Team v Souths - 1 change

•  Recent Topics
Geo.

Re: Team v Souths - 1 change

Post by Geo. » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 11:09 pm

foreveratiger wrote:Wish my job had no accountability.

If he finds that performance unacceptable how in the bloody hell do you only make one change? I'm seriously perplexed.

It's only a matter of time for JT as the boys club has defeated him.
5 day turnaround - the players that would replace only had 4 day turnaround as they played NSW cup on Sunday - there were never going to be mass changes because of that - there's 17 days until the Bulldogs game then you may see change if we get touched up by Souff's

I for 1 am glad he has selected the same team ...it will show me if these players actually do have any Pride in the Jersey that they represent and the Club I love..Or they don't actually give a stuff...It's about Redemption for this playing Group..

The other amusing thing is if you go back and look at the teams people selected pre-season bar Woodsey being out and a winger/bench player here or there it's a team pretty much most chose...
Wayne Train 2019..

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 11:13 pm

ricksen wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:Halatau, Naiqama, Lovett, Aloiai, Brooks, Sirro, Nofo and even Sue all somewhat lucky to be named. All those forwards mentioned are bench players at best.

None bar maybe Brooks would be in the top 17 for any other NRL side this year.

However, with only 1 on field training session before the game (today) there isn't a lot of opportunity to work on new combos in match training. After a big thumping it's also not unheard of to give the players a chance to respond on the field to see who has it in them. Those who don't perform again are then dropped.

Given there's a long break after the Souths game that would be the opportune moment to work on new combinations.
This is a fair point - also the NSW cup guys would only have a 4 day turnaround. JT is a conservative, safe coach, so no surprise that he's gone the safe option here.
That said, desperate times call for desperate measures, and we're now chasing our 7th successive loss with pretty much the same team (no changes on merit at least). That is incredible IMO.
I agree, JT is a very unimaginative coach. Needs to try different things and give some new players a go. Same old same old, just isn't working for us. Time for a change or two please JT. :supporter:

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 11:16 pm

Harvey wrote:
Eddie wrote:Im talking about Nathan Brown and what he stands for.

He dropped senior players in the Pre season and After Round 1

He stated he would pick the team purely around effort at training. Reputations means zero to him.

He is not afraid to lose in the short term to get long term gain and cultural change at that club

I think he will do well there in the long run.

For mine its what this club needed. I wanted him when Taylor got the gig but anyway, its a big rebuild there.

What our club needs is a whole change of culture. There is no accountability here.

I know the Knights are losing most week however I think there supporters would have more hope then ours.
Hang on there is an each way bet here. Apparently Milone and Lovett are amongst the best trainers, but when they are picked the coach is crucified

By all reports Chee Kam is top of the list of a number of training indicators.

Yet he can't get a crack.

Also been speculated by our insider about Milone and Lovett sponsorship situation and personal freidnship with taylor.

So where is the consistency if thats the case from Taylor?

Seems likes rules for some but not for others.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 11:20 pm

Geo. wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:Wish my job had no accountability.

If he finds that performance unacceptable how in the bloody hell do you only make one change? I'm seriously perplexed.

It's only a matter of time for JT as the boys club has defeated him.
5 day turnaround - the players that would replace only had 4 day turnaround as they played NSW cup on Sunday - there were never going to be mass changes because of that - there's 17 days until the Bulldogs game then you may see change if we get touched up by Souff's

I for 1 am glad he has selected the same team ...it will show me if these players actually do have any Pride in the Jersey that they represent and the Club I love..Or they don't actually give a stuff...It's about Redemption for this playing Group..

The other amusing thing is if you go back and look at the teams people selected pre-season bar Woodsey being out and a winger/bench player here or there it's a team pretty much most chose...
6 losses in a trot screams for changes, Brooks should of been dropped 2 weeks ago.

I haven't even seen 1 minute of the Raiders game and didn't even see any highlights......but the scoreline says it all.

The team people choose in Pre-season is the best possible side we have on paper but clearly 8 Rounds in and players are just going through the motions, there is no desperation in there actions.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 11:23 pm

Geo what do you suggests happens if we get touched up again and loose our 7th game on the trot?
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 26 Apr, 2016 11:52 pm

foreveratiger wrote:Geo what do you suggests happens if we get touched up again and loose our 7th game on the trot?
Consult Trent Robinson.. :?

The previous losses and I think most would agree whilst losses the performances were credible...I doubt any minor changes made would have resulted in wins...Dropping Brooks would have not changed the result against the Raiders...

As I said given the circumstances and turnaround for this game I understand why Taylor has run with the same 17 if possible...I also have doubts one or more of Grant Halatau or Naiqama will play..so there maybe 3 more forced changes there ...you cant make another 2 or 3...

If the side performs badly again this week it will tell me a lot..then I would make significant changes...

I'm hoping they can prove a lot of people wrong...and a 1 win streak will start... :pray:
Wayne Train 2019..

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 5:45 am

"by all reports.... "
"been speculated by our insider.... "
Sounds like the telecrap

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 6:08 am

I just hope we try something different this time around. Four hit ups then a mid field bomb gets pretty boring...
Tigers tragic since 1980.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 6:12 am

Yeah... Boring

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 9:47 am

Why is it that i can have a bet on JAC and Milone for first try scorer? Do the betting agencies know something we dont?
SMOKESCREEN
Hahaaa

(Been waiting for an excuse to say that)

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 10:43 am

F.Y.I Everybody - Officially confirmed that Grant is out.
Would it be expected Joel Edwards gets another call up?

McGrime

Post by McGrime » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 10:43 am

Hit the nail on the head Geo 4 day turnaround from NSW Cup just no option here. Especially when they are expected to come in to a team beaten by 54 points. I am actually looking forward to the Souths game remember the same guys nearly rolled Storm the week before & we have seen what they did the following week.
Don't get me wrong I don't expect a win but I do expect a different attitude to defence.
Maybe something like:
Mistakes = Less Possession = More Tackling = Less Energy thus more Mistakes = Flogging.
So just keep it tight early nothing fancy.
On Taylor : No Comment / He's been around long enough to know what another flogging means.
WestsTigers

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 10:53 am

Grant out.
At a guess, we'll see Sue to prop, Sironen to lock and Lovett or Halatau to starting on the edge.
Griffin or Edwards onto the bench.

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 1:08 pm

We're looking at a possibility of no props on the bench, 1 decent starting back rower and a collection of reserve graders and 'utilities' to try and make up the numbers in the forwards.

I hope we can score some early points cos we'll have nothing past the 30 minute mark. Ava and Sue are going to need to play some big minutes (like ideally 80) on a 5 day turnaround.

willow

Post by willow » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 1:15 pm

With Grant missing we are at a significant size disadvantage. Now if we defended like the Broncos and put shoulders into the tackles I wouldn't be as worried, but given we're defensively soft, I really think Souths will just bulldoze us into the ground. I can see them putting 50 points past us.

Tigerheart_returns

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 3:38 pm

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. :deadhorse:

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 3:41 pm

RIP our middle. Sue is gonna have to make 50 tackles.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

Tigerheart_returns

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Wed 27 Apr, 2016 3:42 pm

[quote="diedpretty"]by diedpretty » Sun 24 Apr, 2016 9:23 pm

It will be the same side that got thumped by Canberra and the reason will be that these players need to be given the chance to redeem themselves.

We already had "the coach has the backing of the board"..I am looking forward to the WT filling the newspapers and airwaves from Thursday late...Sure, as someone said, nothing to be gained from putting down our team, but nothing to be gained by confirming them either.