More bad behaviour

Wests Tigers Discussion
Tiger Steve

Re: More bad behaviour

Post by Tiger Steve » Wed 09 Jan, 2019 9:52 am

I’m looking forward to watching Marsters in the centres this year. I really like the way Maguire used him in the NZ tests. He was running hard straight lines, hitting the ball at pace. I hope this is how he is used this year,
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 09 Jan, 2019 9:55 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 08 Jan, 2019 4:16 pm
matchball wrote:
Tue 08 Jan, 2019 12:49 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 08 Jan, 2019 12:09 pm
matchball wrote:
Tue 08 Jan, 2019 12:05 pm

You're missing the point and over dramatising as usual.
Rape is one thing but flirting with a girl is another, don't mix the two as they aren't even related.

Women know what they are doing, had this been a regular guy touching her thigh she would have told him to get lost creep and that would have been the end of it as there would have been nothing gained for her.
You don't hear about her flirting or lead up that gave him the confidence to touch her, social cues and all that.

The verdict proves it was nothing more than a touchy flirt but the guy gets his life turned upside down because he is in the public eye and has some money.
Who are you to judge what’s too far and what isn’t it?
I'm judging as a man. A man that has flirted with women all my life. You feed off the feedback a woman gives whether to make a move or not.
You're a man right? If so, you should understand the basics of human interaction between man and a woman.
It's become a toxic environment for men. I'm glad I'm not out there trying to pick up women anymore. You need a contract just to attempt to kiss a girl it seems.

In the end the judge seems to agree. Sexual assault wasn't committed and q man's reputation is in tatters for seemingly a harmless show of affection.
I'm going to agree with Matchball

It's very hard when I have staff who have lost family members /broken up with partners .......you want to hug them and make it OK but as a male you just can't in this day and age
Very delicate and we can't really tell from here. Scott Bolton might legitimately have no idea of normal social cues - wouldn't surprise me in a prominent footballer. He might also have a very low threshold for what he considers appropriate or consent; I think about the Doggies incident last year where you had blokes touching each other's genitals in public and they didn't think it weird.

Or maybe Bolton has normal perceptions of non-verbal cues and the woman provided mixed or inappropriate signals. That also wouldn't surprise me, the number of women I know who can't properly read the intentions of a man still shocks me.

I was discussing recently with a mate the Aziz Ansari case, where he invited a woman to his place after a date, she accepted, and he attempted to gain consent to have sex. She was hesitant and claimed to have given non-verbal cues, then finally told him in words, at which time he backed right off and she left unmolested. Ultimately I get the impression that Ansari has been publicly exonerated, but not without being put through the wringers first. Probably doesn't hurt that he's a little fellow and not some 7 ft barbarian.

I told my mate my ultimate thought is that a woman can say "no" at any time, of course, but also women need to vocalise that feeling as early as possible. Yes many women are worried about offending or possibly enraging a man, but also men aren't mind readers. Think of how many husbands don't understand or perceive why their wives are cranky, the old cliche, then apply that generally to dudes trying get their ends in. You would think that only sociopaths would keep trying if a woman says "no" to their face.

Also, women need to understand that if a man invites you back to his place, or you invite him to yours, that there is a very very very good chance he's hoping for a root. This should be taught to women in schools, so we are all clear that men are typically very interested and eager to root women, with consent. So if you are not interested or not sure, better to decline and avoid the chance. It's the same idea as not walking home by yourself in the dark - you of course have every right to expect to be safe walking anywhere any time, but also The Real World exists.

Or perhaps we do what pigeons or many other birds do and develop a copulation dance posture, so it's official and obvious that we are trying to mate.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Wed 09 Jan, 2019 10:30 am

The thing men need to be mindful of is that if a woman touches a man inappropriately without consent they would on most occasions welcome it and see where it goes, or reject the advances and laugh it off.
On the other hand on most occasions if a man inappropriately touches a woman without consent they will likely find themselves in court with a possible conviction.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Wed 09 Jan, 2019 10:41 am

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 09 Jan, 2019 9:55 am
happy tiger wrote:
matchball wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

I'm judging as a man. A man that has flirted with women all my life. You feed off the feedback a woman gives whether to make a move or not.
You're a man right? If so, you should understand the basics of human interaction between man and a woman.
It's become a toxic environment for men. I'm glad I'm not out there trying to pick up women anymore. You need a contract just to attempt to kiss a girl it seems.

In the end the judge seems to agree. Sexual assault wasn't committed and q man's reputation is in tatters for seemingly a harmless show of affection.

It's very hard when I have staff who have lost family members /broken up with partners .......you want to hug them and make it OK but as a male you just can't in this day and age
Very delicate and we can't really tell from here. Scott Bolton might legitimately have no idea of normal social cues - wouldn't surprise me in a prominent footballer. He might also have a very low threshold for what he considers appropriate or consent; I think about the Doggies incident last year where you had blokes touching each other's genitals in public and they didn't think it weird.

