What should the club do?

TigerMoz

Re: What should the club do?

Post by TigerMoz » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 7:32 am

And whoever selected JT should go with him. The clowns are in charge of the club, have been for years.
The joke of a management over the last several years can be seen on the field, the leagues club, the financial situation of the club and so forth.
The club is a disaster in almost every way, we will be lucky to survive the next 5 years.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 7:42 am

The problem is that the coach will not drop the players who have been underperforming. Drop Brooks and Moses and replace with Littlejohn and Rankin as halves. Drop Milone and replace with , Josh Addo-Carr as Winger. Drop Farah and replace with Cherrington. Drop Sironen and replace with Griffen. Give Edwards another chance in first grade. These changes will at least bring a little honesty, pride and hunger into our side.

Of course these changes will have to be instigated by the coach but he has been carrying this dead wood all season and is unlikely to change and this is why so much of the fans' anger is aimed at him whilst he blames the players he has been carrying. One side blames the other so lets have wholesale changes on both side, the current coach and the players he has been carrying.

Poppa

Post by Poppa » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 8:33 am

We no doubt lack up front leaders and go forward big men. We have a good 6/7/1 and all can attack well. But our defence lets us down bad. How JT address this I don't know. Still we will come good, its games like this that can really make you look at your own game and try to improve, and I'm sure they will. its hard to sit and watch your side get smashed, but it happened. Have a look at the 1st four teams and we have to play them soon to. Keep going WT.
:supporter: :sign:
Cheers Poppa

Blaze

Post by Blaze » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 8:53 am

I just can't believe how easily we were rolled. It seemed like every tackle we made, one of the markers was lying next to the play of the ball... No wonder their 9 had a field day up the middle... We only ever had on market all night! We have absolutely no wrestle in tackles, and haven't for years, hence all the offside penalties we cop, and the times we try to hold on longer, we get done for being there too long.... We really are either poorly coached defensively, or we are simply too small to compete... I'm guessing both... Either way, there is no answer without different players and coaches.... Enough is enough.

Blaze

Post by Blaze » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 8:54 am

*one marker*

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 9:23 am

Renegotiate Taylor's contract and extend to 2018. Sends a clear message to the players the board supports the coach.

Further, the salary cap issues should be partially fixed by end of this year and completely fixed by end of 2017. Taylor then gets one year with "his" squad and without the constraints of the past. Results the only determinant for extending to 2019.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 9:25 am

Time to wield the selection machete. It's well overdue. We're doing this old school.

Drop Moses, Brooks, Farah, Milone, Rankin, Sironen, Felise, Lovett.

Bring in Littlejohn, Drinkwater, Cherrington, Simona, Addo Carr, Fine, Grant, Griffin.

Pick players who want to put in.

If any of them react poorly or negatively to it, good. Let them sook and make them prove they deserve their spot by dominating NSW cup.

Something tells me none of them would.

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 9:26 am

We will drop 2 out of the next 3 games (Souths, Dogs, Newcastle). Season gone.

Taylor should have been shown the door by now, so hopefully he hands in his resignation before S.O.O.

PROVEN NRL replacement coach to come in ASAP (no in club replacement for the rest of the year).
Last thing we need is 2017 to be another trial & error season for first year coaches at the club.

Hopefully with a new coach, these poor team selections will be a thing of the past, and he can drop the players he doesn't see in his side for 2017 onwards. It will also give him a good insight into the youngsters trying to get their opportunity.

A reputable coach will act as a draw card for any current & future contract negotiations.

Rest of 2016: Team trials now begin for 2017. Good luck youngsters

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 9:34 am

hobbo2803 wrote:The club may as well hand it's license back to the NRL .
Worst managed and operated club in the comp by a country mile and I personally can't see things changing in the coming future ...

I also can't believe the club has signed up to rookie halves on potential with them earning +600k....

When will the lunacy end ???

We have to wait another 2 years when Farah and some of these massively overpaid under performing Juniors go

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 9:36 am

steve-o wrote:Did buckets order the pizza so they could enjoy it in the sheds afterwards?
Buckets good record since joining 0-6.... Maybe he should be sacked .... :roll

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 9:40 am

Blaze wrote:I just can't believe how easily we were rolled. It seemed like every tackle we made, one of the markers was lying next to the play of the ball... No wonder their 9 had a field day up the middle... We only ever had on market all night! We have absolutely no wrestle in tackles, and haven't for years, hence all the offside penalties we cop, and the times we try to hold on longer, we get done for being there too long.... We really are either poorly coached defensively, or we are simply too small to compete... I'm guessing both... Either way, there is no answer without different players and coaches.... Enough is enough.
Our size around the park isnt good compared to most teams.
Forget the wrestle, we dont know what it is. Still think its 2005.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 9:53 am

Work out how much last night game was worth to each player, in a monetary value.
One's who performed get to keep their payment.
Those who did not, deduct the money and give it to a worthwhile Charity.

Might seem over the top, but it looks like some players have a sense of entitlement.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 9:58 am

Taylor losing the Farah battle really ruined his entire plan. I feel for him tbh. I would have done exactly what he did. Granted I'd have been selecting different players, but I'd have tried to get rid of Farah as well.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 10:24 am

marzie wrote:
Harvey wrote:
marzie wrote:Sack JT tomorrow, promote Sandercock as interim and look for a new head coach
Sandercock was giving the half time address. Has been sacked from super league and was assistant at the spoon winning knights last year. I will pass on him thanks
Kidwell then. Take your pick
That is the problem, both the assistants are hopeless and the lower grade coaches are handpicked by Taylor. The place needs a broom through it, coaching staff and players.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 11:51 am

The club should employ me to swing the axe. I'd sack everyone from top to bottom, save a handful of players.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:03 pm

Credit to Potter, he benched Benji and then that problem basically took care of itself.

haberfield tiger

Post by haberfield tiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:22 pm

MacDougall wrote:Taylor losing the Farah battle really ruined his entire plan. I feel for him tbh. I would have done exactly what he did. Granted I'd have been selecting different players, but I'd have tried to get rid of Farah as well.
it will soon be Farah 3 - dead coaches 0... Hes been white anting from last year. Toxic...

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 12:36 pm

haberfield tiger wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Taylor losing the Farah battle really ruined his entire plan. I feel for him tbh. I would have done exactly what he did. Granted I'd have been selecting different players, but I'd have tried to get rid of Farah as well.
it will soon be Farah 3 - dead coaches 0... Hes been white anting from last year. Toxic...
The rot starts at the top , the Wests Tigers board should be ousted first , they were the ones who gave Taylor permission to try and oust Farah .
The board were the ones that appointed Taylor .

Although I've never ever rated Taylor , did Farah have a problem with Taylor when Taylor was first Appointed ??
The entire club is a basket case !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !