Farah to be rested, Lovett to bench

cqtiger

Re: Farah to be rested, Lovett to bench

Post by cqtiger » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 8:22 am

tiga4eva wrote:Remember the old days,when we'd nervously hope Robbie would come through Origin unscathed and back up on the weekend, now it's an each way bet if I want him to play. I miss the old days
Ah, the old days! Eating Big Ben pies and hotdogs at the old Leichardt oval in the 70's. Those were the days.

Much like now - getting beat most weeks haha
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 8:30 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:Play you strongest side. It is a display of arrogance when your are playing any opponent and talk turns to resting our one of our best. We do not have the quality to replace him.

Farah and Woods play, Halatau as backup because he is can cover more positions and is fitter than Balin. Balin to NSW Cup.
Yeah sure common sense is arrogance. I don't doubt he would push himself and try out there but on tired legs he would run the risk of being that shade off the pace, or he would run the risk of injuring himself and being out for a long spell. Like I said earlier, not everything is a personal slight against him.

Melbourne are at least considering resting Smith and playing bloody Kenny Bromwich at hooker. Is that a quality replacement?

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 8:52 am

Tired legs? Have the courage to say this is not about tired legs it is about attempting a weasel move to get Farah out. Let's call it for what it is and be done with it.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 8:55 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:Tired legs? Have the courage to say this is not about tired legs it is about attempting a weasel move to get Farah out. Let's call it for what it is and be done with it.
You're die hard Farah fan it seems mate...
That's all well and good - you're doing a lot of defending.
Let's just remember with or without Farah - there will always be a Wests Tigers.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 9:11 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:Tired legs? Have the courage to say this is not about tired legs it is about attempting a weasel move to get Farah out. Let's call it for what it is and be done with it.
So Melbourne are trying to shaft Cam Smith too are they? Brisbane are doing the same to Matt Gillett? All teams rest players around origin time.

How is taking the most cynical view of any situation courageous? Seems to have nothing to do with courage to me...

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 9:12 am

I think we need to think about what is best for the player concerned, rather than being selfish about WT. Ideally he should be rested throughout the Origin period so he can be at his best performing in the blues jumper for each of the rep games.
"Quality Stupidity"

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 9:12 am

#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

coopy

Post by coopy » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 9:13 am

It will Be interesting how this plays out.

Taking in all the available facts including Robbie's efforts on Wednesday night plus Matty's relative lack of match fitness, it would seem to make more sense to drop Dene off the bench and play Robbie from there. Matty to start and play 2 stints totalling 50 mins and Robbie to play 30.

I don't see why this would be a problem.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 9:45 am

coopy wrote:It will Be interesting how this plays out.

Taking in all the available facts including Robbie's efforts on Wednesday night plus Matty's relative lack of match fitness, it would seem to make more sense to drop Dene off the bench and play Robbie from there. Matty to start and play 2 stints totalling 50 mins and Robbie to play 30.

I don't see why this would be a problem.
I think that Halatau can play 2 positions makes the pack a bit more flexible. It's hard to say how many minutes we'll get out of woods either.

If, however, this is a way to push Farah out, then I'm all for that aswell.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 9:59 am

NT Tiger wrote:I think we need to think about what is best for the player concerned, rather than being selfish about WT. Ideally he should be rested throughout the Origin period so he can be at his best performing in the blues jumper for each of the rep games.
I agree, this would stop any potential chance of " burnout"
Everyone needs rest.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 10:21 am

Pro football is a funny business, a few years ago the club would needle him up or do anything possible to get on the park after a state of O game. We were virtually no chance to win a game without him. Now with a able replacement and a lot better winning to loosing ratio when he is not playing, the coach wants him to rest, and I think it is probably a good move and I do not read any think sinister in the call. It is just the nature of the game, it is all about winning and it is obvious the coaching staff think Farah would be better resting

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 10:22 am

Nelson wrote:
So Melbourne are trying to shaft Cam Smith too are they? Brisbane are doing the same to Matt Gillett? All teams rest players around origin time.

How is taking the most cynical view of any situation courageous? Seems to have nothing to do with courage to me...
Poor old paws
She jumps right in without often thinking
Owned sgain

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 10:27 am

Admire your loyalty to the man, but seriously.

