Addo-Carr

VanillaThunder

Re: Addo-Carr

Post by VanillaThunder » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 4:35 am

Don't understand the talk of his bad defensive read leading to a try, Brooks stopped and commited to the man on his inside shoulder which forced Simona and Addo-Carr in and it became catch and pass for Souths from there.
That being said, he struggles a bit in the dirty carries off our line (I recall some saying drop Nofo for JAC previously but these metres are invaluable) and as much as he supposedly wanted to be with the club, it's hard to look past the fact that he's leaving at the end of the year. We're not going to win the premiership this year, bring up Rankin, Hunt or Heleta (probably more upside of the three) and build for the next few years.
He'll be a player under Bellamy though, and that's going to hurt (especially in a house full of Storm fans).

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 5:10 am

I wish he was staying with us. I think he is going to be a real good player.

iofthetigers

Post by iofthetigers » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 6:27 am

stevetiger wrote:I wish he was staying with us. I think he is going to be a real good player.
I don't think it is the end of the world that he is leaving, his defensive reads are very poor but I don't think he is a winger he looks more like a centre,& I think that is where he will end up in Melbourne.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 8:13 am

not our problem.
should spend the rest of the year in ISC.
why should we give him the remainder of the year first grade experience to benefit to the storm?
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 8:18 am

Demps wrote:not our problem.
should spend the rest of the year in ISC.
why should we give him the remainder of the year first grade experience to benefit to the storm?
Exactly.... That's what I've been saying too, let's start a petition to have him be 18th man for ISC or play Ron Massey Cup for the rest of the year.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 8:54 am

I dont doubt his talent, now that he has signed a 3 year deal elsewhere im more inclined to question his commitment

Prior to signing he was virtually error free
Usually its the case of contracts playing on your mind which impacts the game concentration.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 9:06 am

VanillaThunder wrote:Don't understand the talk of his bad defensive read leading to a try, Brooks stopped and commited to the man on his inside shoulder which forced Simona and Addo-Carr in and it became catch and pass for Souths from there.
That being said, he struggles a bit in the dirty carries off our line (I recall some saying drop Nofo for JAC previously but these metres are invaluable) and as much as he supposedly wanted to be with the club, it's hard to look past the fact that he's leaving at the end of the year. We're not going to win the premiership this year, bring up Rankin, Hunt or Heleta (probably more upside of the three) and build for the next few years.
He'll be a player under Bellamy though, and that's going to hurt (especially in a house full of Storm fans).
Simona was commited to the runner one in from the wing. JAC was only needed there if Simona missed. They didn't need to beat Simona as JAC coming in left a 10m gapr for them down the sideline. I remember seeing plenty of similar plays down his wing in the state cup. He will improve and learn through his mistakes and take that skill to Melbourne. Let him learn in reserve grade. I would look at Peni, Rankin, Kharwin (even with the lack of speed) or even Wheelhouse before JAC gets selected in 1st grade.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 9:07 am

Love the WestsTigers wrote:I dont doubt his talent, now that he has signed a 3 year deal elsewhere im more inclined to question his commitment

Prior to signing he was virtually error free
Usually its the case of contracts playing on your mind which impacts the game concentration.
I'd rather give someone else in our squad the opportunity to play first grade. All the training and support the guys in the top squad get. Maybe Chee Kam to centre and Simona on the wing or guys like Karwin and Peni a chance to develop. We have 15 days till our next game, so nows the time.
in Ivan we distrust

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 9:57 am

VanillaThunder wrote:Don't understand the talk of his bad defensive read leading to a try, Brooks stopped and commited to the man on his inside shoulder which forced Simona and Addo-Carr in and it became catch and pass for Souths from there.
Just another mistake in his riddled game last night for mine, as he needed to trust his centre. Terrible dropped pass with no pressure and the line wide open early on.

He is very rusty, but has a good upside with pace and deceptive strength from a wiry frame. Though saw his abs in the dressing room shot and can now see why he is strong through the middle despite being very upright.

I am split on what to do with him, both on form as his last two outings have been progressively poor and that he had already signed elsewhere. Rankin or a youngster might be a better choice.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 10:03 am

Watching the opposition score a try and just stand there and watch, unforgivable!

I don't care how much potential he has, how fast he is or any other attributes - he didn't want to play for us and signed with the Storm.

Let Bellamy iron out his faults and motivate him not to watch tries being scored.
We do not need to develop him any further or give him anymore NRL experience.

Back to reggies, the lower the better.

Give someone a go that wants to play for the Wests Tigers.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 10:08 am

I felt on a few occasions - Simona could've passed to him, but chose not to.
probably because he felt JAC would stifle the play somehow.

He's got no place in our team for the remainder of the year (cos he's signed to storm)
So may as well drop him for the rest of the year.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 10:11 am

Chevy wrote:Ok maybe not his best game but i really liked how he chased when Souths made a break downfield then followed across field before the Souths winger dropped the ball,his pace helps defuse opposition raids which we will miss next year unless we find a suitable replacement.
Yeh... I noticed that too.
Some say he's "switched off"
Didn't look like it to me
Leave him there

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 10:14 am

He's not switched off at all. He's a first grader no doubt. We will miss him.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 10:39 am

He hasn't switched off but that last try was very disappointing. To be fair, he obviously thought the play was dead. Easy to say play to the whistle, not that easy to do.

That being said, Josh has been heavily overrated by many on this site. He played a couple of good (not great) games and all of a sudden half the people on here think he is the next Immortal. I would rather we kept him but he is not irreplaceable. Koro was a bigger loss IMO.
Last edited by southerntiger on Sat 11 Jun, 2016 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 10:44 am

The problem with JAC is he doesn't do the little things. He took a bomb in the second half where he jumped from the field of play back into the in-goal. He had plenty of time and a smart winger would have got his feet into the in-goal before jumping, just as Nofa did in the first half. Same as last week when he couldn't get to the ground and conceded two drop outs.

All game last night was he playing very upright and trying to bust through. What that meant was he kept getting pushed back on every kick return and made no ground. Sure he made 1 or 2 good runs but for the most part his kick return were in the negative.

When he learns these little things he will be a first grader. Now he is just a player that excites the fans who like a bit of flash.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 10:49 am

southerntiger wrote:Easy to say play to the whistle, not that easy to do.
It is easy to do! I scream at my teammates to do it every week in park football when they want to stand around whinging about calls. It's just a mentality you have to develop, especially if you're a professional player.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 10:51 am

Nelson wrote:
southerntiger wrote:Easy to say play to the whistle, not that easy to do.
It's just a mentality you have to develop, especially if you're a professional player.
Dont disagree mate but given the context of the game being over, and that it was a freakish but of play, I am more understanding than I would be.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 11:23 am

Gee it is going to be a big call in 10 days time when the team will be selected. On one point we need the sheer pace of JAC. But does that override the fact he's still raw and he won't be here next year. I don't think it does to be honest.
I'd be inclined to bring back Rankin as he's the allrounder with the ability to not only kick goals but if Tedesco was to be selected in origin 3
Last edited by maxxy86 on Sat 11 Jun, 2016 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign: