Galloway, Gibbs et. al

softlaw

Galloway, Gibbs et. al

Post by softlaw » Fri 26 Mar, 2010 10:45 pm

Dominated tonight. Moi Moi got belted everytime he took the ball up & did nothing.
Our two starting props are a seriously high quality unit.

Ellis, Flano, Heigho also quality.
Fifita - still learning but doesn;t look out of place and defended well.

Top work pigs!!
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 26 Mar, 2010 10:48 pm

absolutely .... i think moi moi only had 2 hit ups in the first 17 minutes ... i was rapt to see him run on for the start , cause he is the most dangerous off the interchange imo .....big keefy is destined for bigger things in the near future ....

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 26 Mar, 2010 10:48 pm

Dont forget Robbie...he had his best game for us tonight in months of football. Been very disappointed with him but tonight he looked dangerous. Top stuff.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Fri 26 Mar, 2010 10:53 pm

Galloway was great but Gibbs is just so fit it is amazing.

I take my hat off to them both.

The Fonz told me at the First State cup game this year that Fifita would be four weeks away from match fitness. Fifita was blowing hard out there.

His discipline worried me but he had another fine game. Moops will not break back into this team baring injury.

Great stuff.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Danos

Post by Danos » Fri 26 Mar, 2010 10:53 pm

Justin Poore was in a shooting gallery tonight. He only made a handful of hit-ups tonight because every time he touched it he dead set got belted into next week.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 26 Mar, 2010 10:53 pm

Galloway was outstanding....bent the line everytime....Huge in D......

Gibbs....well....2010- The year of Bryce...

Fafita was fantastic in his first 10 mins...and then the pull down of God when he DROPPED the ball was awesome...

Payten .....different player...... allowed Heighno to get wider initially...

Ellis...how good is this bloke......Ha ....I still laugh that some thought he was soft-------->Ask Poore....

Flanagan.......great game,,,can he kick goals?

Cayless....best game for the club....
Wayne Train 2019..

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Fri 26 Mar, 2010 10:55 pm

stryker wrote:Dont forget Robbie...he had his best game for us tonight in months of football. Been very disappointed with him but tonight he looked dangerous. Top stuff.
Robbie played his best game since SOO last year. I had thought he had completely lost it basically since then but he turned it around tonight.

He still has the ability to be a quality NRL player. I also noticed that he tried to control the ruck a lot more and I think that made all the difference. He is not Benji Marshall but he doesn't have to be. He can be more like our version of Cameron Smith but maybe better.

As for our forwards if we keep Fifita, Payten & Cayless on the bench when Galloway and Gibbs need a rest we will be all right.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 26 Mar, 2010 10:57 pm

All of the forwards aimed up tonight, except possibly for Cayless who still looks behind the 8-ball and got very little gametime. The Tigers pack looked good though and with Fulton to hopefully return next week, this would allow Payten to come off the bench. I'd drop Cayless to gain match fitness and bring back Moors who looks more likely at this stage.

The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse » Fri 26 Mar, 2010 11:31 pm

Geo. wrote: Flanagan.......great game,,,can he kick goals?
Yes, he is a very good goal kicker.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Fri 26 Mar, 2010 11:34 pm

Cayless even though he got minimal minutes looked much better than the last two weeks I thought.

Everyone was great tonight, but I want to give a big wrap to Bryce Gibbs. I've endlessly bagged this guy but the back end of last year and the start of this year he's been sensational. The work he gets through for a prop is just unbelievable and finally he is denting the line and making an impact in attack. Kudos.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Fri 26 Mar, 2010 11:54 pm

The Eclipse wrote:Yes, he is a very good goal kicker.
You deadset or kidding? If so... give him the job! Couldn't be any worse lol
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

TbarTiger

Post by TbarTiger » Sat 27 Mar, 2010 12:47 am

Seriously BIG RED is the best front prop in the game today - some of his hits were insanse - and Gibbs is not fair behind him - he work rate for a big fella is nuts!!!

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 27 Mar, 2010 1:11 am

Geo. wrote:Galloway was outstanding....bent the line everytime....Huge in D......

Gibbs....well....2010- The year of Bryce...

Fafita was fantastic in his first 10 mins...and then the pull down of God when he DROPPED the ball was awesome...

Payten .....different player...... allowed Heighno to get wider initially...

Ellis...how good is this bloke......Ha ....I still laugh that some thought he was soft-------->Ask Poore....

Flanagan.......great game,,,can he kick goals?

Cayless....best game for the club....
I am glad that someone else thought cayless had a good game. Big improvement for mine.

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Sat 27 Mar, 2010 7:15 am

I must admit, before this game I thought Galloway was a bit down on form compared to last year, particularly in defense. He was back to his best last night, that's for sure. Loved seeing him smash Parra's forwards.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sat 27 Mar, 2010 9:32 am

So happy about our pigs.

They were full of TIGESTERONE.

Completelly owned Parra.

I thought the scoreboard flattered them.

fainty

Post by fainty » Sat 27 Mar, 2010 9:57 am

I love how Gibbs tackle like you were taught when your a kid...around the legs. The hit on poorefrom Galloway was gold. They all stood up tonight. Keep it up. Galloway will play origin.

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Sat 27 Mar, 2010 10:10 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Cayless even though he got minimal minutes looked much better than the last two weeks I thought.

Everyone was great tonight, but I want to give a big wrap to Bryce Gibbs. I've endlessly bagged this guy but the back end of last year and the start of this year he's been sensational. The work he gets through for a prop is just unbelievable and finally he is denting the line and making an impact in attack. Kudos.
Couldn't agree more regarding Gibbs, I have been very critical of him in the past but I have to admit when I'm wrong and in his case he has proven that to me he is now a quality prop that plays mega minutes. Does anyone have the stats on his minutes played, he must have been on for 6omins!!

Also on Cayless, although he didn't get a lot of game time I thought he had a much better game tonight, I think once his match fitness gets back up he will go well but maybe a few runs in State Cup would do him a world of good.

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sat 27 Mar, 2010 11:27 am

beachtiger wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Cayless even though he got minimal minutes looked much better than the last two weeks I thought.

Couldn't agree more regarding Gibbs, I have been very critical of him in the past but I have to admit when I'm wrong and in his case he has proven that to me he is now a quality prop that plays mega minutes. Does anyone have the stats on his minutes played, he must have been on for 6omins!!

Also on Cayless, although he didn't get a lot of game time I thought he had a much better game tonight, I think once his match fitness gets back up he will go well but maybe a few runs in State Cup would do him a world of good.
I recall cayless from his Easts days as a quite large & dominant prop with plenty of go forward...but he seems a shadow of himself in every respect.Maybe he needs to hit the weights as well as just upping his match fitness