Mate, we have a five day turnaround against the rabbits on Friday night. So you're suggesting we play Farah for 80 on Sunday arvo and then back up again on Friday night for another 80? Three games in 9 days? You honestly, seriously think even Robbie the legend is up to it?
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 10:27 am

Snake wrote:Lets wait and see if the million dollar man steps up for the club he bleeds for!
This is the post that epitomises the argument that is Robbie Farah.

He can't win, no matter how hard he tries or what he does. His brought it on himself with the way he has carried on (most recently the uncalled for comments about JT) but at the end of the day, he could single-handedly win us every game from now to the GF and still people would want him sacked.

Half the critics are bemoaning his want to play on Sunday, despite JT's requests to be rested. Yet when he does oblige to the coach's want and doesn't play, the other half of the critics will say he doesn't care about the Tigers and he is only in it for Origin. He can't win. His put himself in a situation where he is always wrong with half the supporter base. It's sad that its come to this but it's the reality these days.

I try to avoid Farah threads these days, despite the fact they always seem to become one anyway but it's interesting to see how some supporters carry on about him. I am no longer the strong Farah fan I once was but seriously, it isnt to hard to show some common sense. People bashing Robbie for his SOO performance were either watching a replay from his 2009 performance thinking it was live or again justifying my sentiments in this post. Seriously, give it a rest and call it as it is. Criticise him when he deserves it or just keep quiet when his actually not doing to bad, because for everyone else it just becomes boring and repetitve.

Anyways, hopefully the right decision is made either way and we can take advantage of the chooks missing two of the better players. A win here would mean 4 out of our last 5 since our 60 point thrashing at the hands of the raiders. Would be nice.
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 11:37 am

Tony33 wrote:
Snake wrote:Lets wait and see if the million dollar man steps up for the club he bleeds for!
This is the post that epitomises the argument that is Robbie Farah.

He can't win, no matter how hard he tries or what he does. His brought it on himself with the way he has carried on (most recently the uncalled for comments about JT) but at the end of the day, he could single-handedly win us every game from now to the GF and still people would want him sacked.

Half the critics are bemoaning his want to play on Sunday, despite JT's requests to be rested. Yet when he does oblige to the coach's want and doesn't play, the other half of the critics will say he doesn't care about the Tigers and he is only in it for Origin. He can't win. His put himself in a situation where he is always wrong with half the supporter base. It's sad that its come to this but it's the reality these days.

I try to avoid Farah threads these days, despite the fact they always seem to become one anyway but it's interesting to see how some supporters carry on about him. I am no longer the strong Farah fan I once was but seriously, it isnt to hard to show some common sense. People bashing Robbie for his SOO performance were either watching a replay from his 2009 performance thinking it was live or again justifying my sentiments in this post. Seriously, give it a rest and call it as it is. Criticise him when he deserves it or just keep quiet when his actually not doing to bad, because for everyone else it just becomes boring and repetitve.

Anyways, hopefully the right decision is made either way and we can take advantage of the chooks missing two of the better players. A win here would mean 4 out of our last 5 since our 60 point thrashing at the hands of the raiders. Would be nice.
I have not been a fan for a while, but he played well on Wednesday in a slow dour game that I feel suited his remaining talents such as toughness and reasonable kicking game, which a slowish wet track tomorrow would also suit and not soak up too much energy.

He showed late last year that when prodded he still had an exceptional game in him, but sadly I can't see him getting anywhere near that level again. Whilst I would still prefer he was gone and rested for whatever reason this weekend, I will still cheer (and sometimes berate) him when he is wearing our colours.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 11:48 am

dead set that MORON JT will find any way to get lovett a run. robbie does not need a break,IT will be 4 days since SOO.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 11:53 am

Tony33 wrote:
I dunno. There are obviously a few "haters" on here that loathe everything he does, and few supporters that think he's pure genius (or just hate Taylor). and both groups can be mouthy.

I like to think that there's a larger group they can see both sides. Myself, I don't mind if he play or is rested, but pray he doesn't have a press tantrum.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 11:59 am

Many I believe still think Robbie has been a champion for this club (myself included ) but as I've said a thousand times footballers play football

If Robbie had just stuck to playing football , he would still have had all of his admirers and still regarded as a champion

But like everything , if you want to stick your nose in business that doesn't involve you , you need to be able to back it up on field and demand a massive pay check , you have to back it up or wear the consequences

Robbie is now being held accountable for everything he does , as he should of been from Day 1 , and he doesn't like it