Cricket Season Thread

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 2249
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Re: Cricket Season Thread

Post by Tiger Steve » Sat 29 Dec, 2018 6:08 pm

Hang your heads in shame top 7. Cummins showing with courage and guts you can survive and thrive
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.


User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9912
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Sat 29 Dec, 2018 10:33 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 29 Dec, 2018 6:08 pm
Hang your heads in shame top 7. Cummins showing with courage and guts you can survive and thrive
Yep put it in perspective. Only bloke from our side to pass 50 in either innings. The current test team is basically a good shield batting team with a test match bowling attack.

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3871
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sat 29 Dec, 2018 10:42 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Sat 29 Dec, 2018 10:33 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 29 Dec, 2018 6:08 pm
Hang your heads in shame top 7. Cummins showing with courage and guts you can survive and thrive
Yep put it in perspective. Only bloke from our side to pass 50 in either innings. The current test team is basically a good shield batting team with a test match bowling attack.
I think that describing them as a good shield batting team is a stretch. Maybe currently they could be described as slightly above average, but if you look at some of the shield sides over the last 20 years, there were a load better than the current Australian side.

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9912
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Sat 29 Dec, 2018 11:33 pm

True that Harvey.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41835
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Sun 30 Dec, 2018 1:06 am

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 28 Dec, 2018 7:15 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 28 Dec, 2018 6:19 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Fri 28 Dec, 2018 3:48 pm
What can you say ...................
Pat Cummins is a champion...
He is , we will even think more highly of him when he does a Dizzy Gillespie and scores a double century to get us home
139 more and he will get us home

If he does ScoMo should declare the 30th of December Pat Cummins Day


User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9912
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Sun 30 Dec, 2018 11:59 am

Looks like one session negotiated without a wicket!

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3871
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sun 30 Dec, 2018 1:18 pm

They need to announce the changes for the Sydnety test. I need to update my BBL supercoach team.

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4339
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Sun 30 Dec, 2018 3:08 pm

Marnus Labuschagne called into the squad for Sydney Test
No more plodders!
:sign:

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 2249
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 30 Dec, 2018 3:11 pm

WT2K wrote:
Sun 30 Dec, 2018 3:08 pm
Marnus Labuschagne called into the squad for Sydney Test
Fantastic - we need specialist batsmen with technique and we bring in a leg spin bowling all rounder
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9912
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Sun 30 Dec, 2018 4:17 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 30 Dec, 2018 3:11 pm
WT2K wrote:
Sun 30 Dec, 2018 3:08 pm
Marnus Labuschagne called into the squad for Sydney Test
Fantastic - we need specialist batsmen with technique and we bring in a leg spin bowling all rounder
We're talking about a bloke who averages 33 in shield cricket. A cricket plodder...

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 2249
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 30 Dec, 2018 7:12 pm

Cameron Bancroft will be A. Cheered; B. Booed; C. Indifferent response????
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5641
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 30 Dec, 2018 9:42 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 30 Dec, 2018 7:12 pm
Cameron Bancroft will be A. Cheered; B. Booed; C. Indifferent response????
I would heartily clap Bancroft....only for the fact that he ratted out Warner.
Will be a sad day for Aussie cricket when/if Warner the little gerbil gets another gig for our country.

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 2249
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 30 Dec, 2018 9:57 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 30 Dec, 2018 9:42 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 30 Dec, 2018 7:12 pm
Cameron Bancroft will be A. Cheered; B. Booed; C. Indifferent response????
I would heartily clap Bancroft....only for the fact that he ratted out Warner.
Will be a sad day for Aussie cricket when/if Warner the little gerbil gets another gig for our country.
He will be back the second he is available. No way he won’t be picked after the pathetic batting from our supposed top 6. He and smith will be back for World Cup and ashes tour. I don’t like him either but I’m sure he will be back
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41835
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Mon 31 Dec, 2018 12:34 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 30 Dec, 2018 9:57 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 30 Dec, 2018 9:42 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 30 Dec, 2018 7:12 pm
Cameron Bancroft will be A. Cheered; B. Booed; C. Indifferent response????
I would heartily clap Bancroft....only for the fact that he ratted out Warner.
Will be a sad day for Aussie cricket when/if Warner the little gerbil gets another gig for our country.
He will be back the second he is available. No way he won’t be picked after the pathetic batting from our supposed top 6. He and smith will be back for World Cup and ashes tour. I don’t like him either but I’m sure he will be back
I'm not so sure you can pick them without any 4 or 5 day cricket behind them to be honest

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5267
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Mon 31 Dec, 2018 10:17 am

The National cricket team are not that apart from the Wallabies,unfortunately this particular generation of sportsmen in these two particular codes are just not up to the standard required.They live like kings with the remuneration to match .This will never change until someone finally takes some responsibility and set the required standards.

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1668
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 31 Dec, 2018 4:20 pm

Mate of mine said we should pay our batsmen by the hr..... should liven them up a tad
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 2249
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 31 Dec, 2018 4:50 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 31 Dec, 2018 12:34 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 30 Dec, 2018 9:57 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 30 Dec, 2018 9:42 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 30 Dec, 2018 7:12 pm
Cameron Bancroft will be A. Cheered; B. Booed; C. Indifferent response????
I would heartily clap Bancroft....only for the fact that he ratted out Warner.
Will be a sad day for Aussie cricket when/if Warner the little gerbil gets another gig for our country.
He will be back the second he is available. No way he won’t be picked after the pathetic batting from our supposed top 6. He and smith will be back for World Cup and ashes tour. I don’t like him either but I’m sure he will be back
I'm not so sure you can pick them without any 4 or 5 day cricket behind them to be honest
Don’t disagree but are you going to leave smith and Warner on the sidelines after what we’ve dished up this summer?? They will be back Day one - no doubt
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 23059
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 31 Dec, 2018 6:31 pm

Smith will, Warner not so sure. I think CA are over him, and who could blame them.

Post Reply