Or maybe Bolton has normal perceptions of non-verbal cues and the woman provided mixed or inappropriate signals. That also wouldn't surprise me, the number of women I know who can't properly read the intentions of a man still shocks me.

I was discussing recently with a mate the Aziz Ansari case, where he invited a woman to his place after a date, she accepted, and he attempted to gain consent to have sex. She was hesitant and claimed to have given non-verbal cues, then finally told him in words, at which time he backed right off and she left unmolested. Ultimately I get the impression that Ansari has been publicly exonerated, but not without being put through the wringers first. Probably doesn't hurt that he's a little fellow and not some 7 ft barbarian.

I told my mate my ultimate thought is that a woman can say "no" at any time, of course, but also women need to vocalise that feeling as early as possible. Yes many women are worried about offending or possibly enraging a man, but also men aren't mind readers. Think of how many husbands don't understand or perceive why their wives are cranky, the old cliche, then apply that generally to dudes trying get their ends in. You would think that only sociopaths would keep trying if a woman says "no" to their face.

Also, women need to understand that if a man invites you back to his place, or you invite him to yours, that there is a very very very good chance he's hoping for a root. This should be taught to women in schools, so we are all clear that men are typically very interested and eager to root women, with consent. So if you are not interested or not sure, better to decline and avoid the chance. It's the same idea as not walking home by yourself in the dark - you of course have every right to expect to be safe walking anywhere any time, but also The Real World exists.

Or perhaps we do what pigeons or many other birds do and develop a copulation dance posture, so it's official and obvious that we are trying to mate.
Your right. Id say if a woman invites a man back or vice versa it's 100% chance the man thinks he's getting a root.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 09 Jan, 2019 12:12 pm

jirskyr wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
matchball wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Very entertaining post!
I wanna know what this "bonkology" class in schools is going to be called?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 09 Jan, 2019 12:22 pm

jirskyr wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
matchball wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Yeah as I said , I don't think there would be a bloke out there who hasn't misread a girls intentions at least once

The one from my perspective was after my brothers wedding (many years ago ) a heap of us went out afterwards and this girl (who i had known since primary school ) and I were doing the Lambada together

She was definitely rubbing herself against me and I took it as her wanting to take our friendship to another level , she just wanted to dance with me because she thought I was a good dancer ......

It got real real quick , fortunately we were able to sort it out reasonably quickly as well

That's how easy it is ..............but the key from my and the laws prospective is this .........if you stop when she says no ......your fine, you may get a warning ......if not ..............

The workplace is the worst though ........I know someone who has currently being asked to show cause .....because of a comment he made when he didn't even realize someone was in the room behind him

And the comment was not even aimed at this person , he said something along the lines of "i wish my Mrs legs would open this easily " and this person heard it while he had earplugs on

What makes it worse is the employer gave him 5 days to respond and all the legal firms were closed for Xmas

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 09 Jan, 2019 2:38 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Wed 09 Jan, 2019 12:12 pm
jirskyr wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
matchball wrote:

Very entertaining post!
I wanna know what this "bonkology" class in schools is going to be called?
Ah I believe it's 2 Unit Bonkology

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Wed 09 Jan, 2019 3:30 pm

Cowboys to employ minders for players after player admits assault
By Laine Clark
9 January 2019 — 11:28am
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Send via Email
Normal text sizeLarger text sizeVery large text size
Leave a comment

North Queensland will employ minders for players after forward Scott Bolton admitted to drunkenly touching a woman's upper thigh in a Sydney court this week.

Cowboys coach Paul Green said they would introduce extra safety measures for players when they go out socially in future after Bolton pleaded guilty to common assault in Waverley Local Court on Monday.

Video Player is loading.Pause
Unmute
Current Time
0:00
/
Duration
1:09

Fullscreen

Scott Bolton pleads guilty to assault
Play video
1:09

Scott Bolton pleads guilty to assault
Playing...
NRL veteran Scott Bolton has pleaded guilty to the common assault of a woman in a Sydney bar. Speaking to the media outside Waverley Court, North Queensland Cowboys football manager Peter Parr announces the court's decision.

Green said the Cowboys were also in discussions with the NRL over a possible penalty for the married prop regarding the charge.

Bolton avoided conviction and was put on a 12-month good behaviour release order after a charge of indecent assault was withdrawn over the incident at Bondi Beach Public Bar in May last year.

Advertisement

Green said players would also be educated on ways to better "look out for each other" when in public.

"Unfortunately it's the world we live in these days," Green said.

"We need to be well prepared from that point of view. We have taken steps to make sure that when we do go out in public it's a safe environment for everyone."

Asked if the Cowboys would employ minders in future, Green said: "It's a lot of different things.

