WESTS Tigers Team V Broncos

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6346
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Broncos

Post by 851 » Tue 24 May, 2016 8:33 pm

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Boonboon2 wrote:Just saw Sironen named in nsw cup. Surley on his way out the door contract or not he wont stay abdvplay nsw cup and we will want to free up the cap room.
Would love to know the full story there. Not that he doesnt deserve to be there, but you get the feeling theres more to it.
Carrying a hooker on the bench means one less back rower. Could be as simple as that. Aloiai and Lovett have been too solid to drop the past few weeks.

I'd have Curtis Sironen over Dene Halatau, but I understand Taylor not wanting to run Ballin for 80 minutes.
We could use Taylor at 9 if required, but you are spot on about Halatau, he should not be there.
Go hard or go home


User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 11055
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 24 May, 2016 9:35 pm

As others have said, swap out Frozone for Chee Kam and that would be better, but hopefully the boys will be switched on for the Baby Broncos

tigermac88
Member
Member
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 12:53 pm

Post by tigermac88 » Tue 24 May, 2016 9:42 pm

I would've given Kev and Halatau the week off also and played Chee Kam in the centres and Ballin to start at hooker and added Fine on the bench... I don't think it will matter anyway Brisbane should still put us away comfortably.

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 24 May, 2016 9:57 pm

ballin needs to start and play 80.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Magpie Magic
Member
Member
Posts: 1073
Joined: Mon 05 Apr, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Magpie Magic » Tue 24 May, 2016 10:14 pm

Brisbane may struggle this week they have a real weak bench. Could be a chance for us.
Disappointed Teddy wasn't ready. Our club seems to always have players recovering slower than others.
Still reckon Naiqama is a pretty decent centre. Misses a few tackles but has plenty of traffic at him and is a guy who can win you a game and we need that this week, the Newcastle tactics won't cut it.
JAC included is a real plus imo.


Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Tue 24 May, 2016 10:23 pm

Geo. wrote:
Masterton wrote:I wonder if the Sirro dropping is supposed to be a "kick up the clack" or an attempt to move him on before the June cutoff.
If I was guessing...the 2nd one...

One day there will be a team list Tuesday..where everyone just says Yah..it will be boring tho..
Geo, what would i give for WT to be a boring successful team! YAH. :pray:

tigerman80
Member
Member
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed 27 Apr, 2016 10:24 am

Post by tigerman80 » Tue 24 May, 2016 10:28 pm

Am i missing something, why is Cherrington out of favour. Surely we would get more then what we are getting out of Halatau.

How refreshing was JAC. Caught the high ball all game, made metres, ran hard. If he gets dropped when Tedesco comes back then im going to lose my mind

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Tue 24 May, 2016 10:42 pm

tigerman80 wrote:Am i missing something, why is Cherrington out of favour. Surely we would get more then what we are getting out of Halatau.

How refreshing was JAC. Caught the high ball all game, made metres, ran hard. If he gets dropped when Tedesco comes back then im going to lose my mind
Tigerman i don't know why Cherrington is out of favour, but Halatau is one of the few senior players in our team, is co-captain and part of the leadership group, so i doubt JT will drop him unfortunately.

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3305
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Tue 24 May, 2016 10:46 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:Brisbane may struggle this week they have a real weak bench. Could be a chance for us.
Disappointed Teddy wasn't ready. Our club seems to always have players recovering slower than others.
Still reckon Naiqama is a pretty decent centre. Misses a few tackles but has plenty of traffic at him and is a guy who can win you a game and we need that this week, the Newcastle tactics won't cut it.
JAC included is a real plus imo.
I dunno mate, it's a young bench but that doesn't necessarily mean it's weak. Arrow and Pangai Jnr are two of the best rated junior forward prospects going around and they'll be keen to impress. Kodi Nikorima is also pretty dangerous coming on against tired forwards. Underrating them would be a mistake I think.

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2691
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Tue 24 May, 2016 10:56 pm

Can't remember the last time we beat the Broncos - seem to often get them during SOO,and they still flog us.
After watching the two games last week, even with a depleted pack - hard to tip us this week. No doubt after loosing last week and with SOO period they will be eager to do a job on us. Up there too.

