Horn v Mundine

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8521
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Horn v Mundine

Post by Demps » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 10:50 am

Disappointing fight.
Standard Aus boxing keeping us up late...

Few good fights on the under card tho
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.


gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 10:55 am

I can't believe people would pay to watch anything to do with mundine.
That's a great photo.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8521
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 11:25 am

gallagher wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 10:55 am
I can't believe people would pay to watch anything to do with mundine.
That's a great photo.
People tune in to see him win.... Or see him get wrecked.

I watched it at the pub.

Always good to get out and watch some sports and have a feed.

As always the crowd was very happy to see the man be put down.

Still a fan tho.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 11:38 am

Demps wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 11:25 am
gallagher wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 10:55 am
I can't believe people would pay to watch anything to do with mundine.
That's a great photo.
People tune in to see him win.... Or see him get wrecked.

I watched it at the pub.

Always good to get out and watch some sports and have a feed.

As always the crowd was very happy to see the man be put down.

Still a fan tho.
Calling a farce involving Mundine 'sport' is a bit loose if you ask me.

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:18 pm

I’m not a big fan of Mundine but Horn got him pretty flush. If he was 32 and not 42 he might have worn it and kept going. Sure it wasn’t the biggest punch but it hit Mundine nice and clean.


User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8521
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:48 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:18 pm
I’m not a big fan of Mundine but Horn got him pretty flush. If he was 32 and not 42 he might have worn it and kept going. Sure it wasn’t the biggest punch but it hit Mundine nice and clean.
Out cold...

Lot of talk online it was a fix.... But idk.

I can't see Horn matching it with international guys like Danny Garcia or Errol Spence.... So he cna enjoy his win over an expired fighter and lose the next few when matched with US heavy hitters like Terrence Crawford
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41848
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 1:08 pm

Demps wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:48 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:18 pm
I’m not a big fan of Mundine but Horn got him pretty flush. If he was 32 and not 42 he might have worn it and kept going. Sure it wasn’t the biggest punch but it hit Mundine nice and clean.
Out cold...

Lot of talk online it was a fix.... But idk.

I can't see Horn matching it with international guys like Danny Garcia or Errol Spence.... So he cna enjoy his win over an expired fighter and lose the next few when matched with US heavy hitters like Terrence Crawford
Crawford will do down with the all time greats once his career has ended

No shame getting beaten by him

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41848
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 1:26 pm

Have to laugh , Fox has all the Rocky movies today

Remember as kids when you had a big game of sport and you used to all gather at someone's house and watch a Rocky movie the night before LOL

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5787
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 1:27 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 30 Nov, 2018 11:09 pm
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Fri 30 Nov, 2018 10:36 pm
Mundine usually disappoints all the viewers and doesn't get his head punched in.
You'd be cranky how late the fight is going to start if you'd paid for it on PPV
You got 96 seconds of boxing after all that wait.

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5787
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 1:32 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Fri 30 Nov, 2018 11:55 pm
What a farce. Seriously an embarrassment. No doubt Choc will be back in a few years when the next big thing in Australian boxing emerges and he feels spotlight deprivation.
Not after all the hype and BS from Mundine just so he could make a few $'s in retirement. Mundine is not the loser , its the general public who forked out relatively big money and time to watch 96 seconds. A rip -off farce.

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 1:42 pm

Newtown wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 1:27 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Fri 30 Nov, 2018 11:09 pm
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Fri 30 Nov, 2018 10:36 pm
Mundine usually disappoints all the viewers and doesn't get his head punched in.
You'd be cranky how late the fight is going to start if you'd paid for it on PPV
You got 96 seconds of boxing after all that wait.
If you paid for Horn v Mundine you got what you deserved.

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 1:46 pm

Demps wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:48 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:18 pm
I’m not a big fan of Mundine but Horn got him pretty flush. If he was 32 and not 42 he might have worn it and kept going. Sure it wasn’t the biggest punch but it hit Mundine nice and clean.
Out cold...

Lot of talk online it was a fix.... But idk.

I can't see Horn matching it with international guys like Danny Garcia or Errol Spence.... So he cna enjoy his win over an expired fighter and lose the next few when matched with US heavy hitters like Terrence Crawford
I don’t think it was fixed just the inevitable outcome of a massive mismatch. Mundine struggled with Green who was at a similar stage of semi retirement. Against Horn who is in his prime and world class it was only going to end one way.