"It's having people there [minders], it's making sure we have people looking out for each other.

"Making sure that when we can see a situation unfolding that we don't want to put ourselves in we try and nip that in the bud."

Bolton has returned to Cowboys pre-season training after his court appearance.

North Queensland Cowboys player Scott Bolton (centre) entering Waverley Court.
North Queensland Cowboys player Scott Bolton (centre) entering Waverley Court.CREDIT:JAMES BRICKWOOD

Following discussions with police, an indecent assault charge was withdrawn and the 31-year-old pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of common assault.

Green could not confirm whether the NRL would also penalise Bolton.

"It's been a really tough period for him understandably. It's been fairly stressful but he's come back pretty well," Green said.

Comment is being sought from the NRL.

"But we have to remember that initially the charge was indecent assault and that charge got dropped," Green said.

"I think that has been a bit lost in all this. People need to remember that.

"But there's no doubt it affected everyone [at the Cowboys]. But right from day one he denied any indecent dealings from his point of view.

"The club has supported Scott on that. It's been our stance the whole way through.

"It was not ideal but I think it was a good sign of the culture that we stuck by him here."

AAP

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Wed 09 Jan, 2019 7:22 pm

I'm surprised they don't have minders already.
Paid mates. Wonder if that's under the salary cap.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 09 Jan, 2019 10:50 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Wed 09 Jan, 2019 7:22 pm
I'm surprised they don't have minders already.
Paid mates. Wonder if that's under the salary cap.
Paid mates- free grog and free crumpet! Sign me up thanks. Just need to become mates with a few of them now. :P

Magpie4life

Post by Magpie4life » Wed 09 Jan, 2019 11:02 pm

This case seems very confusing to me. On the night and until the court case she claims he grabbed her nether regions. He has claimed since it was her thigh. Surely she knows the difference between the two body parts. He. claims he was very drunk and the whole night was a blur. How was the charge downgraded to Common assault from Indecent? To be fair, she hasn’t come out screaming injustice and apparently agreed with the plea bargain. He must have grabbed that thigh very vigorously! Bolton was one very lucky peanut. Regardless, he will be on very long gardening leave you would imagine. This was Cowboys sanctioned drink fest I assume. What punishment awaits the Cowboys? Also, why wasn’t Bolton stood down for the next match at the very least?

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Thu 10 Jan, 2019 6:53 am

Magpie4life wrote:
Wed 09 Jan, 2019 11:02 pm
This case seems very confusing to me. On the night and until the court case she claims he grabbed her nether regions. He has claimed since it was her thigh. Surely she knows the difference between the two body parts. He. claims he was very drunk and the whole night was a blur. How was the charge downgraded to Common assault from Indecent? To be fair, she hasn’t come out screaming injustice and apparently agreed with the plea bargain. He must have grabbed that thigh very vigorously! Bolton was one very lucky peanut. Regardless, he will be on very long gardening leave you would imagine. This was Cowboys sanctioned drink fest I assume. What punishment awaits the Cowboys? Also, why wasn’t Bolton stood down for the next match at the very least?
Apparently the whole thing was captured on CCTV and so the police initially saw something that wasn’t there.

Earl

Post by Earl » Thu 10 Jan, 2019 9:29 am

Magpie4life wrote:
Wed 09 Jan, 2019 11:02 pm
Yep. I think he pushed it too far but proving it is a different matter.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 3:09 pm

Sex tape allegedly involving Canterbury Bulldogs player Dylan Napa engaging in a sexual act with a woman has emerged online.

news.com.auJANUARY 11, 20193:02PM

A sex tape involving Dylan Napa has been leaked online.Source:Facebook

Footage has emerged online appearing to show Canterbury enforcer Dylan Napa having sex with a woman.

The video was posted on Facebook page NRL Memes on Wednesday afternoon.

In it, a man alleged to be Queensland Origin representative Napa is shown on a bed with the woman. She is lying on her stomach with her head facing away from the camera.

He appears to be naked but some of the video is obscured by two laughing-face emojis.

At the start of the video, Napa looks at the camera. He leans in close to her face and appears to say: “Call me big Papi ... call me Big Papa.”

The video goes for about eight seconds before the camera falls to the ground and Napa and the woman disappear from the shot.

In a statement, the Bulldogs said: “The club has today been made aware of alleged images surfacing on social media of a current player taken several years ago.

“The club has informed the NRL Integrity Unit of the matter.

“The club is not in a position to comment further at this time.

Demps

Post by Demps » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 3:13 pm

NAP DIGGLER
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 3:31 pm

Where’s the scandal?

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 3:37 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 11 Jan, 2019 3:31 pm
Where’s the scandal?
There isn't one. I'm sure the nrl media will push it as one for a few extra clicks.
No more plodders!
:sign:

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 3:49 pm

rumour is he was once again leading with his head...