More bad behaviour

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
TigerTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:56 pm

Re: More bad behaviour

Post by TigerTiger » Thu 03 Jan, 2019 6:33 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 6:28 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 6:06 pm
I wonder what's the point?

What's the bet that he ends up going to the Dogs or Eels before the season starts? We punt him, and he won't be without a club for more than a week.

So now I'm thinking we may as well fine him, dock him some of his pay (and salary cap space if possible) and try to retain him on less money on a good behaviour condition or something. IMO when assaulting a random person because you are inebriated you should end up in prison, but the courts are soft as, and they will give him a good behaviour bond and that'll be that.

Getting rid of our plodders is fine and well, but all we got is plodders.
Who cares. He’s an average player. They can have him.
Yeah I hear you, and you are right, he's a good average player, but no better then that. Just annoys me that when we kick them out, another club snaps them up immediately. There's no consequences, these guys think they can do anything and get away with it, and yes they usually do.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:


Dallas
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun 10 Jun, 2018 4:59 pm

Post by Dallas » Thu 03 Jan, 2019 6:41 pm

Goodbye

colmcd
Member
Member
Posts: 1070
Joined: Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm

Post by colmcd » Thu 03 Jan, 2019 6:48 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 6:33 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 6:28 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 6:06 pm
I wonder what's the point?

What's the bet that he ends up going to the Dogs or Eels before the season starts? We punt him, and he won't be without a club for more than a week.

So now I'm thinking we may as well fine him, dock him some of his pay (and salary cap space if possible) and try to retain him on less money on a good behaviour condition or something. IMO when assaulting a random person because you are inebriated you should end up in prison, but the courts are soft as, and they will give him a good behaviour bond and that'll be that.

Getting rid of our plodders is fine and well, but all we got is plodders.
Who cares. He’s an average player. They can have him.
Yeah I hear you, and you are right, he's a good average player, but no better then that. Just annoys me that when we kick them out, another club snaps them up immediately. There's no consequences, these guys think they can do anything and get away with it, and yes they usually do.
Bingo.

I actually think it should happen in reverse. If a player demonstrates bad behaviour then the Club should have full rights to the players contract and no other club should be able to sign him unless the first club agrees.
The clubs do need to do their part, but no one can stop an idiot being an idiot.

Either way Chee-Kam won't be getting a call from Uncle Nick. He is too average to be wanted and if he is back in the NRL it will be for 80K

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 23102
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 03 Jan, 2019 6:54 pm

colmcd wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 6:48 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 6:33 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 6:28 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 6:06 pm
I wonder what's the point?

What's the bet that he ends up going to the Dogs or Eels before the season starts? We punt him, and he won't be without a club for more than a week.

So now I'm thinking we may as well fine him, dock him some of his pay (and salary cap space if possible) and try to retain him on less money on a good behaviour condition or something. IMO when assaulting a random person because you are inebriated you should end up in prison, but the courts are soft as, and they will give him a good behaviour bond and that'll be that.

Getting rid of our plodders is fine and well, but all we got is plodders.
Who cares. He’s an average player. They can have him.
Yeah I hear you, and you are right, he's a good average player, but no better then that. Just annoys me that when we kick them out, another club snaps them up immediately. There's no consequences, these guys think they can do anything and get away with it, and yes they usually do.
Bingo.

I actually think it should happen in reverse. If a player demonstrates bad behaviour then the Club should have full rights to the players contract and no other club should be able to sign him unless the first club agrees.
The clubs do need to do their part, but no one can stop an idiot being an idiot.

Either way Chee-Kam won't be getting a call from Uncle Nick. He is too average to be wanted and if he is back in the NRL it will be for 80K
They aren’t babysitters. They can’t stop players from going out. And if one of them chooses to punch out an Uber driver, that is on the player.

Madge
Member
Member
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue 30 May, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by Madge » Thu 03 Jan, 2019 7:39 pm

I don’t think we should be bringing religion into this because it has nothing to do with it.


