Nathan Milone

maxxy86

Re: Nathan Milone

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:26 pm

Harvey wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:Watching the replay now....the attempted tackle on j smith after the myth dropped the ball was poor. It was an attempted ankletap. When I watched it live I thought it was lovett but alas it was Malone.
Is that the one where he then laid there for a bit before getting up and jogging behind they play while they scored where he should have been defending?
Yup most certainly was and it was on his side also
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:53 pm

I used to have issues with Fitzhenry, but at least Fitzy had an upside to his game, and he was a weaker link in what at times was a pretty good side.

Milone is the most mediocre footballer I've seen put on a WT jersey since Hayes Lauder. He has no upside, nothing I can praise him for, and man I really try to be constructive when talking about footballers.

He is nil threat in attack, literally zero impact with footy in hand. I swear if he ever plays firsts again, the day he scores a solo try will be the day I die of shock.

Defensively he is slow, awkward, indecisive. He's like the worst parts of Ayshford combined with the worst parts of Lovett.

I don't care if we have no options and have to run out one of the cheergirls at left centre next week - JT for the love of Dawkins do not ever select this guy again.

Or select him to accompany you out the door.

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:58 pm

maxxy86 wrote:
Harvey wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:Watching the replay now....the attempted tackle on j smith after the myth dropped the ball was poor. It was an attempted ankletap. When I watched it live I thought it was lovett but alas it was Malone.
Is that the one where he then laid there for a bit before getting up and jogging behind they play while they scored where he should have been defending?
Yup most certainly was and it was on his side also

It was, keep in mind we had 2 tackles and Tim Grant who made the 1st one after Milone missed ankle tap was back playing center at the time. If a prop who has been running all game could do that yet Milone couldn't show any urgency to get back and help the team sums his NRL ability right their.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:59 pm

Lay off Milone he simply should not have been selected. Its not his fault he is physically out of his depth.
Looks small and lacks pace bad combination for an outside back.

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 11:02 pm

Wests Tigers recruitment at it's best.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 11:04 pm

jirskyr wrote:I used to have issues with Fitzhenry, but at least Fitzy had an upside to his game, and he was a weaker link in what at times was a pretty good side.

Milone is the most mediocre footballer I've seen put on a WT jersey since Hayes Lauder. He has no upside, nothing I can praise him for, and man I really try to be constructive when talking about footballers.

He is nil threat in attack, literally zero impact with footy in hand. I swear if he ever plays firsts again, the day he scores a solo try will be the day I die of shock.

Defensively he is slow, awkward, indecisive. He's like the worst parts of Ayshford combined with the worst parts of Lovett.

I don't care if we have no options and have to run out one of the cheergirls at left centre next week - JT for the love of Dawkins do not ever select this guy again.

This is exactly what I thought of Milone.

How can a guy like Jason taylor not see this??

You can only assume there are politics at play, or like Sheens Taylor as a similar favourite dud player.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 11:05 pm

jirskyr wrote:I used to have issues with Fitzhenry, but at least Fitzy had an upside to his game, and he was a weaker link in what at times was a pretty good side.

Lol that's the thing isn't it. Sure we've had guys like Fitzy who was dead set terrible, however you could say he got some good meters out of dummyhalf with his footwork and if he ever got put in the clear he would put the foot down to score.

I don't see a single positive milone has in his game. He isn't big, isn't quick, has no footwork, terrible in defence and as we saw today can't catch a pass put on his chest when we had a 2 on 0 40m out to win the game.

BornBlack&Gold

Post by BornBlack&Gold » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 12:01 am

This kid can surely not be part of our top 25???? If the other players like him that much , thats fine, it happens at lots of clubs. But do what other clubs do. ONLY sign him on for peanuts on second tier contacts so he can plod along in reserves forever.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 12:35 am

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:Brace yourselves I think he will get selected again next week!

Oh dear...Another loss then... :o

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 12:40 am

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:The only off load I can remember is the one from Sironen to our centre who muffed it. Has the off load been coached out of this team?

The only time we looked dangerous was when Moses threw some lovely balls to put the Kevin outside of his opponent. Unfortunately Kev had an unfortunate game.
Farah had an offload which really worked well for us

I think with our poor ball handling and security the players may have been asked not to throw it around.

Correy Parker is the offload king, there is a lesson the learn from him But you do need people in support before you can throw the ball in a tackle

Sadly we are not good at it

The Sharkies are. Their offloads are winning them games.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 12:42 am

willow wrote:Simply shocking. I'm lost for words.
That's because we're not allowed to swear. :mrgreen:

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 6:02 am

851 wrote:It is not Milone's fault, he is ordinary no doubt and should never be selected again, blame the idiot coach who picks him and some other nuffies, he is the one giving us no chance to win.
Absolutely. If someone gives a blind man a chainsaw and asks him to chop down a tree but he cuts his leg off instead do you blame the blind man or the moron who put him in that situation in the first place?
Having said that, the lack of effort and commitment that Pat Milone showed in getting back to attempt to stop the Knights 1st try was bloody pathetic.....if you don't wanna put in for our club then rack off.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 7:47 am

Tigermama wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:The only off load I can remember is the one from Sironen to our centre who muffed it. Has the off load been coached out of this team?

The only time we looked dangerous was when Moses threw some lovely balls to put the Kevin outside of his opponent. Unfortunately Kev had an unfortunate game.
Farah had an offload which really worked well for us

I think with our poor ball handling and security the players may have been asked not to throw it around.

Correy Parker is the offload king, there is a lesson the learn from him But you do need people in support before you can throw the ball in a tackle

Sadly we are not good at it

The Sharkies are. Their offloads are winning them games.
I am sure this has been coached out of the forwards. Imagine our halves playing off the back of this style of play. We need an injection of youth into the forwards now the season is all but over.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 8:11 am

happy.....any chance of Milone still being a Steve Renouf clone? ;) :lol:

The guy is appalling don't blame him, blame the bloke that selected him :bash, you know you have a crap squad when a bloke like Milone replaces Simona.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Milky

Post by Milky » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 9:19 am

I thought Rankin was worse, his positioning and defence is shocking.

Rankin missed the tackle on Uate and was out of position for a few passes

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 9:26 am

I wonder what will be the reaction if on Tuesday Milone is again selected in the firsts run on team by our esteemed coach?

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 9:32 am

Milky wrote:I thought Rankin was worse, his positioning and defence is shocking.

Rankin missed the tackle on Uate and was out of position for a few passes
I thought Rankin was reasonable. Stopping Uate is hard at best of times. Stopping him close to the line, one on one must be a nightmare.

Milone - showed nothing as expected.

yeti

Post by yeti » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 9:41 am

Well, at least Taylor will suffer the consequences down the track for his selections. If we are propping up the table after half the season, hopefully he'll be put on the bus and we can engage another coach - again. We all know there are salary cap pressures etc etc, but the idiocy of giving this guy a top 25 spot in the first place is the problem.