A ton of character

GNR4LIFE

A ton of character

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 9:45 pm

What a difference 5 days makes.

Credit where credit is due. I was as vicious as anyone on these players last week, now i have nothing but praise. They were bashed from pillar to post all week, and i think most would have been happy to get within 20 of Souths. But they came out ready to play. Sure Souths weren't there in the first half, but take what you can get atm. 2 weeks ago the Storm didn't turn up either and we bumbled and fumbled. Not tonight, tonight we turned up. Even in the second half when they got their mojo back we could have easily folded like we have many times in the last 12 months. Credit to all 17 players. And don't forget they lost Moses literally as they were walking out the tunnel.

And stuff it, you know what, credit to JT. The guy people bash week after week for not having this team motivated and ready to go. He was a dead man walking all week. He did his job this week, and after one of the worst weeks in the clubs history. Job well done.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 9:50 pm

The team is still a bit short on muscle and skill, but the effort tonight was excellent.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 9:51 pm

The team is still a bit short on muscle and skill, but the effort tonight was excellent.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 9:57 pm

got my tip right! hahaha

good win, but man we need to get our $#!@ together for 2 weeks time.

our bench is beyond poor. called it at 20min we'd concede a bunch of points and we got beaten 18-0 in the next 30 if i recall correctly

BUT. we have a TONNEEE of players coming back in round 9 thank god. Tim Grant, Tedesco and Moses with Ballin the week after and hopefully Woodsy the week after that.

still not enough to push us into the eight i dont think - but hopefully close. if we recruit a couple of good 2nd rowers and put up that kinda effort we can definitely make it next year.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 9:59 pm

One of the most courages wins from the Wests Tigers IMO...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

RobWT

Post by RobWT » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:00 pm

Can't fault them for the huge turnaround from last week.
Credit where it's due even for JT.

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:01 pm

Considering the injury problems before and during the game, it hard not to be very proud of that. When it was 20-18 and when they could barely get to their feet with 10 mins left, that's when they showed real character.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:03 pm

I think the long turn around will be great for us. Not just on the injury front and the troops we could get back, but because the team can actually have a chance to bring themselves down from tonight, cos that would have taken so much out of them tonight.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:04 pm

given the circumstances, the injuries to moses and teddy, the short turn around, the pressure.........an extremely good win.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:05 pm

A better effort from the whole team, great to get some points again

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:08 pm

Awesome effort .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:17 pm

Look I don't know if it was a ton of character but it was a big improvement which is all we can ask for

Souths and Maguire are in huge strive , all this talk of him overtraining sides seems to be true

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:17 pm

Look I don't know if it was a ton of character but it was a big improvement which is all we can ask for

Souths and Maguire are in huge strife , all this talk of him overtraining sides seems to be true

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:21 pm

Right after the final siren the team all came rushing in for what looked like one of the most emotional huddles i've ever seen on a footy field. Nofa looked like he was about to burst into tears, Ava and Robbie also looked very emotional. It was amazing to see as a supporter it showed it meant something. They were playing for that jersey and maybe even the coach tonight.

On the game itself it was great to see because some of our most maligned players were probably our best tonight.

Rankin
Brooks
Farah
Lovett
Sironen

The coach said after the game they wanted to forget the skill and exuberence and play with toughness. Tonight they did that. Missing our 2 starting front rowers and we rolled one of the better forward packs in the game. It was a breath of fresh air.

With a long turn around and our players scheduled for return next game, this could be a turning point in our season. We are only 2 points out of the 8 as it stands.
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

matty tiepie

Post by matty tiepie » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:26 pm

One of he best wins we have had. We lose Tedesco at half time ( our best attacking weapon ) Moses a few minutes before kick off and caned a bit in the penalty count and still won. some of the tackles late in the game were awesome as souths were throwing it around a bit by then. special mention to Chris Lawrence and Brooksy as I thought they were both superb

cunno

Post by cunno » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:30 pm

Tony33 wrote:Right after the final siren the team all came rushing in for what looked like one of the most emotional huddles i've ever seen on a footy field. Nofa looked like he was about to burst into tears, Ava and Robbie also looked very emotional. It was amazing to see as a supporter it showed it meant something. They were playing for that jersey and maybe even the coach tonight.

On the game itself it was great to see because some of our most maligned players were probably our best tonight.

Rankin
Brooks
Farah
Lovett
Sironen

The coach said after the game they wanted to forget the skill and exuberence and play with toughness. Tonight they did that. Missing our 2 starting front rowers and we rolled one of the better forward packs in the game. It was a breath of fresh air.

With a long turn around and our players scheduled for return next game, this could be a turning point in our season. We are only 2 points out of the 8 as it stands.
Good points Tony, I Thought Ava and Sue put their hands up early to lead by example particularly carting the ball full steam into the Souths forwards. In regards to the long turn around, I hope our blokes don't lose focus and forget how good they can be when they work hard for each other.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:38 pm

Great win.

Huge credit to the coach and the boys.

I still think our season is lost overall.

Like people said South Sydney are in a world of strife. However they had a lot more big players on the field then us.

However tonight was about pride in the jumper and they showed it in spades.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 10:45 pm

I'm sorry, that was a courageous win but it doesn't make up for inept losses to Newcastle and last week's effort.
Replicate tonites attitude week in week out please.
True character is in yourself all the time, not just sometimes.