How good is it to see....

Eddie

How good is it to see....

Post by Eddie » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:15 pm

The boys just playing footy this year.... They look like they are enjoying themselves and believe in themselves and their game plan. The body language is far, far better. A far cry from last years mind numbing stuff.

Were very, very dangerous all over the park with this game plan in 2016.

Moses has 7 try assists I think in 2 games. He is a freak.

Luke Brooks short kicking game looked very dangerous.

Kev and Nofo are getting early ball and are electric.

Our forwards are ripping in and having a crack. Chris Lawrance was outstanding as was Grant.

Still some poor efforts in defence however Manly got plenty of piggy backs.

Its all about balance and were getting close to the right mix.

Still don't want to be leting in 24 a game, however were outscoring teams at the minute and the defence should get better as the year progresses.
Last edited by Eddie on Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:28 pm

Agree 100% Eddie, well said. Just need to work on the D and cutting out the cheap penalties which are hurting us. Loving the attack and the extra space around the ruck is helping our pack make good metres up the middle.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:38 pm

I think it's the cheap penalties that are killing us at times. Our centres are guns. Our halves may turn into guns. Our fullback is a weapon. If the forwards keep rucking it up hard I think the halves get space and they have options outside of them.

It's hard not to get excited.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:38 pm

The game has quickened so far this season with the rule changes which helps us immensely. But its been our forwards that haven't taken a backward step that have propelled us. Full marks to every forward and especially Tim Grant imo
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:43 pm

The thing that impressed me the most was we for the most part defended penalties and errors...We gifted Manly plenty of possession and scrambled well for the most part...

At the ground you could feel we were never going to just turn it up ...it was another game we would have lost in the past...

Credit must go to the S & C staff ...I have never seen them fitter...again we win a game with 16 men for almost 80 min...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:48 pm

Tim Grant could be the buy of the year, another strong game, 133 m from 16 runs, 25 tackles, 1 MT :)

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:48 pm

Tim Grant could be the buy of the year, another strong game, 133 m from 16 runs, 25 tackles, 1 MT :)

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:52 pm

Geo. wrote:The thing that impressed me the most was we for the most part defended penalties and errors...We gifted Manly plenty of possession and scrambled well for the most part...

At the ground you could feel we were never going to just turn it up ...it was another game we would have lost in the past...

Credit must go to the S & C staff ...I have never seen them fitter...again we win a game with 16 men for almost 80 min...
But it will take its toll Geo and that's what concerns me

Things like that don't show up straight away

Any truth to the rumour that Farah is an outside chance this week

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 11:01 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:The thing that impressed me the most was we for the most part defended penalties and errors...We gifted Manly plenty of possession and scrambled well for the most part...

The game will slow down a little as the season rolls on and that is when the grind starts to take effect, but unlike plenty of other teams we have fire power and that can get you out of plenty of holes. We also have some depth for a change

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 11:01 pm

happy tiger wrote:

Farah was interviewed by Danny weidler before the start of the game , says he's hoping to be back for the Parra game .
So he won't be signing your flag on the Gold Coast :(
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 11:07 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Farah was interviewed by Danny weidler before the start of the game , says he's hoping to be back for the Parra game .
He wasn't signing my flag , he was kissing my blue ringed octopus

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 11:09 pm

happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

He wasn't signing my flag , he was kissing my blue ringed octopus
Sure :roll:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 8:48 am

The League Media will focus on our backs and the opposition forward packs. Some opposition packs like Dogs, Souths, Canberra have been great. Going under the radar is our pack. We aren't steamrolling teams with dramatic plays. But we are running hard and doing clever switches give us plenty of metres .
in Ivan we distrust

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 8:53 am

We are looking good no doubt! Throat is pretty sore today from the cheering last night...

We're still leaking too many points to trouble teams like the broncos, but I'm hoping we'll tidy that up as the season drags on.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 9:00 am

Backs are good, forwards are good, bench is good, depth is good - it's all good.

oh, and coach is good too it seems.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 11:40 am

We look very slick with ball in hand - the movement at speed is exceptional.
I think it'll look even better when the halves take the line on themselves a little more.

strrretch

Post by strrretch » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 11:55 am

The team spirit is strong, even when things go wrong they're sticking together and fighting back. No doubt there will be some hurdles to come but whatever form they take the squad look like they stand a good chance overcoming them this year

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 12:46 pm

In James Tedesco's interview on Monday Night with Matty Johns, he spoke of removing the shackles on the halves and allowing them more freedom. He also said that last year "JT" really chained them down as he implemented structures at the club.

What I got from that is last year was basically a wipe-out year used to set a platform for this year. The telling thing for me was the fact Moses kept playing, even though his form was so bad he needed to be dropped. Giving youth experience was more important than winning *just one game*.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.