UFC: Discussion

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8153
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: UFC: Discussion

Post by Demps » Sat 29 Jul, 2017 1:09 pm

Keen af.

Even the under card is stacked.

Go bones, woodley, cyborg and cowboyw !
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.


User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8153
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sun 30 Jul, 2017 3:55 pm

Great day and a great card.
Bones, amazing.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Tygr
Member
Member
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu 20 Mar, 2014 12:35 am

Post by Tygr » Sun 30 Jul, 2017 6:43 pm

Jon Jones GOAT. That has to be official now right?

But damn I feel bad for DC. WTF Rogan? You say fighters shouldn't be interviewed after getting KO'd and yet you do it anyway... That was hard to watch. And now losers are going to use that image of DC crying like its the new crying Jordan meme... Iv'e already started seeing it.

Jones vs Lesnar? I'm keen. Although rematch vs Gustafson would be a better fight.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Sun 30 Jul, 2017 6:51 pm

Tygr wrote:
Sun 30 Jul, 2017 6:43 pm
Jon Jones GOAT. That has to be official now right?


Not a chance. May sneak into top 10...maybe.

User avatar
Black'n'White
Member
Member
Posts: 1904
Joined: Sat 02 Mar, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 30 Jul, 2017 7:08 pm

Come on.... LHW has to be the shallowest division in the UFC. Jones is good, but DC made a mistake blocking that kick low. The finish was brutal, though Jones wasnt dominating that fight up to the kick, quite the opposite. Spamming teep kicks skewed the FM stats for Jones.

There are no lucky strikes in combat sports, you throw them all with intent. DC will see the tape and know his own mistake cost him the fight.


User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8153
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 7:06 am

stryker wrote:
Sun 30 Jul, 2017 6:51 pm
Tygr wrote:
Sun 30 Jul, 2017 6:43 pm
Jon Jones GOAT. That has to be official now right?


Not a chance. May sneak into top 10...maybe.
Are u joking?

Hes lethal and an amazing athlete.
With only one DQ loss.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 9:24 am

Demps wrote:
Mon 31 Jul, 2017 7:06 am
stryker wrote:
Sun 30 Jul, 2017 6:51 pm
Tygr wrote:
Sun 30 Jul, 2017 6:43 pm
Jon Jones GOAT. That has to be official now right?


Not a chance. May sneak into top 10...maybe.
Are u joking?

Hes lethal and an amazing athlete.
With only one DQ loss.
A bit tongue in cheek but i really think that in a sport that is so young there is no GOAT. It is also far too subjective. Bones is good, no doubt but after only 8 years competing, he doesnt hold a candle to the longevity of Silva and Fedor. He isnt a game changer like Gracie, nor as naturally gifted as GSP and Johnson. He has owned the LHW division recently but so did Randy Couture back in the day. After he retires he will be spoken about with acclaim for sure but this sport has had many amazing and talented fighters over the years who stood out for different resons. Some, such as Dan Henderson, Jeremy Horn or Diego Sanchez, never gave in and went to war whenever they fought. Others such as Romero were incredibly athletic and would have succeeded in multiple sports. Whilst the likes of Liddle, MacGregor etc..have transcended the sport and become mainstream stars, others have fought and won in multiple weight classes usually against guys bigger than them.

Its just too hard to claim anyone as GOAT but if i had to it would be the spider.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8153
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 10:29 am

stryker wrote:
Mon 31 Jul, 2017 9:24 am
Demps wrote:
Mon 31 Jul, 2017 7:06 am
stryker wrote:
Sun 30 Jul, 2017 6:51 pm
Tygr wrote:
Sun 30 Jul, 2017 6:43 pm
Jon Jones GOAT. That has to be official now right?


Not a chance. May sneak into top 10...maybe.
Are u joking?

Hes lethal and an amazing athlete.
With only one DQ loss.
A bit tongue in cheek but i really think that in a sport that is so young there is no GOAT. It is also far too subjective. Bones is good, no doubt but after only 8 years competing, he doesnt hold a candle to the longevity of Silva and Fedor. He isnt a game changer like Gracie, nor as naturally gifted as GSP and Johnson. He has owned the LHW division recently but so did Randy Couture back in the day. After he retires he will be spoken about with acclaim for sure but this sport has had many amazing and talented fighters over the years who stood out for different resons. Some, such as Dan Henderson, Jeremy Horn or Diego Sanchez, never gave in and went to war whenever they fought. Others such as Romero were incredibly athletic and would have succeeded in multiple sports. Whilst the likes of Liddle, MacGregor etc..have transcended the sport and become mainstream stars, others have fought and won in multiple weight classes usually against guys bigger than them.

Its just too hard to claim anyone as GOAT but if i had to it would be the spider.
I get what you're saying.

Gsp did lose against Hughes and Serra tho.
I think Jones is the best fighter the ufc has seen tho.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Wed 23 Aug, 2017 7:35 pm

Jones tested positive to steroids after 214.....again....theres your goat.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5462
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 23 Aug, 2017 9:19 pm

Really? Geez what a moron, as if he wouldn't have known he'd get caught. Not the brightest spark is Bones by the sounds of it. Can see his life turning into a bit of a train-wreck ala Tiger Woods TBH.
UFC are dumb enough and money-hungry enough to let Bones fight again in the future I reckon. Ban the goose for life, he is a slow-learner.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 6:31 am

Yep career over. I cant believe he fought his way back from the last steroid ban only to capture the title under the influence again. Some people are just too arrogant.

Lends a bit of weight to the Diaz brothers claims a couple of years back that the whole UFC is on drugs....

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5462
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 5:46 am

Awesome performances by Rose Namajunas and GSP yesterday, both very worthy belt holders. That left hook by Rose was as sweet as it gets, Joanna got her lippy mouth shut bigtime. Rose was all class, she will be a great humble champ. Bisping showed great heart in refusing to tap as well.
Dillashaw is a tool but did well to win the belt.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8153
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 11:54 am

Three new champions.
Wasnt expecting that.

Loved the Gsp fight
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17904
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 12:29 pm

Loved the look on GSP's face when he tagged Bisping before he got him on the deck, I think he was more surprised than anyone else.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

upthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 898
Joined: Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:41 pm

Post by upthetigers » Thu 30 Nov, 2017 10:14 pm

There are some good UFC fights on this weekend

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8153
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Tue 03 Apr, 2018 9:33 pm

Khabib time after this Sunday.
Get on it.

Ferguson out.
Max Holloway in.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8153
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 11:03 am

Quiet discussion...

New light weight champion, KHABIB.
Yayy ! Lots of drama around this past weekend but he took it easy on his opponent and came out with the win as expected.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8153
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sat 14 Apr, 2018 11:06 am

Good free fights on tmrw for anyone that's interested
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Post Reply