As for Horn he needs to start thinking about his long term career and fight decent guys before he thinks big names again. Crawford looked out of his scope but Horn has improvement in him.

Marshall_magic
Member
Member
Posts: 4318
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Marshall_magic » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 2:08 pm

Mundine is one of the most calculating and savvy athletes in Australian history. He made a 20 year boxing career on the same formula
1. Say something controversial
2. Let the media/public hysteria generate publicity - maybe walk back your comments if they are too provocative
3. Announce your fight coming up
4. Sell tickets/buys because people want to see you get backed.

Promoters don't care about your image, they care about tickets sales and buy rates. Mundine creates both of those. What's funny is if everybody just ignored his nonsense he would have been gone years ago. The fact he walked out on League in 2000 and in 2018 he's still one of the biggest boxers in the country speaks volumes about his head for the business side of the sport. He's basically a WWE wrestler in boxing.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4988
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 2:14 pm

He would have to be one of the quickest punchers that Oz has ever produced.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8521
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 2:19 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 2:08 pm
Mundine is one of the most calculating and savvy athletes in Australian history. He made a 20 year boxing career on the same formula
1. Say something controversial
2. Let the media/public hysteria generate publicity - maybe walk back your comments if they are too provocative
3. Announce your fight coming up
4. Sell tickets/buys because people want to see you get backed.

Promoters don't care about your image, they care about tickets sales and buy rates. Mundine creates both of those. What's funny is if everybody just ignored his nonsense he would have been gone years ago. The fact he walked out on League in 2000 and in 2018 he's still one of the biggest boxers in the country speaks volumes about his head for the business side of the sport. He's basically a WWE wrestler in boxing.
Indeed 😉
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8521
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 2:19 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 2:14 pm
He would have to be one of the quickest punchers that Oz has ever produced.
Horn?
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Marshall_magic
Member
Member
Posts: 4318
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Marshall_magic » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 3:44 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 1:46 pm
Demps wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:48 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:18 pm
I’m not a big fan of Mundine but Horn got him pretty flush. If he was 32 and not 42 he might have worn it and kept going. Sure it wasn’t the biggest punch but it hit Mundine nice and clean.
Out cold...

Lot of talk online it was a fix.... But idk.

I can't see Horn matching it with international guys like Danny Garcia or Errol Spence.... So he cna enjoy his win over an expired fighter and lose the next few when matched with US heavy hitters like Terrence Crawford
I don’t think it was fixed just the inevitable outcome of a massive mismatch. Mundine struggled with Green who was at a similar stage of semi retirement. Against Horn who is in his prime and world class it was only going to end one way.

As for Horn he needs to start thinking about his long term career and fight decent guys before he thinks big names again. Crawford looked out of his scope but Horn has improvement in him.
I can see Horn on the way out soon as well. This was a big payday at the back end of his career. He got a prison beating from Crawford and he may be thinking about his long term health. He beat Manny, how much higher is his ceiling realistically?

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8521
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 3:48 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 3:44 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 1:46 pm
Demps wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:48 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:18 pm
I’m not a big fan of Mundine but Horn got him pretty flush. If he was 32 and not 42 he might have worn it and kept going. Sure it wasn’t the biggest punch but it hit Mundine nice and clean.
Out cold...

Lot of talk online it was a fix.... But idk.

I can't see Horn matching it with international guys like Danny Garcia or Errol Spence.... So he cna enjoy his win over an expired fighter and lose the next few when matched with US heavy hitters like Terrence Crawford
I don’t think it was fixed just the inevitable outcome of a massive mismatch. Mundine struggled with Green who was at a similar stage of semi retirement. Against Horn who is in his prime and world class it was only going to end one way.

As for Horn he needs to start thinking about his long term career and fight decent guys before he thinks big names again. Crawford looked out of his scope but Horn has improvement in him.
I can see Horn on the way out soon as well. This was a big payday at the back end of his career. He got a prison beating from Crawford and he may be thinking about his long term health. He beat Manny, how much higher is his ceiling realistically?
I don't like Horn at all.... Im with you though.
He smoked a dated Mundine.
But on the international stage he has no chance.

Over rated.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Post Reply