are getting punished for a possible payment in the future. Cameron Smith got profit for a testimonial match that was outside the salary cap apparently and he's not even retiring!!

I've been pissed off all day. Even doing all they said we are still under the cap!!

This is one the where I wish we could swear on this site haha

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Thu 20 Dec, 2018 3:03 am

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 20 Dec, 2018 1:03 am

I've had an idea .....lets send a piece of WT's gear we have to the NRL as a protest , doesn't have to be a jersey , can be a stubby cooler , keyring , sock

What's the address ??

Lets bombard them with crap ....let them pay the excess dumping bills with JJ Richards
It will just come out of our cap!
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Thu 20 Dec, 2018 7:50 am

I have been off the grid for most of the the last few days

This is not a joke, This is a very poor move by NRL.

Todd Greenburg is a politician who cowers to pressure will be the subject of a Wests Tigers backlash.

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Thu 20 Dec, 2018 8:13 am

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 20 Dec, 2018 1:03 am

What's the address ??

Happy, I don’t know if it helps, but I have learnt a few things about social movements and how they make meaningful change. The quick background is I have been running a big change the law campaign this year, we have met politicians, been on TV, newspapers, have thousands of people supporting us.

First lesson for me was;
Australians stopped giving a sh!t if it involves doing anything beyond typing a reply on Facebook/ social media or pressing like somewhere.

It’s been well documented that issues that other countries will protest or stand up to, Australians expect their leaders to do it rather than them self. Aussies then blame leaders when no change happens, despite them doing NOTHING themself. BUT there are a small number of people that are not bleating sheep and will stand with you and help massively

Second lesson:
Change only happens when loads of people come together and publicly stand up. It always starts from a small group of people who are deeply motivated coming together to organise it, mobilise it and then stick it out till change is done.

If you want to start something, find 10 others who are actually willing to be the core and get them on a phone call. Build your core, agree your path and then mobilise around a solution.

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Thu 20 Dec, 2018 8:15 am

Whoops sorry for disguised swear word. I mean it as the saying.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 22 Dec, 2018 5:56 am

How is this coming along...?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 22 Dec, 2018 10:37 am

Todd hasn't replied to my email from Wednesday night

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 22 Dec, 2018 10:54 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 22 Dec, 2018 10:37 am
Todd hasn't replied to my email from Wednesday night
I am sure that he has very important things on his mind right now. Things like his future livelihood.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 22 Dec, 2018 11:07 am

Spartan117 wrote:
Thu 20 Dec, 2018 7:50 am
I have been off the grid for most of the the last few days

This is not a joke, This is a very poor move by NRL.

Todd Greenburg is a politician who cowers to pressure will be the subject of a Wests Tigers backlash.
Todd Greenburg has tied the NRL to the Berejilian Government with the stadiums policy. It is not a good look when many families are finding it hard to make ends meet and we have many, kids homeless and living on the streets. Should Labor win the State and also Federal elections, it would be very difficult for Greenburg to continue as CEO. I can't imagine Daley would be wanting to do any favours for him. His poor reading of politics is probably consistent with the period at the Bulldogs.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 22 Dec, 2018 2:44 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Wed 19 Dec, 2018 7:40 pm
Tommy Magpie wrote:
Wed 19 Dec, 2018 5:26 pm
People - it is great to vent on here but it wont do anything.

You need to get on to the NRL. They need to be bombarded with complaints.

You can contact them via nrl.com. I have today. Received two replies already. Just the standard response:

In regards to the incident with the Wests Tigers, the rules are clear around post-career roles. This type of agreement could be used by a club to keep a player at a reduced salary and a way around the cap. The payment should have been disclosed by the club and included in their salary cap.

It is important to stress these are preliminary findings and the club and Mr Pascoe have been given a reasonable time to respond to the proposed penalties.

Thanks again for taking the time to write to us.

They need lots of complaints so they cant ignore the masses.
As above, and let's hit the NRL where they fear the most. Their pockets. Sponsorship and TV rights is their number one concern - if there is a way we could impact upon that, then the NRL would take notice.
The hip pocket is the only thing the NRL is interested in. The more supporters stop going to games the more the NRL will take notice.
Would love to see a march on NRL HQ demanding Greenberg resign. There would be heaps of supporters of most NRL clubs willing to support such a demonstration I am sure, getting all of them off their backsides and attending the march would be the hard part.
Greenberg has been slowly killing our game for years now, something drastic needs to be done to unseat the maggot ASAP.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 22 Dec, 2018 5:45 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 22 Dec, 2018 2:44 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Tommy Magpie wrote:

You can contact them via nrl.com. I have today. Received two replies already. Just the standard response:

In regards to the incident with the Wests Tigers, the rules are clear around post-career roles. This type of agreement could be used by a club to keep a player at a reduced salary and a way around the cap. The payment should have been disclosed by the club and included in their salary cap.

It is important to stress these are preliminary findings and the club and Mr Pascoe have been given a reasonable time to respond to the proposed penalties.

As above, and let's hit the NRL where they fear the most. Their pockets. Sponsorship and TV rights is their number one concern - if there is a way we could impact upon that, then the NRL would take notice.
The hip pocket is the only thing the NRL is interested in.The more supporters stop going to games the more the NRL will take notice.
Would love to see a march on NRL HQ demanding Greenberg resign. There would be heaps of supporters of most NRL clubs willing to support such a demonstration I am sure, getting all of them off their backsides and attending the march would be the hard part.
Greenberg has been slowly killing our game for years now, something drastic needs to be done to unseat the maggot ASAP.
Finally something worth agreeing with you about. You can claim till you are blue in the face that you, your neighbeours and your neighbours neighbours are turning away from the game, but until it’s felt through the revenue, it’s insignificsnt. The truth is, the brand will always be vialbe. There will always be more than triple the amount of people watching opposed to the ones who take their ball and go home. The house always wins.

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Sat 22 Dec, 2018 5:54 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 22 Dec, 2018 5:45 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 22 Dec, 2018 2:44 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Tommy Magpie wrote:

The hip pocket is the only thing the NRL is interested in.The more supporters stop going to games the more the NRL will take notice.
Finally something worth agreeing with you about. You can claim till you are blue in the face that you, your neighbeours and your neighbours neighbours are turning away from the game, but until it’s felt through the revenue, it’s insignificsnt. The truth is, the brand will always be vialbe. There will always be more than triple the amount of people watching opposed to the ones who take their ball and go home. The house always wins.
i can just imagine greenberg's face when he turns on the news when he is on his holidays, only to find articles about protests about him :roll
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell