WESTS Tigers Team V Dogs

Cosimo_Zaretti

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Dogs

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Wed 11 May, 2016 7:15 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
Taylor played 3 or 4 games for the Warriors at starting hooker
Yes he does make Halatau a bit obsolete. If we just bought an 80 minute lock who defends well, and can fill in at second row or hooker, do we still need Dene?

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Wed 11 May, 2016 7:17 pm

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
Boonboon2 wrote:
Yes he does make Halatau a bit obsolete. If we just bought an 80 minute lock who defends well, and can fill in at second row or hooker, do we still need Dene?
Yes we do...Intrust Cup

stevied

Post by stevied » Wed 11 May, 2016 9:52 pm

WestsSupporter wrote:Good luck to Justin Hunt. Say what you want about him, he's earned his spot through good, consistent performances at the level below - all you can ever ask of a player on the fringes.
Do you mean one (singular) consistent performance at the level below? In my opinion, Rankin had a blinder at fullback against Souths and should keep the spot. Also, if we're looking at a replacement winger, it should be JAC as we are trying to keep him. Hunt can earn his position by stringing one or two more solid performances together. Finally, I believe that Taylor and Fine should both be there and Ava should be persisted with as a starter with Grant returning on the bench.

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Wed 11 May, 2016 9:59 pm

Maybe it is that JAC has already signed with Storm so why give the position to somebody with 1 NRL game experience who has decided to go?

everett

Post by everett » Thu 12 May, 2016 7:38 am

For years Forum members have been complaining about team selections and in particular players being picked out of place. For the last 2 years we have had more luck with injuries. I am happy JT has made minimal changes to our team this year and agree Hunt should replace Teddy at fullback.

After this round I would like to see ET at lock with Sue on bench in prop rotation.

I would like to see Ava and Woods starting and Sue and Grant replacement props.

My bench going forward would be Grant, Sue, Lovett and Alioa/Chee-Kam.

Sorry but I think Dean is on old legs and 18th man is his position.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

stevied

Post by stevied » Thu 12 May, 2016 8:15 am

Excuse my ignorance but has JAC signed with the Storm or not? If he hasn't then we should pick him to encourage him to stay and to see what he's got.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 12 May, 2016 8:41 am

stevied wrote:Excuse my ignorance but has JAC signed with the Storm or not? If he hasn't then we should pick him to encourage him to stay and to see what he's got.
Nothing official but you would have to think so, it is not like the club has come out any said anything on the matter, so I get the feeling silence means he is gone. Unlike others although I see him as a very good prospect I will not be devastated if he signs elsewhere. We are a club already top heavy with "P" platers..ie potential players, we need to fill all gaps now with players like Grant and Taylor, experienced NRL standard players to retain the correct balance. As our P platers make the next step to seasoned campaigners than we add some more P platers to the roster from either within our system or from outside...but at present we have to get the balance right

stevied

Post by stevied » Thu 12 May, 2016 11:06 am

Fair enough point Supercoach but I still think we should keep him. From what I have read and seen in highlights he is an out of the box, scoring machine with genuine pace. On top of his speed, he also appears tenacious with a real desire to compete and do his best for the Tigers. As well as bringing in hardened first graders, we also need to hang on to young talent.
Last edited by stevied on Thu 12 May, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Thu 12 May, 2016 11:37 am

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
Boonboon2 wrote:
We may need some cover for Dummy Half as Robbie has a sore butt.

Robbie Farah in no doubt for Tigers clash with Bulldogs despite injury to butt-cheek
MAY 11, 20169:34PM

CHRISTIAN NICOLUSSIThe Daily Telegraph

HAD the Wests Tigers played last weekend, Robbie Farah would have joined high-profile teammates Aaron Woods and James Tedesco in the casualty ward.
Farah copped a knee to the tailbone in the opening minute of the South Sydney upset, and was in plenty of pain afterwards.
He is in no doubt for Sunday’s blockbuster against Canterbury at ANZ Stadium where the Tigers will chase just their fourth back-to-back win in two years.
“I copped a knee in the tailbone, it was in an awkward spot, I struggled all game and couldn’t really run or take off, but I had to stay out there after we lost Mitch (Moses) in the warm-up,’’ Farah said.
“The fact I played the rest of the game, I bled into the backside, so now I have a purple left butt-cheek.
“With the week off and the long turnaround until Sunday, I’ll be able to build it up.’’
Originally published as Farah to play despite purple butt-cheek
in Ivan we distrust

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Thu 12 May, 2016 1:11 pm

stevied wrote:Excuse my ignorance but has JAC signed with the Storm or not? If he hasn't then we should pick him to encourage him to stay and to see what he's got.
I think he is just injured.

willow

Post by willow » Thu 12 May, 2016 2:55 pm

greatodensraven wrote:
He's back this week in State Cup.

stevied

Post by stevied » Thu 12 May, 2016 9:39 pm

Why on Earth State Cup? More Tigers short sightedness!!

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Fri 13 May, 2016 6:53 am

Aloiai will start
E Taylor to bench
Sironen 18th man

everett

Post by everett » Fri 13 May, 2016 7:45 am

tiga4eva wrote:Aloiai will start
E Taylor to bench
Sironen 18th man
I hope this is true.

What is your source???????
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Fri 13 May, 2016 7:59 am

willow wrote:
greatodensraven wrote:

Well that's disappointing

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Fri 13 May, 2016 9:18 am

greatodensraven wrote:
willow wrote:
greatodensraven wrote:

Well that's disappointing
I think they said he's "returning from a groin strain" or something similar, so no way would he be risked in firsts this week. If he has signed with Melby, I favour leaving him out.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

clifferdSH

Post by clifferdSH » Fri 13 May, 2016 11:27 am

tiga4eva wrote:Aloiai will start
E Taylor to bench
Sironen 18th man
Is this what you would have or is this actually happening?

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Fri 13 May, 2016 11:48 am

A relative of a player told me.