Re: Aus v Philippines basketball drama

Post by Demps » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 5:05 pm

Harvey wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 4:52 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 4:51 pm
Harvey wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 4:46 pm
My friends wife has said that basketball is huge in the Phillipines. One of the 5 national sports that start with B
Basketball, billiards, boxing, bowling, baseball bonking - at a guess
Basketball, boxing, baseball, badminton and bolleyball
Lol bollyball?
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 6:08 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 4:22 pm
old man tiger wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 12:57 pm
Meta world peace lolololol

From wiki

"World Peace elbowed James Harden in the head as he was celebrating a dunk."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metta_World_Peace
in your tiger's face avartar can I see the face of a human being?
I'm not sure mate

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 8:06 pm

the lead up rough tactics by Aussies

http://www.espn.com.au/nbl/story/_/id/2 ... edges-part
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 8:19 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 4:22 pm
old man tiger wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 12:57 pm
Meta world peace lolololol

From wiki

"World Peace elbowed James Harden in the head as he was celebrating a dunk."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metta_World_Peace
in your tiger's face avartar can I see the face of a human being?
Maybe after a dozen unspun cones.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 11:18 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 8:06 pm

Try watching it when you're not high...

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 6:50 am

Yossarian wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 11:18 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 8:06 pm

Try watching it when you're not high...
It is in the second video after the commentators an earlier video is shown of the Aussies taking out the Pinoys when they are not involved in the play at all when the Pinoys backs are facing them. Oz defender No. 4 is the main offender and now I can understand why he got flattened and can even understand the Pinoy coach telling his players to be aggressive if it was in response to incidents mentioned. The refs should have been sending Oz players off way beforehand. That is if the video is not selective. It was (Tommy R) Kickert who started the fire and the other mob over-reacted shockingly. I know we should not forgive them for killing Majellan. Should Kickert have been arrested and locked up and goes to court only after the international basketball federation have dealt with the Pinoy team?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 7:10 am

Report this mob to the Press Tribunal for biased and un-Australian reporting.

https://newmatilda.com/2018/07/03/call- ... all-brawl/

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 11:00 am

Both teams are to blame but officials and bench players got involved from the Philippines which is where my problem is..

But one of the Philippine cadets was shielding the Australian player on the ground. He is standing over him in this picture.

Story and interview with the cadet below

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball ... b876de9dba

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 11:12 am

The fuel to the fire was the pre game warm up where a filo tried to trip an Aussie who had his back turned, he lashed out at the wrong person and the rest was an embarrassment to the game

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 11:42 am

Onthebus wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 11:12 am
The fuel to the fire was the pre game warm up where a filo tried to trip an Aussie who had his back turned, he lashed out at the wrong person and the rest was an embarrassment to the game
Sounds like slap stick comedy.
Unless we see the full video we don't know what came first. Before the flare up there was definitely argy bargy by Aussie no. 4 as shows in my last post. Also Kickert made it worse by standing over his victim when already on the floor - no wonder the Filos re-acted (shhhh Kickert is not an Aussie). I feel sorry for both teams except Kickert - the ref has already called a foul before he stepped in.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 12:50 pm

Muffstar wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 2:24 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 1:34 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 12:54 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 10:12 am

Phillipines is an amazing place dude...From Manilla to boracay. This is obviously an isolated incident. The PBL is huge over there. /facepalm :brick:
You are both correct.
It's an amazing place, but volatile and corrupt
Siargao Island is the latest hotspot to go - good surf, clean and safe but is becoming expensive as all the foreigners roll in.

Boracay Beach has been closed due to faeces pollution, they are now closing all illegal dwellings and illegal sewage outlets. Maybe reopened soon. But if you like swimming out a bit it is full of small fish that bite your toes and the water stinks of petrol or oil due to small boats leaking. I have not been there for 25 years so no idea now.

Manila I would not stay in a fit due to pollution, heat and congestion.

I go way up north near Baguio where clean, cool air and beautiful beaches . It can freeze there like last December. My attraction is that I can find excellent chess players everywhere if I ask around. I have played the same champs for about 30 years and everyone is good spirited in spite of jokes and put-downing by their relos when losing. Everyone is so friendly and joking compared to my sh.t rich neighbours it is such a relief.
Too right BBF, we are heading over to PH for a month in October. Siargao Island looks great as does El Nido too but getting very expensive. Will settle for Palawan and Puerto Princesa for a couple of weeks and Makati for a few more days. Greenbelt in Makati is superb as the local beers.

Never had any issues and have always found the people very friendly and helpful.
A bloke that I’ve known for ages,through football, runs a Security Business there, has said for a long time that they are similar to a lot of Asian’s who are lovely to your face, , but when you are not around it all changes,
Says that there is a permanent undercurrent of violence and Corruption in the country,
No doubt there is some beautiful places there, but he has said way before this that he refuses to go anywhere with out at least one gun in the car.
I know he’s in a business where he sees a lot of that violence, but if it wasn’t for the money, he’d never go near the place,
And that the worst corruption is entrenched in the Police & the Politicians.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 12:59 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 7:10 am
Report this mob to the Press Tribunal for biased and un-Australian reporting.

https://newmatilda.com/2018/07/03/call- ... all-brawl/
He's just trying to get people to look at his crap magazine by saying something controversial.
Not unusual from what the same bloke's been doing for years..

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 1:10 pm

Australia play hard bball. Theres no coincidence that deli is always in the mix if something is rough in the NBA.

But...thats the game, some late checks, a off the ball tussle, big deal. What the philos showed is their complete lack of class, skill and understanding of the game.

Stickers on the court? have a cry, i have seen this happen is local rep games. players safety is key and those things can be slippery as all hell. To me it luc put it perfect, they were embarrassed and tried to muscle up to put the boomers off. Big fail and now the whole team looks like a pack of thugs. Luckily no one can throw a punch or there could of been some real injuries. Kudos to the Aussie bench for not jumping in aswell. Another show of class that is lightyears ahead of what the disgraceful philos showed. Im hoping they are booted from the comp and the hosting rights removed. absolute trash team

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 1:22 pm

I was over there recently and by accident was underpaying a sidewalk vendor of halo halo shaved ice drink. He never complained but just didn't smile as usually guaranteed. A few days later after it occurred a few times he told me the correct price, I apologised and coughed up and we become friends.

I have lived there when doing business and had people waiting on me everywhere and many, though poverty-stricken, never asked me for anything in return. I feel more safe there when walking in the back blocks than Byron Bay late at night in the touro season.

They are on starvation wages so that even stingy me must go back and tip them.

strrretch

Post by strrretch » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 1:49 pm

Basketball is the Big sport over there, no footy ovals or whatever , Bball courts only. I am thinking because Manny P is somewhat of a god ,there may have been some underlying strong feelings against Oz as well. Kickerts' unnecessary retaliation opened the floodgates to some wild s***

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 1:57 pm

The thread should be renamed "Filipino basketball and more assorted acid induced BBF anecdotes that didn't happen."
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 2:27 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 1:57 pm
The thread should be renamed "Filipino basketball and more assorted acid induced BBF anecdotes that didn't happen."
He did belt his misses tho so I'm done with him...good luck..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Demps

Post by Demps » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 3:09 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 2:27 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 1:57 pm
He did belt his misses tho so I'm done with him...good luck..
😂
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.