Farah focused on delivering best Season

foreveratiger

Farah focused on delivering best Season

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 16 Feb, 2016 3:44 pm

Farah focused on delivering best season

Dan Talintyre (Twitter: @dantalintyre)

Tue 16th February, 02:30PM
A A

After an off-season in the spotlight, Wests Tigers hooker Robbie Farah says his only focus for the year ahead is delivering his best individual and team performance.

The 32-year-old — who enters his 14th season with the Club since his debut in 2003 — says having one of the longest off-seasons in his career due to the absence of representative football has refreshed him and helped set him up for a strong year ahead.

"It's been the longest pre-season I've had in a while," Farah told the media today.

"I can't remember the last time I started back in November.

"We've got some really good work done over the last few months, and had a nice first hit-out last weekend on the Sunshine Coast, with our last trial this weekend too.

"I've had a chance this summer to do a bit more work than I've done in the past, so I'm feeling good. Everyone is feeling fit and strong at this time of the year, and I've learned that the work you do in pre-season, generally sets you up for a good season.

"Hopefully we've got some good work in the bank and that'll put us in good stead this year."

Admitting that his form, as well as the team, was below part in 2015, Farah said he was determined to produce his best performances in the year ahead, and acknowledged new Assistant Coach Craig Sandercock in growing his game during the off-season.

"I want to get back to the form I know I can produce," Farah enthused.

"Last year was probably disappointing on a personal level in terms of the footy I played, so we worked really hard in the pre-season to help improve that.

"Craig Sandercock has come in as an Assistant Coach and really worked hard on my game with me and tinkered a few things. I've really enjoyed the stuff he's brought to the table; it's given me a lot of confidence and now I'm just looking forward to showing that on the field."

Farah will line up for Wests Tigers in the Club's final trial match this Saturday, February 20 against the Cronulla Sharks at Campbelltown Sports Stadium, with kickoff at 7:00pm.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016 ... n_del.html
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Tue 16 Feb, 2016 3:53 pm

I really hope Farah has a big year, he's talked it up in a couple of interviews the last few days and there would be nothing better than seeing him focused and back in form

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 16 Feb, 2016 4:08 pm

Let's hope so Robbie...Lets hope so...

I wonder if this article will be met with the talk is talk blah blah blah that has been attributed to Rowdy Sue and Woods of late...
Wayne Train 2019..

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 16 Feb, 2016 4:10 pm

Farah-itis? Doubt it Geo.

There's no doubting his ability when he focused and motivated. The presence of Ballin and Cherrington should provide that.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 16 Feb, 2016 4:20 pm

No different to the others. It's a puff piece, the year is full of them, it's part of their obligations as footy players. I'll wait to see what they do on the pitch.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 16 Feb, 2016 4:31 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:No different to the others. It's a puff piece, the year is full of them, it's part of their obligations as footy players. I'll wait to see what they do on the pitch.
The media dept have to keep drumming up attention, it is there job after all, and with no footy or up coming games to promote, all clubs have to resort to the "never had a better off season" stuff accompanied by the obligatory "New (or up and) comer training the house down" piece.

You notice it more with your own club, but it is everywhere. You know what they say every club has never been fitter of faster and everyone is undefeated in January.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 16 Feb, 2016 4:34 pm

You get them mid season too. Stuff like "Farah says Tigers ready for Cowboys challenge" just before we get lapped in Townsville.

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 16 Feb, 2016 5:00 pm

I suppose for around 35K a game you would think a bit of effort would be nice ..tired of the Farah garbage!

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Tue 16 Feb, 2016 5:04 pm

Rather have on field performances far out shine anything that is said in the media.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 16 Feb, 2016 5:29 pm

westTAHger wrote:Rather have on field performances far out shine anything that is said in the media.
Absolutely mate,talk is cheap,but not in Robbie's case,he better let his playing ability this year do the bulk of the talking......
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 16 Feb, 2016 8:38 pm

I have to admit despite me posting it ? It is seriously getting boring all this crap and they try to butter him up.......then BANG " How do you think you will get on with JT when the Seasons gets underway " .

There going to Pounce at every opportunity and when things are getting tough throughout the year ? have to keep strong and not give them an inch , cause we know the questions about JT and Farah are going to come at some stage.....the only way to shut them up and say that everything at Wests Tigers is smooth sailing is only going to be when we are winning games.

They both need to stick solid for the cause if not the blaming game will continue IMO.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 17 Feb, 2016 12:24 am

Geo. wrote:Let's hope so Robbie...Lets hope so...

I wonder if this article will be met with the talk is talk blah blah blah that has been attributed to Rowdy Sue and Woods of late...
Yep you finally got it Geo

When I see them putting it all on the line I'll believe it

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 18 Feb, 2016 3:29 pm

foreveratiger wrote:I have to admit despite me posting it ? It is seriously getting boring all this crap and they try to butter him up.......then BANG " How do you think you will get on with JT when the Seasons gets underway " .

There going to Pounce at every opportunity and when things are getting tough throughout the year ? have to keep strong and not give them an inch , cause we know the questions about JT and Farah are going to come at some stage.....the only way to shut them up and say that everything at Wests Tigers is smooth sailing is only going to be when we are winning games.

They both need to stick solid for the cause if not the blaming game will continue IMO.
I would prefer Robbie to be kept away from speaking to the media FT, now that he is not Captain there is no need for him to be offering up talk to the press imbeciles IMO. That would be the easiest way to prevent him being asked the 'Farah v Taylor' questions every week.

Robbie seems to bung on about disliking all the hype, questions etc but continues to be a very willing participant in all things media-related. Do yourself...and us.....a favour Robbie and give yourself a self-imposed media ban for 2016. I am sure his performances this season would benefit from giving all media a wide berth.
It seems to be an ego thing IMO, he loves to be seen and heard.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Thu 18 Feb, 2016 3:59 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:I have to admit despite me posting it ? It is seriously getting boring all this crap and they try to butter him up.......then BANG " How do you think you will get on with JT when the Seasons gets underway " .

I would prefer Robbie to be kept away from speaking to the media FT, now that he is not Captain there is no need for him to be offering up talk to the press imbeciles IMO. That would be the easiest way to prevent him being asked the 'Farah v Taylor' questions every week.

Robbie seems to bung on about disliking all the hype, questions etc but continues to be a very willing participant in all things media-related. Do yourself...and us.....a favour Robbie and give yourself a self-imposed media ban for 2016. I am sure his performances this season would benefit from giving all media a wide berth.
It seems to be an ego thing IMO, he loves to be seen and heard.
Mate your spot on , there is no need for Farah to speak to the media FULL STOP!!!!!

Do we seriously need the added pressure of the media with the bile and questions they would ask Robbie throughout the year at every opportunity.......why put yourself in that situation when you know what your going to get from the Media with the Questions.

His not a Captain anymore so there is no responsibility anymore in answering anything.

FTB i'm seriously starting to believe your quote and think your spot on " It seems to be an ego thing IMO, he loves to be seen and heard. "