Chevy
Member
Member
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri 04 Apr, 2014 8:05 pm

Post by Chevy » Tue 24 May, 2016 11:46 pm

If the Broncos play their usual up tempo game they will blow us off the park.We probably have the worst service from a #9 in the comp with Halatau,Che Kam is unlucky not to be in the starting side,good to see JAC retained in the side.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40764
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 25 May, 2016 12:52 am

Telltails wrote:Can't remember the last time we beat the Broncos - seem to often get them during SOO,and they still flog us.
After watching the two games last week, even with a depleted pack - hard to tip us this week. No doubt after loosing last week and with SOO period they will be eager to do a job on us. Up there too.
2011 v Brisbane during SOO

Mitch Brown scored the match winner from a Robbie Farah chip bomb with about 90 seconds left

Lawrence scored in the 1st minute playing in the 6 jersey

If memory serves Ellis did his groin just after HT

Then some Bronco clown pushed me while carrying EB down the stairs at Suncorp necessitating my ACL surgery

User avatar
Masterton
Member
Member
Posts: 2495
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Masterton » Wed 25 May, 2016 6:47 am

tigerlogic wrote:
This side is puss!
And if you think sirro deserves his spot you're kidding yourself! Even Lovett is a better choice than him now, Lawrence is streaks ahead of him, you talk about defensive efficiencies, if the game is on the line I would much preferred Lawrence is making the tackle over sirro!
Lawrence is leading the entire comp in missed tackles that lead to tries. Sirro has many faults, but his defence is consistently pretty good.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Wed 25 May, 2016 7:27 am

Masterton wrote:
tigerlogic wrote:
This side is puss!
And if you think sirro deserves his spot you're kidding yourself! Even Lovett is a better choice than him now, Lawrence is streaks ahead of him, you talk about defensive efficiencies, if the game is on the line I would much preferred Lawrence is making the tackle over sirro!
Lawrence is leading the entire comp in missed tackles that lead to tries. Sirro has many faults, but his defence is consistently pretty good.
I would keep giving Siro chances and definitely monitor how he goes in the lower grades. His defence is good and we can work with that.

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2691
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Wed 25 May, 2016 7:50 am

Many people have made their minds up about Sirro and dont see the growth in his game but will focus on any errors he makes. Yes his work rate with the ball needs some significant improvement but as others have said his defence is solid.
Flannagan seems to have a knack of getting the best from his forwards and if reports are true that he has gone to the Sharks the sooner the better. He has become the favourite whipping boy and for his own sake he needs a change of clubs
I for one will watch with interest to see the impact a new coaching environment will have on him may answer a lot of questions

liltiger
Member
Member
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed 17 Apr, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by liltiger » Wed 25 May, 2016 9:34 am

I don't blame Sirro I blame Jason Taylor. Sure Sirro isn't setting the world on fire but just like our other young players we had at that stage he is only a shadow of the young player who showed so much promise playing under Potter

Chadman's Ghost
Member
Member
Posts: 546
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Wed 25 May, 2016 9:53 am

Biggest addition to our side is Sue. The team needs his hard running. Grant plays better when Sue is playing hard.

Balmain Boy
Member
Member
Posts: 3226
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Balmain Boy » Wed 25 May, 2016 10:31 am

Nelson wrote:
Magpie Magic wrote:Brisbane may struggle this week they have a real weak bench. Could be a chance for us.
Disappointed Teddy wasn't ready. Our club seems to always have players recovering slower than others.
Still reckon Naiqama is a pretty decent centre. Misses a few tackles but has plenty of traffic at him and is a guy who can win you a game and we need that this week, the Newcastle tactics won't cut it.
JAC included is a real plus imo.
I dunno mate, it's a young bench but that doesn't necessarily mean it's weak. Arrow and Pangai Jnr are two of the best rated junior forward prospects going around and they'll be keen to impress. Kodi Nikorima is also pretty dangerous coming on against tired forwards. Underrating them would be a mistake I think.
Exactly, an inexperienced bench doesn't mean it's week. 2 of the highest rated young forwards in the comp who'll be giving 110% to impress once given an opportunity. Arrow would be in our top 17, TPjnr is a beast too.

They've got top quality halves, quality centres and still a strong pack who can hold their own. If we're not switched on they'll pump us.

MCK might still play. Being 18th man means Kev may not be back to fitness yet. And he's far more solid defensively then Kev, which is what you need against he Broncos.

Post Reply