BUNKER WRONG!!!!!

Cultured Bogan

Re: BUNKER WRONG!!!!!

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:48 pm

Not sure what the definition is this year, but last year that would have been a try. We wouldn't have scored in a brothel today (ironic given we had three hookers,) if they didn't score the scoreline would have been 2-0.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 6:53 pm

Im not going to make excuses because this decision did not cost us the game. We were still in it well after this happened.

That said, with the new interpretations, that is 100% not a try. Dropped ball.

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:01 pm

No separation, does not = control.
They need to stop making decisions solely based on freeze frames.
The ball bounced higher than the Burj Khalifa in Dubai.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:03 pm

Under their interpretations, it was a try and Ill give it.

Having said that, I don't believe it ever should be. Clear loss of control.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:09 pm

jadtiger wrote:We played awful that try didnt make any difference poor selection cost the game
Agree it didn't cost us the game. Still worng decision, but didnt cost us. Taylor cost us
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:09 pm

We didn't deserve to win but if the correct decision was made and it was 2-0 we could have gone for a goal on one of the numerous penalties and gotta a 2-2 draw. Having said that , that was an awful game of league.
So many penalties and drop ball. We couldn't hold the ball and all Para did was bomb on the fifth to Teddy. I should have gone into the Easter Show and watch the wood-chop or sheep dogs
in Ivan we distrust

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:21 pm

king sirro wrote:
jadtiger wrote:We played awful that try didnt make any difference poor selection cost the game
Agree it didn't cost us the game. Still worng decision, but didnt cost us. Taylor cost us
Agreed he really is clueless

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:22 pm

Swordy wrote:Under their interpretations, it was a try and Ill give it.

What interpretation are u going on? Its my understanding that its all about control. So if u go by "the interpretation" the decison was wrong, as he lost control.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:37 pm

shane2801 wrote:Whatever the score (it's 20 mins to go) I really believe the Bunker got it wrong with Parra's first try. I never complain about refs but this frame by frame review decision is absolute rubbish.

I have been saying for years that any video decision should only be allowed to be viewed in real time. There is no way that player had control of that ball, even when you watch it slowed down.
Control of the ball is not in the rule book. His hand never left the ball until after it was forced. Sure it was only a finger or two but that's all you need. Try everyday of the week. The Bunker got it right.
Last edited by mike on Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:42 pm

king sirro wrote:

What interpretation are u going on? Its my understanding that its all about control. So if u go by "the interpretation" the decison was wrong, as he lost control.
The interpretation is about control, ball never left his hand and so deemed to be in control until it does PROVIDED the scorer can exhibit a reasonable influence on the plane of the ball.....rotation, spin etc.

If it leaves his fingertips and the ball turns, moves etc due to inertia, and not direct influence by the scoring player, but then he gets fingers on it again before it hits the ground, that is not control unless the scoring player has exhibited control of the ball in this instance, not merely downward pressure.

Having said that, i think its BS either way King Sirro. My opinion is you cant control a ball with the last joint in your pinky, but that is not NRL opinion.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 7:49 pm

Swordy wrote:
king sirro wrote:

The interpretation is about control, ball never left his hand and so deemed to be in control until it does PROVIDED the scorer can exhibit a reasonable influence on the plane of the ball.....rotation, spin etc.

If it leaves his fingertips and the ball turns, moves etc due to inertia, and not direct influence by the scoring player, but then he gets fingers on it again before it hits the ground, that is not control unless the scoring player has exhibited control of the ball in this instance, not merely downward pressure.

Having said that, i think its BS either way King Sirro. My opinion is you cant control a ball with the last joint in your pinky, but that is not NRL opinion.
Sounds like common sense is out the wondow ay going by that explanation of control. Think we agree, but dont agree, if that makes sense lol
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 8:24 pm

So really we lost 2-0 to a hot team, yet everyone it seems is losing their____

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 8:26 pm

innsaneink wrote:So really we lost 2-0 to a hot team, yet everyone it seems is losing their____
Who's everyone? I'm only talking about the dud call. Parra deserved the win.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 8:29 pm

innsaneink wrote:So really we lost 2-0 to a hot team, yet everyone it seems is losing their____

Oh how many times u have a crack at someone on here for bracketing "everyone" together. Not everyone is losing it at all. A few yes, but dont brand all of us. Some obvious things to fix up and we are fine, but the fear is Taylor wont see these obvious things.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 8:30 pm

I did not see to much wrong with the call, but it is frustrating when they replay it 50 times trying to find a reason to over rule the on field official and grant a try and we do the same they replay it 50 times to try and take the try away from us.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 8:47 pm

SC thats my issue too. This weekend we saw some really brave decision making in the bunker where they refused to overturn the onfield decision because it wasnt clearly wrong. In my view thats the correct approach and if followed here should have been a no try. That being said, I cant quibble with this decision. I would have been ropeable if it had been the reverse and try disallowed.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 8:50 pm

king sirro wrote:

Oh how many times u have a crack at someone on here for bracketing "everyone" together. Not everyone is losing it at all. A few yes, but dont brand all of us. Some obvious things to fix up and we are fine, but the fear is Taylor wont see these obvious things.
I did say "it seems"....didnt want to generalise

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 28 Mar, 2016 8:53 pm

innsaneink wrote:
king sirro wrote:

I did say "it seems"....didnt want to generalise

Lol, showing your experience there. Clearly been in a few debates on here.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS