Absolute disaster, not first grade standard

Harvey

Re: Absolute disaster, not first grade standard

Post by Harvey » Sun 15 May, 2016 10:09 pm

People should look on the bright side, we are not the knights. They would struggle to beat a couple of the ISC teams around (though do manage to beat us).

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 15 May, 2016 10:25 pm

We got pushed back into the in-goal twice ON TACKLE 2!!!!!.

Russta

Post by Russta » Sun 15 May, 2016 10:31 pm

We might beat the knights and we might not. But can you imagine what the Donkeys will do to us.They'll beat us by 100 if we defend like we did today. I Hate the Boncos and most of their supporters but they will spank us. :( :( :(

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 15 May, 2016 10:40 pm

stevetiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Until we can stump up cash to go into the market and have an extensive recruitment drive, we will continue to spin our wheels. Doesn't matter whose coaching.
I think the coach has to go first.
Sheens wasn't the answer,either was Potter, so punt Taylor and were sweet?

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 15 May, 2016 10:43 pm

Russta wrote:We might beat the knights and we might not. But can you imagine what the Donkeys will do to us.They'll beat us by 100 if we defend like we did today. I Hate the Boncos and most of their supporters but they will spank us. :( :( :(
We will be missing Woods & Farah as it is the week before origin. They will be missing McGuire, Thaiday, Gillett, Parker, Boyd and possibly Hunt, Oates and Roberts. I have flashbacks to previous losses against the baby broncos

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 15 May, 2016 10:49 pm

tiga4eva wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Until we can stump up cash to go into the market and have an extensive recruitment drive, we will continue to spin our wheels. Doesn't matter whose coaching.
I think the coach has to go first.
Sheens wasn't the answer,either was Potter, so punt Taylor and were sweet?
We won a title with Sheens and we were very good for a couple of seasons. Taylor has been terrible.

It's also not punt Taylor and then we're sweet. It's punt Taylor to see how much he has been stuffing us up and because you can't keep accepting the performances this team is putting out there.

Russta

Post by Russta » Sun 15 May, 2016 10:51 pm

Harvey wrote:
Russta wrote:We might beat the knights and we might not. But can you imagine what the Donkeys will do to us.They'll beat us by 100 if we defend like we did today. I Hate the Boncos and most of their supporters but they will spank us. :( :( :(
We will be missing Woods & Farah as it is the week before origin. They will be missing McGuire, Thaiday, Gillett, Parker, Boyd and possibly Hunt, Oates and Roberts. I have flashbacks to previous losses against the baby broncos
Oh ok, well maybe they'll only beat us by 50 with their reserve grade side. :bawling

stevied

Post by stevied » Mon 16 May, 2016 12:46 am

PYMBLEPETE wrote:It might be worth bearing in mind we had lost 3 of our selected starting players (all forwards) before half time and two after I think 20 odd minutes. Its worth mentioning that every dud refereeing decision that was made - and there were plenty - went against us. At least three of their tries involved dud or dubious decisions. Also it happens that the Dogs came to play today and were as fired up as I have seen them since round 1. An 'absolute disaster not first grade standard' was Newcastle today. I thought we played poorly, especially the halves who I am tiring of rapidly and Nofaluma. And Kevvie wasnt much if any better. However in the circumstances of the above, not a complete disaster.
This is a balanced and fair summary Pete. Yes, we were depleted, yes there were some dud decisions, yes, we played poorly and, yes, the Bulldogs were excellent. However, the underlying concern is the very poor tactics and execution in both defense and attack. Of course, this comes back to coaching.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Mon 16 May, 2016 5:25 am

Harvey wrote:
Don't worry about the flashbacks mate. Their second string line up which barring injury will still have Hunt and Milford would be getting paid more than our top line up

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 16 May, 2016 7:44 am

stevied wrote:
PYMBLEPETE wrote:It might be worth bearing in mind we had lost 3 of our selected starting players (all forwards) before half time and two after I think 20 odd minutes. Its worth mentioning that every dud refereeing decision that was made - and there were plenty - went against us. At least three of their tries involved dud or dubious decisions. Also it happens that the Dogs came to play today and were as fired up as I have seen them since round 1. An 'absolute disaster not first grade standard' was Newcastle today. I thought we played poorly, especially the halves who I am tiring of rapidly and Nofaluma. And Kevvie wasnt much if any better. However in the circumstances of the above, not a complete disaster.
This is a balanced and fair summary Pete. Yes, we were depleted, yes there were some dud decisions, yes, we played poorly and, yes, the Bulldogs were excellent. However, the underlying concern is the very poor tactics and execution in both defense and attack. Of course, this comes back to coaching.
Jeez, I'd love to see us stop crying about Refs , just once, decisions are crook for all teams at times, we bring most of the penalties on ourselves be, and a lot of them are dumb penalties. Caused by lazy players.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 16 May, 2016 10:14 am

That was as bad a performance as the Canberra game. Right from the offset the players looked like they didn't give a crap. They weren't switched on and there was no-one on field trying to fire the boys up. Just going through the motions.

Geez the outside backs were woeful. Do people on here really think that players like Naiqama and Nofo would be playing first grade for any other side, apart from maybe Newcastle? Turnstiles in defence. We can't base our team around hot and cold players. They might look great from time to time, but then they'll go back to being nobody again for the next month. A consistently average player would be better value.

We need a new coach and a new captain. And probably 10 new faces in the squad next season.

TJL

Post by TJL » Mon 16 May, 2016 10:24 am

They're the laziest team I have ever seen. On three occasions I counted eight of them taking up to tackle three to get back onside from a kick. It is obvious that they don't want to be there. They'll get done by Newcastle, again.

WTDiehard

Post by WTDiehard » Mon 16 May, 2016 3:21 pm

They don't look a happy bunch.

Don't know what the issue is.....coach or players but as supporters you expect better. We don't expect to set the world on fire but RESPECTABLE for a change would be really nice.

The footy team is a $5M a year business....same as all the other sides apart from a few you have some 3rd party player agreements in place.....surely we should be capable after 5 lonely years of putting a side on the field that has some bXlls.

Either way its poor poor poor and re-enforces why I don't go out to the games anymore......its just a waste of a good day.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Mon 16 May, 2016 8:10 pm

tiga4eva wrote:We got pushed back into the in-goal twice ON TACKLE 2!!!!!.
And on both occasions rankin was involved ...why does JT continue to play him and worse .play him in a position he is too slow for

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Mon 16 May, 2016 9:56 pm

Seems like only our club can loose players before kickoff 2 weeks running.
What's with this warm up.

tiger_one

Post by tiger_one » Mon 16 May, 2016 11:37 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:Seems like only our club can loose players before kickoff 2 weeks running.
What's with this warm up.
And just get back to the basics.
Face slapping anyone ??

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 17 May, 2016 5:51 am

They ambushed us?
Took us by surprise?
''...came to play, and were fired up...?''

Thats not worth bearing in mind....it should be a pre-requisite every bloody week....
...for us.

The worst dud decision (Hunt staying on) went our way
Sorry Pete I just see excuses

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 17 May, 2016 6:05 am

Balmain Boy wrote:........ Turnstiles in defence...........
Sorry but I have to disagree. In order for a turnstile to turn it has to make contact with something.
Breezeways perhaps?
A couple of weeks ago the WT defensive 'line' was used as a worst case scenario in a tactical review I saw. Our defensive structures and methods really are woeful at times.
"Quality Stupidity"