US Tennis

  •  Recent Topics
Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4860
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Re: US Tennis

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 7:30 am

But Trumps mob are paid actors as proven recently when one student was expelled for not cheering hard enough nor wearing his red cap. I doubt Serena would have paid for thousands to attend with expensive ticket prices.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)


User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17913
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 9:48 am

Oh Byron has already tarded up the thread?

Image
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5615
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:07 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 7:30 am
But Trumps mob are paid actors as proven recently when one student was expelled for not cheering hard enough nor wearing his red cap. I doubt Serena would have paid for thousands to attend with expensive ticket prices.
She now has to pay a huge fine instead;

Serena Williams' substantial fine after US Open final outburst
AFP, News Corp Australia Network
an hour ago
SERENA Williams has been fined $US17,000 ($A24,000) by the US Tennis Association in the wake her outburst during a controversial US Open final loss to Japan’s Naomi Osaka.

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2328
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:29 am

formerguest wrote:
Sun 09 Sep, 2018 7:54 am
Just watched the report on the news. Me, me, me, me me.
Exactly, she has been like that for years.

And pretty quick to play the victim card too...

So much for dignity and sportsmanship.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5061
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:46 am

Newtown wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:07 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 7:30 am
But Trumps mob are paid actors as proven recently when one student was expelled for not cheering hard enough nor wearing his red cap. I doubt Serena would have paid for thousands to attend with expensive ticket prices.
She now has to pay a huge fine instead;

Serena Williams' substantial fine after US Open final outburst
AFP, News Corp Australia Network
an hour ago
SERENA Williams has been fined $US17,000 ($A24,000) by the US Tennis Association in the wake her outburst during a controversial US Open final loss to Japan’s Naomi Osaka.
She'll pay that fine by raiding her kid's piggy bank. Just peanuts (a ban from two grand slams would have been better).

Prima Donna!!!!


Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4860
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:01 pm

She claimed sexism in that male perpetrators have been worse than her and did not cop a game penalty. Maybe could claim the sexism and racism card - double whammy, the ref was white and male so sussy.

Sorry CB I don't get your Simpsons cartoon because simultaneously I listen to CNN or MSNBC re Trump with earphones.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

tsjonathan
Member
Member
Posts: 1934
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:16 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 09 Sep, 2018 9:26 am
Played the gender card too. Idiot.
yeah was a bad look.
* Gender Card
* Mother Card
* Poor me card

tsjonathan
Member
Member
Posts: 1934
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:19 pm

barra wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:29 am
formerguest wrote:
Sun 09 Sep, 2018 7:54 am
Just watched the report on the news. Me, me, me, me me.
Exactly, she has been like that for years.

And pretty quick to play the victim card too...

So much for dignity and sportsmanship.
She did it a few years ago against Clijsters. Said " I will kill you" to lineswoman lol

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9685
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:23 pm

Racism? Sexism? Wasn't she playing a female from a minority race?

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29216
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:50 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:23 pm
Racism? Sexism? Wasn't she playing a female from a minority race?
Maybe tennis wise... But Japan?
Minority?
Im guessing sarcasm but I don't get it

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5462
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:58 pm

She is an extremely poor loser, with all the excuses in the world on offer after a defeat. She is also a very arrogant and undignified winner more often than not too.
Seems like a very fake person IMO.

She may have more majors than Martina Navratilova but isn't in the same league when it comes to dignity, respect. humility and graciousness.

Serena is a bell-end, hope she doesn't find that sexist :brick:

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22404
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 1:35 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:16 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 09 Sep, 2018 9:26 am
Played the gender card too. Idiot.
yeah was a bad look.
* Gender Card
* Mother Card
* Poor me card
Haha yeah forgot about that. "I have a daughter :blah :blah"

Who cares. She want a medal for being a mother? Entitled brat.

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9685
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 2:11 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:50 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:23 pm
Racism? Sexism? Wasn't she playing a female from a minority race?
Maybe tennis wise... But Japan?
Minority?
Im guessing sarcasm but I don't get it
I'm just saying this wasn't a white female from a privileged background. The winner was born in Japan but has lived in the USA since she was 3. So she is a minority in the states.

tsjonathan
Member
Member
Posts: 1934
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 2:14 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 2:11 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:50 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:23 pm
Racism? Sexism? Wasn't she playing a female from a minority race?
Maybe tennis wise... But Japan?
Minority?
Im guessing sarcasm but I don't get it
I'm just saying this wasn't a white female from a privileged background. The winner was born in Japan but has lived in the USA since she was 3. So she is a minority in the states.
If naomi left Japan when she was 3 then her Japanese (Osaka-ben) is flawless. There is no accent what so ever.

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9685
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 3:04 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 2:14 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 2:11 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:50 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:23 pm
Racism? Sexism? Wasn't she playing a female from a minority race?
Maybe tennis wise... But Japan?
Minority?
Im guessing sarcasm but I don't get it
I'm just saying this wasn't a white female from a privileged background. The winner was born in Japan but has lived in the USA since she was 3. So she is a minority in the states.
If naomi left Japan when she was 3 then her Japanese (Osaka-ben) is flawless. There is no accent what so ever.
I don't know the woman personally and I know stuffall about tennis. I'm just going by what the foghorn on Fox Sports said.

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9685
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 3:11 pm

Well there you have it. The Fox Sports people have the facts straight. She did leave Japan aged 3.

Apparently her father is from Haiti and in 2016 she reckoned her Japanese stank.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/t ... /78956596/

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40746
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 3:59 pm

I know I shouldn't put all Americans in this category , but you just see it all the time unfortunately

Serena has some really bad habits when you watch her play , if she ever loses the first set her grunting just get louder and louder , all the stuff that happened when she played Stosur in the final

Her coach has admitted he was giving her coaching when the code violation occurred , what so it doesn't matter because she allegedly didn't see it occur

She smashed her racquet which is an immediate code violation and I've never seen anyone since the rule changed get away with it .......ever.......

She calls the umpire a cheat , imagine if it was Billy Harragon , third offence

She got 2.8 million for being a finalist and got some pitiful 30 k fine , what is this teaching anyone , cricket you lose your match fee for 1 offence and it sureas hell isn't 2.8 million

The American fans all booing the young Japanese player

Ever want to see bad sportsmanship , watch a Ryder Cup (Europe v USA Golf )played in the US when the US are losing It was disgraceful what was happening in some of the matches , US fans were yelling as European players were driving and putting and then when the US players all ran across the green and the European players putting line when the US player sunk the putt was just a joke

It's about time many Americans learnt that the sun doesn't shine from their own klackers and the rest of human beings on this planet aren't 2nd class citizens

I don't know if this is true or not but someone told me that some American fans have posted comments in regards to Hiroshima and Nagasaki on this young girls facebook page

Are you kidding ............

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3352
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 4:06 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 3:59 pm
I know I shouldn't put all Americans in this category , but you just see it all the time unfortunately

Serena has some really bad habits when you watch her play , if she ever loses the first set her grunting just get louder and louder , all the stuff that happened when she played Stosur in the final

Her coach has admitted he was giving her coaching when the code violation occurred , what so it doesn't matter because she allegedly didn't see it occur

She smashed her racquet which is an immediate code violation and I've never seen anyone since the rule changed get away with it .......ever.......

She calls the umpire a cheat , imagine if it was Billy Harragon , third offence

She got 2.8 million for being a finalist and got some pitiful 30 k fine , what is this teaching anyone , cricket you lose your match fee for 1 offence and it sureas hell isn't 2.8 million

The American fans all booing the young Japanese player

Ever want to see bad sportsmanship , watch a Ryder Cup (Europe v USA Golf )played in the US when the US are losing It was disgraceful what was happening in some of the matches , US fans were yelling as European players were driving and putting and then when the US players all ran across the green and the European players putting line when the US player sunk the putt was just a joke

It's about time many Americans learnt that the sun doesn't shine from their own klackers and the rest of human beings on this planet aren't 2nd class citizens

I don't know if this is true or not but someone told me that some American fans have posted comments in regards to Hiroshima and Nagasaki on this young girls facebook page

Are you kidding ............
Some americans cant tell the difference between patriotism and bigotry i know all countries have people like this but in the USA there does seem to be a higher percentage than in other first world countries.In part i am sure americans in general believe the rest of the world envies them and wishes they where like them in the USA ignorance is bliss

Locked