Tim Grant to feature for first game...

Geo.

Tim Grant to feature for first game...

Post by Geo. » Wed 10 Feb, 2016 5:30 pm

Tim Grant to feature for first game

Dan Talintyre (Twitter: @dantalintyre)

Wed 10th February, 04:50PM

Tim Grant will feature for the first time in Wests Tigers colours this weekend when he takes on the Melbourne Storm in the Club's first trial match for 2016.

Having made the move from South Sydney in the off-season, Grant said he was excited to wear the Wests Tigers colours for the first time and take the field at Sunshine Coast Stadium as part of a strong Wests Tigers side set to be named on Thursday afternoon.

"I've been looking forward to it since Day One," Grant said about his first Club game.

"It's great that I'm able to get stuck in and play the first trial game, and I'm excited to be able to play alongside what is shaping as a really good team for this year.

"There's nobody in particular I'm singling out in that; I'm just really excited to be able to get out there and get stuck in to putting into practice all that we've done at training.

"There's a great feel amongst the boys at the moment, so it should be good fun."

Grant joined teammates Tyler Cassel, Jesse Parahi and Justin Hunt on Wednesday afternoon for his first school visit since signing with the Club as he helped spread the NRL's Wellbeing message at St. Charles Catholic Primary School in Ryde.

Occurring right throughout February, Wests Tigers players will visit tens of thousands of students from Coffs Harbour to the Inner West and South West Sydney, delivering a range of important health and wellbeing messages such as the importance of proper hydration, adequate sleep and developing and supporting a strong sense of belonging.

Grant said being able to visit schools was one of the great things about his job, and that he was looking forward to meeting several more Members and fans in the year ahead.

"I always love it when we can get into schools and help teach kids," Grant said.

"I remember when I was in school how cool it was to have sportstars come in and teach us, so it's nice to be able to give back and help make learning this stuff a bit more enjoyable.

"It's a really important message that we're spreading, and one that we have to adhere to really strictly as athletes, so it's great to be able to spread that right across Sydney.

"One of the great things about being at Wests Tigers now is how wide-reaching our fan base is, which is something I haven't really had at other Clubs in my career. There's not too many other places that reach from Balmain to Campbelltown, so that's really great."

Wests Tigers will name their full squad to take on the Melbourne Storm at Sunshine Coast Stadium on Saturday, February 13 on Thursday afternoon. Fans can catch the team in action on Friday, February 12, with an open training session at the stadium from 2:00pm.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016 ... ature.html
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 10 Feb, 2016 5:36 pm

Best of Luck on your debut for the WESTS Tigers Tim...

At first I was a bit meh about his signing...but I've changed..his experience coming from a Souff's pack where he was a small fish minutes wise to Our Pack could prove invaluable...He himself has something to prove...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Wed 10 Feb, 2016 5:43 pm

Damn, I went to that primary school about 35 years too late! Bet the kids got a kick out of the visit.

Really looking forward to seeing Grant run round in our colours & agree he is a great addition to our pack.

Up the Tigers!!

krayola

Post by krayola » Wed 10 Feb, 2016 6:16 pm

He and Ballin seem to have great character. That'll be essential if we're trying to elevate the standards around the club and change the culture. Let's hope they can play decently too.
One of my sources is Pascoe

Post by 851 » Wed 10 Feb, 2016 6:49 pm

Good luck Tim, you seem to want to play for us, and if you play well so you can snub your nose at souths, that works for us supporters too.
Go hard or go home

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Wed 10 Feb, 2016 8:37 pm

I'm really optimistic that he will be a good addition to our forward pack, all I expect to see from him is 100% effort. Go rip in big fella!!

willow

Post by willow » Wed 10 Feb, 2016 8:55 pm

Very happy with Grant signing, I think he brings a great attitude and will help to develop the right sort of culture we need at the club. Hopefully he puts a bit of a dent in the Storm this weekend.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 10 Feb, 2016 9:31 pm

willow wrote:Very happy with Grant signing, I think he brings a great attitude and will help to develop the right sort of culture we need at the club. Hopefully he puts a bit of a dent in the Storm this weekend.
Yep, I think he and Ballin are two very level headed, reliable, decent blokes,who happen to be very handy footballers too

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Wed 10 Feb, 2016 9:36 pm

Can't wait to see him actually. Massive upgrade on keithy.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Wed 10 Feb, 2016 9:59 pm

Grant is a good player. He'll go well for us. Hope he stays injury free.
We need him in the pack.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Thu 11 Feb, 2016 11:11 am

krayola wrote:He and Ballin seem to have great character. That'll be essential if we're trying to elevate the standards around the club and change the culture. Let's hope they can play decently too.

These two great players will bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to our young side...they will be worth every cent of their salary if we can win quite a few games this year...I wish them all the best for the year..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Thu 11 Feb, 2016 11:52 am

TrueTiger wrote:
krayola wrote:He and Ballin seem to have great character. That'll be essential if we're trying to elevate the standards around the club and change the culture. Let's hope they can play decently too.

These two great players will bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to our young side...they will be worth every cent of their salary if we can win quite a few games this year...I wish them all the best for the year..
Probably worth more than every cent if official reports of very favourable terms are anywhere near accurate and that is apart from the off field benefit they will bring.

rex2ce

Post by rex2ce » Thu 11 Feb, 2016 1:38 pm

Cant wait to see Grant and Ballin in Tiger colours, both will herald a new era in professionalism, something the club has not had much of in the past . Tip - Grant to regain his SOO jumper

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Thu 11 Feb, 2016 3:34 pm

rex2ce wrote:Cant wait to see Grant and Ballin in Tiger colours, both will herald a new era in professionalism, something the club has not had much of in the past . Tip - Grant to regain his SOO jumper
big call to say he'll regain SOO place. hope you're right but there's a lot of good talent ahead of him atm for nsw.

Demps

Post by Demps » Thu 11 Feb, 2016 3:57 pm

LOL @ Grant getting a blues jersey....
Maybe if they're desperate.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Thu 11 Feb, 2016 3:59 pm

Content for him to just play as well as he possibly can, otherwise the Tigers may be missing their entire front row come SOO time!!

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Thu 11 Feb, 2016 4:25 pm

Demps wrote:LOL @ Grant getting a blues jersey....
Maybe if they're desperate.
would love him to regain his SOO form again for us...would certainly carve some up if he did...I think he will be an outstanding buy for us and wish him all the best,even if he does get picked for SOO....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D