Moses dragging Brooks down?

stryker

Re: Moses dragging Brooks down?

Post by stryker » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 11:51 pm

I think their halves partnership is a myth.
To me it seems like they have never met when out on the field. They get in each others road and both want to be the playmaker rather than rolling their sleeves up and being a footballer.
They need to be split up...tonight just further proved it with Brooks being one of the best on the field.

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 11:51 pm

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:Wish we had kept Austin. They need some one to control. Two many cooks spoil the.....
I don't - he is just a show and go merchant. He also wanted out.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Thu 28 Apr, 2016 11:56 pm

underdog wrote:
Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:Wish we had kept Austin. They need some one to control. Two many cooks spoil the.....
Lawrence in parts and Rankin did their best Austin Impressions tonight.
good observation, I hadnt thought of it that way but that is right. Lawrence is a poor man's Austin in attack but certainly has him covered in defence.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 12:04 am

It certainly helps to take the pressure off when you skip out to a 20-nil lead. Not even the best halves in the game look too great or certain of themselves when they are down by 20 in a match.
Brooks was pretty good tonight but Moses has looked just as good in games where we have got the early ascendancy and the pressure valve is off. The real measure of a playmaker is how they react and play when they are on the wrong end of a scoreline and both Brooks and Moses have shown the pressure melts them. Which is to be expected by blokes of their age. Time will tell whether one hinders the other, both of them look the goods when we have a handy lead, would be nice to see one or both of them drag us back into a game and onto victory when we are down by plenty on the scoreboard.
Well done to Brooks tonight, we needed him to stand up and he did. Needs to happen more often though.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Fri 29 Apr, 2016 4:11 am

Brooks 14 tackles, 7 Missed Tackles and 3 attempted intercepts - still can't defend or most times even try