Farah to be rested, Lovett to bench

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4394
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Farah to be rested, Lovett to bench

Post by southerntiger » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 4:51 pm

Telltails wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
Telltails wrote:Classic "if rumours Farah wasn't happy are true. " That about sums it up for me about how Farah is viewed. For many on here it seems there is no difference between rumour and truth when it comes to Farah - yet the percentage of most other rumours are found to be just that - rumours.
I said "if" mate, which is why I haven't had a go at Farah about it. Clearly, I wasn't suggesting it was fact.

In any event, I would expect a player to be annoyed if they are fit and the coach rests them, particularly someone like Robbie.
Wasn't my intention to have a go ST - just an observation. Appologies if it came across that way
All good. Just clarifying that for once I wasn't having a go at Farah.


User avatar
shakey4d
Member
Member
Posts: 1114
Joined: Mon 16 Apr, 2012 6:25 pm

Post by shakey4d » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 5:33 pm

Chee kam, siro and edwards all left out of isp today. Anyone know if any injured or can we expect further changes?

Mck to centre for simona.
Edwards/siro in for woods and 18th man?

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5164
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 5:53 pm

gallagher wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:That reason may be popular on this forum but is not representative of the wider view of WT supporters as was demonstrated at CSS. I dare say even more pronounced at Leichhardt.
Don't forget the 5 people who protested at concord.
And there were three walking down Norton Street. I think three but maybe two.

Anyway three (benefit of the doubt!!!!)

User avatar
Cosimo_Zaretti
Member
Member
Posts: 1331
Joined: Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:07 pm
Location: Camperdown

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Sat 04 Jun, 2016 7:22 pm

Telltails wrote:Classic "if rumours Farah wasn't happy are true. " That about sums it up for me about how Farah is viewed. For many on here it seems there is no difference between rumour and truth when it comes to Farah - yet the percentage of most other rumours are found to be just that - rumours.
Of course he wasn't happy, and I wouldn't want any player in our top 25 who was happy to be left off the team list. If there's a game on, they all want to be out there. When they lose that drive it's time to retire.

User avatar
stevied
Member
Member
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:45 am

Post by stevied » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 7:05 am

It's common sense that Farah, start on the bench. With only four days rest after the intensity of Origin and 50 tackles, surely anyone would be down on mental and physical energy. It's obvious that Taylor should start with Ballin, who is lacking match fitness, and replace him later with someone who has had plenty of match play.


Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5175
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 8:12 am

stevied wrote:It's common sense that Farah, start on the bench. With only four days rest after the intensity of Origin and 50 tackles, surely anyone would be down on mental and physical energy. It's obvious that Taylor should start with Ballin, who is lacking match fitness, and replace him later with someone who has had plenty of match play.
I must admit the Storm players backing up were down on mental and physical energy last night

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 3204
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 11:55 am

innsaneink wrote:
Nelson wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:Tired legs? Have the courage to say this is not about tired legs it is about attempting a weasel move to get Farah out. Let's call it for what it is and be done with it.
So Melbourne are trying to shaft Cam Smith too are they? Brisbane are doing the same to Matt Gillett? All teams rest players around origin time.

How is taking the most cynical view of any situation courageous? Seems to have nothing to do with courage to me...
Poor old paws
She jumps right in without often thinking
Owned sgain
Well, did Cronk, Smith, Thurston, Papalli back after Origin?

Ink, you have a knack of going off half cocked :lol: Been a problem for a while now has it?

1/4 chicken,chips
Member
Member
Posts: 1638
Joined: Sat 30 Jul, 2011 10:28 am

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 12:27 pm

I'm over Farah ..club legend but he clearly stymies our halves attacking game . all players reach their use by date .

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4930
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 9:03 pm

gallagher wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:If Farah doesn't play on Sunday he will be blamed for the SOO interfering with his WT duties - he gets derided either way. Surely he should tried out on the field on Sunday and maybe rotated if runs out of juice. Should Ballin's knee be subjected to 80 minutes of grinding play so soon after his operation - if it can be avoided?
Is that operation he had 6 months ago?

Have you heard of Dene Halatua btw? Have the fat parra fans at the RSL told you about him?
The fat Parra fans are laughing their big guts out at Dene giving the penalty away and making it 8 points behind - unfortunately for WT.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Sun 05 Jun, 2016 11:06 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:I'm over Farah ..club legend but he clearly stymies our halves attacking game . all players reach their use by date .
I don't think that it's clear at all.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18146
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 8:09 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Nelson wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:Tired legs? Have the courage to say this is not about tired legs it is about attempting a weasel move to get Farah out. Let's call it for what it is and be done with it.
So Melbourne are trying to shaft Cam Smith too are they? Brisbane are doing the same to Matt Gillett? All teams rest players around origin time.

How is taking the most cynical view of any situation courageous? Seems to have nothing to do with courage to me...
Poor old paws
She jumps right in without often thinking
Owned sgain
Well, did Cronk, Smith, Thurston, Papalli back after Origin?

Ink, you have a knack of going off half cocked :lol: Been a problem for a while now has it?
Seriously Paws, JT has been completely emasculated by the board regarding Farah. There is no way that Farah wouldn't have played yesterday if he felt he was right to go, the board, and O'Neill, simply wouldn't have allowed it.

You constantly get stuck into those for being blinded by their agenda, and yet you too cannot help yourself.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 10:03 am

Not playing Robbie worked out well... Didn't it now :?

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18146
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 10:05 am

Tigermama wrote:Not playing Robbie worked out well... Didn't it now :?
And if he had and we got flogged, what then?
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 10:22 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tigermama wrote:Not playing Robbie worked out well... Didn't it now :?
And if he had and we got flogged, what then?
He didn't, so we'll never know, will we? 8-)

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18146
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 10:37 am

Tigermama wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tigermama wrote:Not playing Robbie worked out well... Didn't it now :?
And if he had and we got flogged, what then?
He didn't, so we'll never know, will we? 8-)
Exactly, and if I had wheels I'd be a bus. I don't believe Farah would have changed anything, we got wrecked up front and Farah wouldn't have made a difference.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 10:41 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tigermama wrote:Not playing Robbie worked out well... Didn't it now :?
And if he had and we got flogged, what then?
He didn't, so we'll never know, will we? 8-)
Exactly, and if I had wheels I'd be a bus. I don't believe Farah would have changed anything, we got wrecked up front and Farah wouldn't have made a difference.
I disagree CB. Robbie 's kicking game would've made a difference. That's my opinion and sticking to it. ;)

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18146
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 10:43 am

Tigermama wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
And if he had and we got flogged, what then?
He didn't, so we'll never know, will we? 8-)
Exactly, and if I had wheels I'd be a bus. I don't believe Farah would have changed anything, we got wrecked up front and Farah wouldn't have made a difference.
I disagree CB. Robbie 's kicking game would've made a difference. That's my opinion and sticking to it. ;)
We didn't get close enough to the line often enough for Farah's kicking game to make a difference. 70% possession against us in the first half, when was Robbie's short kicking game going to come into it?
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Mon 06 Jun, 2016 10:47 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
He didn't, so we'll never know, will we? 8-)
Exactly, and if I had wheels I'd be a bus. I don't believe Farah would have changed anything, we got wrecked up front and Farah wouldn't have made a difference.
I disagree CB. Robbie 's kicking game would've made a difference. That's my opinion and sticking to it. ;)
We didn't get close enough to the line often enough for Farah's kicking game to make a difference. 70% possession against us in the first half, when was Robbie's short kicking game going to come into it?
In the 30% :lol:

Post Reply