User avatar
TheDaBoss
Member
Member
Posts: 777
Joined: Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:43 am
Location: C'Town

Post by TheDaBoss » Thu 03 Jan, 2019 7:57 pm

So much for new year new team
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

Tcat
Member
Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by Tcat » Thu 03 Jan, 2019 8:06 pm

The poor guy. People don't understand the pressure these young kids are under. 😡.🤡.

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2432
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Thu 03 Jan, 2019 8:18 pm

Tcat wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 8:06 pm
The poor guy. People don't understand the pressure these young kids are under. 😡.🤡.
Yeah good guy, he probably didn’t hear the Uber driving honking his horn due to him wearing DrBeats

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2432
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Thu 03 Jan, 2019 8:23 pm

kiwitiger wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 5:54 pm
I do wonder how Chris Lawrence or other civilised team mates of these Richard craniums feel about them at times. Imagine in your workplace having people like this you have to see everyday and interact with. Why would you. You must really love the game to do it. So over it...love the game...really starting to hate the participants.
Spot on Kiwi...if you asl Lawrence how hard he works to stay out of trouble off the field...I’m sure his response would be “ not hard at all”...he is just a decent guy who makes “easy to do” decent decisions in his life....

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2432
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Thu 03 Jan, 2019 8:24 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 1:41 pm
Tiger78 wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 1:32 pm
No big deal really MCK is only contracted to the end of the year and very much doubt he would have been re-signed anyway. Garner will most likely take his spot if he gets the punt. But our depth is getting pretty thin as i didnt really notice many standouts in the reggies.
Time to look at some young blokes being held back at other clubs. Cheap and eager to impress.
We been doing that for years now.....

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2432
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Thu 03 Jan, 2019 8:27 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 2:52 pm
tigerap wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 1:48 pm
I am totally over NRL players and in particular Wests Tigers players bringing our club down...

The WT should have a zero tolerance policy to any players being charged by the police...they should immediately be stood down from the club and if proven guilty their contract torn up no if's, and's or but's....



When was the last time you read a Sydney Kings (or any NBL) player in trouble with the law....or lets take this further a Sydney FC or WSW player...?.


The NRL should come down hard on these fools.!

Doesn't MCK wear wrist band with Jesus written all over it?; doesn't he do a prayer after he scores a try?..hmm....maybe he missed a prayer session over the Christmas period!...practice what you preach MCK!
Since when does being religious make you a good person?
Ask your local priest he’ll give you a good answer.... being a churchie I’m sure MCK thinks he is a good person.....

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2963
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 03 Jan, 2019 8:37 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 6:33 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 6:28 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 6:06 pm
I wonder what's the point?

What's the bet that he ends up going to the Dogs or Eels before the season starts? We punt him, and he won't be without a club for more than a week.

So now I'm thinking we may as well fine him, dock him some of his pay (and salary cap space if possible) and try to retain him on less money on a good behaviour condition or something. IMO when assaulting a random person because you are inebriated you should end up in prison, but the courts are soft as, and they will give him a good behaviour bond and that'll be that.

Getting rid of our plodders is fine and well, but all we got is plodders.
Who cares. He’s an average player. They can have him.
Yeah I hear you, and you are right, he's a good average player, but no better then that. Just annoys me that when we kick them out, another club snaps them up immediately. There's no consequences, these guys think they can do anything and get away with it, and yes they usually do.
Just like Matthew Lodge.
The NRL should boot all these morons out of the game permanently, this might be the only way these guys will learn.

colmcd
Member
Member
Posts: 1070
Joined: Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm

Post by colmcd » Thu 03 Jan, 2019 9:00 pm

If there was no provocation from the Uber driver Chee-kam should be banned permanently.

You don't just attack people at random.

That being said. I am up for reform of players. Matthew Lodge* is probably the toughest case, but either:
he is playing football and paying compo to his victims. **
OR
he is on the dole.

Not saying he should get any leniency at all. He committed a crime and should go to jail. Yet look at Russell Packer, the guy has exited jail and is now flying right. Ok he could be tackling a little harder and getting his work rate up for us. But as for his personal character I can't fault him.

Footy players will always be acting stupid. You could hang Todd Carney or Josh Dugan and the next gen will still be doing stupid stuff. Banning them won't change that. However if you do give people a good path and a bad path, sometimes they take the carrot over the stick option.

If they don't ban them.

Chee-Kam should be sat out of the game for a min 2 years. Then he can share his next paycheck with the Uber driver he assaulted!

* The Lodge case I suspect could be due to steroid or Chemical use. He needs to take full responsibility for his actions entirely.
** no compo, no play and no pay!

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4348
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Thu 03 Jan, 2019 9:07 pm

Nice start to life at the tigers for Madge.
Musgrove, Pascoe and now MCK.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2539
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Thu 03 Jan, 2019 10:00 pm

tigerap wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 8:24 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 1:41 pm
Tiger78 wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 1:32 pm
No big deal really MCK is only contracted to the end of the year and very much doubt he would have been re-signed anyway. Garner will most likely take his spot if he gets the punt. But our depth is getting pretty thin as i didnt really notice many standouts in the reggies.
Time to look at some young blokes being held back at other clubs. Cheap and eager to impress.
We been doing that for years now.....
Lol yep that's all we ever buy!

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 23102
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 03 Jan, 2019 10:01 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 10:00 pm
tigerap wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 8:24 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 1:41 pm
Tiger78 wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 1:32 pm
No big deal really MCK is only contracted to the end of the year and very much doubt he would have been re-signed anyway. Garner will most likely take his spot if he gets the punt. But our depth is getting pretty thin as i didnt really notice many standouts in the reggies.
Time to look at some young blokes being held back at other clubs. Cheap and eager to impress.
We been doing that for years now.....
Lol yep that's all we ever buy!
Ryan Matterson and Moses Mbye say hello.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5664
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 03 Jan, 2019 11:09 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 10:01 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 10:00 pm
tigerap wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 8:24 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 1:41 pm


Time to look at some young blokes being held back at other clubs. Cheap and eager to impress.
We been doing that for years now.....
Lol yep that's all we ever buy!
Ryan Matterson and Moses Mbye say hello.
Matterson has played what....30 NRL games? If that.
You are making out like he is Bradley Clyde. He really hasn't proven anything yet. Premiership winner in a team rorting the cap, yippee!
Hope he plays well for us but he is hardly a marquee signing.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5664
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 03 Jan, 2019 11:22 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 4:28 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 1:50 pm
tigerap wrote:
Thu 03 Jan, 2019 1:48 pm
I am totally over NRL players and in particular Wests Tigers players bringing our club down...

The WT should have a zero tolerance policy to any players being charged by the police...they should immediately be stood down from the club and if proven guilty their contract torn up no if's, and's or but's....

When was the last time you read a Sydney Kings (or any NBL) player in trouble with the law....or lets take this further a Sydney FC or WSW player...?.


The NRL should come down hard on these fools.!
League is a mugs game, played by meatheads.
Players from basket ball or a number of sports, could mug someone in stark daylight and most probably no one one would recognise them anyway.
A NRL player only has to sneeze the wrong way, and a dozen phones spring out of pockets, When will some of these drongos realise that, and even the thickest of them ,get the message?
There’s a lot of players in the NRL, who know how to act like a human,
A pity that they get bundled in with the cretinous minority who are not capable of sane thinking,
I couldn’t care less if the League booted anyone who brings the game into disrepute, get rid of them
The League only selectively chooses who to punt out of the game for bringing it into disrepute. Todd Carney for example.
Yet a spouse-beating Greg Inglis drives across NSW half-p###ed and speeding and is hailed as "brave" by Greenberg for holding a press conference AFTER his misdemeanor is splashed over every newspaper. The game is run by idiots so it is no surprise that it breeds idiots.
Wonder if MCK will be made an example of ala Carney, or cop the red-carpet adulation the Immortal-in-waiting (spew) GI gets showered with?

Post Reply